Top 10 mids

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

More importantly, top 5 mids?

A guy with the 12th best average (say 107 who plays 22) is as good as the 7th best 111 who plays 20 so they're much of a muchness.

But who are the elite, the ones will crush you for not having them? The 115-130 lads?

Big Mac

Bont
Macrae
Dunkley
Wallis
Libba

RaisyDaisy

In no particular order

Macrae
Neale
Cripps
Fyfe
Kelly
Danger
Titch
Dunkley
Bont
Clarry
Treloar

That's 11

As you can see, I can't see too much changing from this year to next in terms avg

Conigs, Sloane and Zerrett would be the 3 cheaper guys I like as I think they're all capable of pushing 110 which sees them priced cheaply

meow meow

meow meow

Dunkley

Average without Libba: 139.75
Average with Libba: 103

The first 6 matches spent playing forward (85 average) might be taken into consideration. If we remove them we can see that Dunkley averaged 116 from round 6 onwards while playing with Liberatore in the team, which is still quite excellent

Libba rounds 1-6: 104 average
Libba round 7 onwards: 67.5

Gotta keep an eye on Tom in preseason. If he is looking good then he might regain some of his midfield minutes, maybe at the expense of Dunkley. It was his first season back after an ACL after all, and with a full preseason into him he might be better in 2020.

dmac07

Top 10 -  Going for average, can use chance of missing games to split them.

Locks

Cripps
Neale
Fyfe

Probable
Macrae
Bont
Danger
J.Kelly

Possible
Mitchell
Dunkley
Treloar
Oliver
Zorko
Merrett
Yeo
Gaff
T.Kelly
Taranto
Coniglio
Sloane
Shuey

WC Mids - Will wait and see the scoring distribution between Shuey/Gaff/Yeo/Kelly
GWS - Mids - Will ward coming back have an effect?
WB Mids - Distribution between Bont/Macrae/Dunkley/Hunter, more games/mid time from Libba?
Mitchell - Will he dominate from day one or take 5-10 games to get going?

I'll look to start as many as I can from the top two groups, and wait and see from the bottom group as my upgrade targets.

GoLions

Duncan a chance with TK gone i reckon. Cunnington maybe a chance as well.

meow meow

Duncan recently had hip surgery, and he's got a new baby in the house to flower up his sleeping patterns. I wouldn't be confident.

M. Crouch under a new coach could get back to his best.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GoLions on January 02, 2020, 11:40:56 PM
Duncan a chance with TK gone i reckon. Cunnington maybe a chance as well.

Get your Cape Town goggles off Davos  :P

RaisyDaisy

As for Matt Crouch, I'm not sure how a new coach changes anything - it's not like Pyke held him back

Other than the back half of 2017, he seems like a 105 guy at best and I can't see that changing, especially if half of his stats continue to be dinky sideway handballs that don't score much

Sloane dog millionaire is the only Crow mid I'd consider, but I can't see myself starting any Crow mid this year - seems to be better/safer options elsewhere

SilverLion

I'd be surprised if all these guys aren't in the top 10 barring injury:

Macrae
Danger
Fyfe
Mitchell
Neale
Oliver
Cripps

Then the other 3 could be any of Treloar, Kellyx2, Bont, Cogs, Dunkley etc.

cortez

The human meatball might be a chance

Woppa15

Will Ellis-Yolmen sedition have an effect in Neale? Are we expecting him to be that big bodied bull type player and take a bit of pressure off of Neale to be in and under.....?

IntegralX

What do people think of Gaff? I know a lot of people here think TK is the eagles mid to own, but Gaff might benefit massively from his presence. He won’t cop another tag, and he’s got one more guy to feed it out to him. 108 and 107 past 2 seasons...

jvalles69

Quote from: Woppa15 on January 27, 2020, 01:51:49 PM
Will Ellis-Yolmen sedition have an effect in Neale? Are we expecting him to be that big bodied bull type player and take a bit of pressure off of Neale to be in and under.....?

Tough to know, Neale is a contested possession beast, so was Fyfe, Neale was good at Freo, but went up another level when he moved to the Lions as they didn't have anyone who's ever had high contested possessions.  CEY has a pretty high contested possessions count/average when he gets to run through the middle.  What does this mean?  I think I've convinced myself that Neale might drop a little...  ???