Top 10 mids

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Gavdroid on February 22, 2020, 05:09:20 PM
So it looks like GWS planning to use Coniglio 50/50ish fwd/mid. Does that rule him out as a midfield pick?

Yeah I read that article too - rules him out for mine

Leon says 50/50 or 60/40 mid/fwd, so he's a clear pass for now

tommy10

Quote from: Gavdroid on February 22, 2020, 05:09:20 PM
So it looks like GWS planning to use Coniglio 50/50ish fwd/mid. Does that rule him out as a midfield pick?
Will need to see for sure but yeah unfortunately I have to rule him out. Not going near a premo mid like that knowing he’s going to spend half the time forward.

Mat0369

Cogs was probably a pass even before that news. He has a big ceiling but I think he was the biggest beneficiary of Kelly being out.

That article also said Greene will be a permanent forward. That sees his numbers dip from the huge tons every other week. He will still be a top 10 forward pending how many brain fades he has.

Woppa15

TK is the hot topic out west but could it be Shuey who benefits most from his arrival? There’s potential for less attention on Shuey, we’ve seen TK can get tagged out of games. Shuey has never taken that step to be a 110+ player. He can certainly score in the 120-130+ range but does seem to have a very low floor with plenty of sub 70 scores, is this just his natural fluctuation or is this due to the tag? Being Vic based we don’t get to see a lot of WCE games.

While writing this I was also thinking should he get there who would he replace of the previous years top 10 but I can’t see him scoring any better than them.

Mat0369

Yeo or Gaff are the two I'd think about of the Eagles mids. Gaff has gone 108 and 107 the last two years drawing attention. Yeo has gone 107 and 107 and also drawn a bit. Both could increase 5 or so points per game which puts them in contention for M8

eaglesman

Anyone like boak? He’s been one of my if I get some stones I’ll pick him.

Just went macrae to boak and a few more cash grabs to go brander to milera.

jvalles69

QuoteJust went macrae to boak

That is season suicide if ever I saw it...

Ringo

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 28, 2020, 12:23:39 PM

Agree - Unless you already had Oliver feel he is the better pick than Boak at only 11k more

IntegralX

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 28, 2020, 02:09:35 AM
Yeo or Gaff are the two I'd think about of the Eagles mids. Gaff has gone 108 and 107 the last two years drawing attention. Yeo has gone 107 and 107 and also drawn a bit. Both could increase 5 or so points per game which puts them in contention for M8

I'm extremely high on Gaff and think he'll be the pick of the sub-600k mids...should be the biggest benefactor from TK's arrival. I don't think I have the stones to start him though...

enzedder

Quote from: Ringo on February 28, 2020, 12:33:14 PM

Agree - Unless you already had Oliver feel he is the better pick than Boak at only 11k more
In terms of value nothing is lost. Use the dollars wisely and it may prove to be a good call.
Boak isn't that bad a pick.

The players just under 600k will likely be on the door of the top 10 again in 2020. Oliver looks the best of them. Then maybe Zerrett IMO but Boak, Yeo, Gaff and Zorko will probably be good M8s and PODs.

eaglesman

Quote from: enzedder on February 28, 2020, 01:08:40 PM

In terms of value nothing is lost. Use the dollars wisely and it may prove to be a good call.

The players just under 600k will likely be on the door of the top 10 again in 2020. Oliver looks the best of them. Then maybe Zerrett IMO but Boak, Yeo, Gaff and Zorko will probably be good M8s and PODs.

Would I rather macrae 100% yes ... there is $80k that gets me with a few other moves brander to a potential keeper in Milera.

Ridiculously stupid comment to say it’s suicide

jvalles69

Quote from: eaglesman on February 28, 2020, 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: enzedder on February 28, 2020, 01:08:40 PM

Would I rather macrae 100% yes ... there is $80k that gets me with a few other moves brander to a potential keeper in Milera.

Ridiculously stupid comment to say it’s suicide

I just don't see Boak being top 10 so that's another trade, I'd rather my starting premos all had a chance of being top 10, if you think Boak can be top 10, then good luck to you, I'd definitely lock him if he was still a forward, but not sure I can trust Port.  Then if you get Milera with the extra cash and he isn't a top 8 defender you're either stuck with him or have to burn another trade.  Boak & Milera his a high level of risk vs Macrae & Brander/Rook.  I reckon Macrae will be a top 3 mid this year, and his start to the season is very nice, he may become unattainable later on, but if you're right about Boak, it would be easier to bring him in as an upgrade target.

Mahogany

Taranto out until at least the end of the bye rounds. Does this make Cogs and even Whitfield more attractive?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mahogany on March 03, 2020, 11:53:03 AM
Taranto out until at least the end of the bye rounds. Does this make Cogs and even Whitfield more attractive?

Will be very keen to see who plays where in their next Marsh match

tommy10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 03, 2020, 12:07:30 PM
Quote from: Mahogany on March 03, 2020, 11:53:03 AM

Will be very keen to see who plays where in their next Marsh match
Will definitely be keeping an eye on both, but mainly keen on Whitfield now with my mid premos almost set. Fwd line is the biggest headache this year...