Supercoach Player Scores

Started by zoomba23, June 13, 2016, 03:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoomba23

It seems that the Supercoach system of player scores is completely arbitrary. For instance, I've got Zach Merrett, and a few weeks back he got 71 Supercoach points from 30 disposals and 6 tackles. Then a week later, from 7 more disposals and one more tackle he got 128 Supercoach points, 57 more, which seems really weird to me. Often I'll have players that get 100 or so Fantasy points, and only 80 Supercoach points, and vice versa. I've worked out the Fantasy system. It's 3 points for a kick, 2 for a handball, 6 for a goal, 4 for a tackle, 1 for a hitout and so on. Is there an actual system to players' Supercoach points?

kilbluff1985

lots of things matter like disposal efficiency and contested possessions and if the touches were meaningful to the game

GoLions

Points are rewarded (and also taken away) for various things. For example, if Dane Swan kicks it to the other team, it'll be counted as a clanger, and he'll lose points. However, he'll still get the 3 points in DT/AF.

Then, if the GOAT himself, Tom Rockliff, takes a contested grab in the Lions forward line, and slots the goal, he'll get 3 points for a mark, 3 points for the kick, and 6 points for the goal in DT/AF, totalling 12 points. However, in SC, he'll get more than 3 for his mark as it was contested (and I believe an extra point inside forward or defensive 50), and SC awards 8 points for a goal as well. So he'll get around 18 points.

Here is the SC scoring system as shown on the website, but do note that there are other things which factor into SC scores:

Ringo

This raises itself each year and there are some 200 items that CD factor in when working out SC scores. Frustrating when looking at certain players with discrepancies  between AF and SC. Some players are better suited to SC scoring Rance is a typical example he usually has a lot higher SC score than AF. SC really punishes clangers and ineffective kicks and disposal efficiency and those stats usually account for the difference. Even from week to week.

So whilst it may sound as though SC is a lottery a lot of factors go into deciding with the biggest issue most cases being scaling at the end of the game. Just wish there was more transparency in this area.

We just have to live with it though, 

The_Captain

If your name is dangerfield, fyfe, ablett, pendlebury you automatically get 50 points added to your score. Even if you spray the ball 50% of the time for the game. Thats why you gotta start these players because they get good scores every week because the guys at SC tug em selves to these blokes every week!