AXVS: RULES DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by BB67th, August 31, 2014, 01:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Please post here any rules that you would like to see changed, abolished or added for the 2015 season.

This thread will be open for a while, before any appropriate suggestions are voted on by all coaches.

Nails

Hong Kong Dongs get 20% points bonus each round

Jroo

Nige

Yeah, some kind of sub rule is needed.

I also wouldn't mind the HGA being counted like it is in the other XVs comps, but I'm more than likely alone or in the minority there.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: NigeyS on August 31, 2014, 03:13:28 PM

I also wouldn't mind the HGA being counted like it is in the other XVs comps, but I'm more than likely alone or in the minority there.

Agreed on the sub rule.

We have HGA already in this comp Nigey?

Nige

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 31, 2014, 05:05:52 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 31, 2014, 03:13:28 PM

Agreed on the sub rule.

We have HGA already in this comp Nigey?
I know we do, I said I wanted it to be counted like it is in other XVs which is double the lowest player's score, rather than 3% of the team total or whatever it is.

Ricochet

I like the HGA as is (sorry Nige). In real life, the whole team should get a lift from the crowd, and its good to have some differences from the other XVs comps.

Wasn't there talk the sub is getting scrapped in the AFL next year??

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 10:47:25 AM
Wasn't there talk the sub is getting scrapped in the AFL next year??
I heard that at one stage, but I'm pretty sure Gil confirmed no changes to the sub rule or interchange cap.

Adamant

Injuries and players getting subbed/starting as the sub are all part of the game, no sub rule imo.

Ricochet

Can we look at the Rookie List Upgrades rule. Clubs should be able to upgrade rookies when players get delisted mid year imo. Like Garlett for example

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 12:33:52 PM
Can we look at the Rookie List Upgrades rule. Clubs should be able to upgrade rookies when players get delisted mid year imo. Like Garlett for example

Yes I agree on this as well. And when guys retire like Mitch Clark, Darren Glass etc.

BB67th

I'm planning to send out a pm to all coaches tomorrow on rule changes.

So if you've got any more that haven't been mentioned yet, now would be the time to do so!

Memphistopheles

I'd mention the OOP ruck rule again I suggested for World but pretty sure it will get shut down again.

BB67th

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 18, 2014, 03:49:29 PM
I'd mention the OOP ruck rule again I suggested for World but pretty sure it will get shut down again.
What's the rule?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: BB67th on September 18, 2014, 03:50:25 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 18, 2014, 03:49:29 PM
What's the rule?

This is the post I made in Worlds. Basically it means teams without a ruck who are forced to play someone OOP aren't penalised as much IF they play a taller guy in the ruck as AFL teams would do if they are short (Daniher/Carlisle/Dawson are recent examples I can think of).

Just a thought on the OOP ruck.

I don't mind getting 50% for OOP def/mid/fwd as there are lot of these players and in theory teams should have enough depth to avoid OOP.

However, given how limited the number of rucks who actually play are the 50% score rule for an OOP ruck is a bit harsh/could be improved in my opinion.

In real life if a team has lost their ruckman they use their next tallest guy/most agile and sometimes they are quite useful.

Could we adapt this for Worlds with a new rule?

I'd suggest that the OOP ruck score would be weighted something like this. They get a certain % of their score which is higher the taller the OOP listed player is.

How about the standard 50% weighting plus and extra 3% per cm the player is above 190?

Here's a practical example with a few players, using the Bombers as an example (ignore the actual players I've just picked guys who are different heights).

OOP Ruck

Joe Daniher - (201cm). As Daniher is 11cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(11*3=33). Which = 83%

Cale Hooker - (197cm). As Hooker is 7cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(7*3=21). Which = 71%

Patrick Ambrose - (191cm). Ambrose is 1cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% +(1*3). Which = 53%

So then say Daniher, Hooker and Ambrose all score an even 100 points in SC in real life then as an OOP ruck Daniher scores 83 points, Hooker scores 71 points and Ambrose scores 53 points.

I don't think the rule would be difficult to police/score as most likely teams wouldn't use an OOP ruck because there still is a penalty. Daniher is close to the tallest OOP ruck option you could have had this season (in fact I think he is).