Main Menu

2016/17 Sheffield Shield

Started by PowerBug, October 25, 2016, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: PowerBug on December 08, 2016, 08:29:34 PM
99 runs to go, and 90 minutes left in the game (Not sure exactly how many overs). Only 4 down and two big hitters at the crease.

PB with the commentators curse  ;D

PowerBug

Love the jinx I just put on them 8) White and Harper gone in consecutive balls now the tail is exposed under lights with an 8 over old ball

PowerBug

The real cricket starts up again on Wednesday :D We have the confident Warriors at Adelaide Oval, should be fun :)

Hawka

Poor batting this morning in the shield haha
QLD 2/40
WA 4/40
Vic2/79 (thats not that bad :P )

Gigantor

Looks like Turner will have to pick up where he left off last year, saving WA's arse after a top order collapse  ::)

Hawka

Quote from: Gigantor on February 01, 2017, 01:23:05 PM
Looks like Turner will have to pick up where he left off last year, saving WA's arse after a top order collapse  ::)
out now
i cursed him haha

PowerBug

They are using a duke now which might be making batting difficult. And the conditions in Adelaide are overcast so it's basically like being in England :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2017, 04:44:06 PM
They are using a duke now which might be making batting difficult. And the conditions in Adelaide are overcast so it's basically like being in England :P
Why the Duke?

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 01, 2017, 05:00:04 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2017, 04:44:06 PM
Why the Duke?
Because Crocket Australia thinks it'll make them better prepared for England tours. Even though theres plenty of reasons I can think of why it won't help at all.

Hawka

i have just seen a picture of the pitch in Adelaide
So greeen!

Jukes

Lmao @ being SO DESPERATE to beat England they resort to stuff like this (and will probably still get beat) ;D

PowerBug

Looking at the teams...
Who has Nathan Reardon rubbed the wrong way? He was a mainstay at number 5 in that Queensland side, but they seem to not want to play him at all. Also no Peter George?

How Ben Dunk has been dropped is crazy, yeah his Shield form hasn't been ideal but he's not exactly a bad player in the long form.

Kelvin Smith wasn't playing badly for SA, why change it up and go Raphael?

No Chris Tremain for VIC? Form has been exceptional so he must be injured.

And despite being in Australia's top 6 batsmen not long ago Nic Maddinson finds himself out of the NSW batting lineup ;D

JBs-Hawks

How good was that nut from Neser!

Ringo

Gee those Duke balls really swing a lot more than the Kookaburras.  Most batsmen except Burns and Hartley seemed to have trouble with it.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on February 02, 2017, 10:47:25 PM
Gee those Duke balls really swing a lot more than the Kookaburras.  Most batsmen except Burns and Hartley seemed to have trouble with it.
If the conditions are right yeah it'll go. I'll be at Glenelg tomorrow to watch the SA game to see exactly how much.

Chadd Sayers this season:
38 wickets @ 17.34
245 overs, 68 maidens (So roughly every 4th over is a maiden)
As such economy is 2.68
Strike Rate of 38.6 (Wicket every 6 overs)
4 5WI and 1 10WM (Both those increase if he takes one wicket tomorrow)

So with one more wicket, in 12 bowling innings he will have taken 5 wickets+ in 5 innings. Some effort.
If only he played for NSW then Australia would have their 3rd seamer spot sewn up.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2017, 09:48:40 PM
How good was that nut from Neser!
I recommend everyone watch this ball, look at it hoop!