Main Menu

Another wasted season

Started by MarkPlow, September 29, 2012, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Some people are way off the mark with there comments.
It was a 50/50 game, Hawthorn lost by 10 points its not like they were blown away. It could have gone either way.
When hawthorn lost to the pies in the prelim last year people are quick to forget that it would have been an upset for the hawks to win that, collongwood were the best side all year and only lost to geelong.

The non victiorian vs victorian side thing is just rubbish. There is no home ground advantage on grand final day its a 50/50 game played infront of baisically an even amount of supporters and a stat like non victorian clubs winning 8 out of 11 is completly irrelevant.

Hawthorn are a more than capable side they were just beaten on the day, there had to be a winner and a loser

blue

Quote from: MarkPlow on September 29, 2012, 08:50:55 PM
Subject title says it all. Don't get why we always choke in the big games and cant hold a flowering lead
its a little like the cats in 2008

henry

I just wonder if we had the extra day and played on Friday like we should have if we could have ran out game better. 2 goals up early in the last, maybe it could have been different. Extremely disappointed, too many underperformers. Hodge looked like he missed too many weeks, Birch/Suck were pretty much shut down, roughead, young,  cyril poor and buddy's kicking awful. In the end it was inaccuracy that hurt us most. I thought Bruest and Schoenmakers were two shining lights (and obviously Sewell was outstanding all day). They are two young kids and showed promise by playing well (Bruest in particular) on the most intense stage. We look forward to next year.

ossie85

Serious questions, where will Alistair Clarkson need to finish to keep his job next year?

I think he should he keep his job regardless, but reckon the Hawk faithful will call for his head if they finish less than 4th, or even miss out on the Granny.

JBs-Hawks

Hawka

Quote from: ossie85 on October 26, 2012, 02:49:19 PM

Serious questions, where will Alistair Clarkson need to finish to keep his job next year?

I think he should he keep his job regardless, but reckon the Hawk faithful will call for his head if they finish less than 4th, or even miss out on the Granny.
No matter where we finish he stays next year
Fantastic coach , players and fans love him

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Hawka on October 26, 2012, 08:04:14 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 26, 2012, 02:49:19 PM

No matter where we finish he stays next year
Fantastic coach , players and fans love him

I'm sure that's what they said to Brett Ratten