Main Menu

The Recruit

Started by Jroo, July 16, 2014, 07:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Ffs Jackson. Really wanted to see Jack go through, he's been elite from the start and was crucified after a quietish game. In terms of running he was still right up there. He's so stiff.

We've seen enough from Daniel to know he can do amazing stuff onfield but he's a dickhead. If a team wants to take that on they can. Jack needed to go through and be presented to the AFL clubs more imo.

I thought Jordy was harshly dealt with by Lee too haha. He wasn't being defensive he was just answering her question, and I don't think she has the football background to be telling him he had a stinker haha

RaisyDaisy

Yeah Jack was stiff to go, but that was a nice move by Jackson

Feel like the final 3 will be Jackson, Daniel and Matt

Jayden will cop the "age" factor and Jordan looks like a footballer, but doesn't have as much talent as the others

They go to draft night (Final 3) presenting clubs with a midfielder, a lively forward and a ruck

Agree with you Ele - Daniel is too childish and clearly couldn't live the life of an AFL footballer 24/7, but Mick seems to have a hard on for him

I reckon Matt is a near lock to get picked up by a club regardless if he wins. If Padraig Lucey is still on Geelong's list, then Matt HAS to get drafted

elephants

Yeah agree mate, Jayden will definitely get the age factor rightly or wrongly. From the snippets of his gameplay/running style he reminds me of JPK haha. Seems like an absolutely amazing bloke too btw

And I agree on your final 3, Jackson has made so much progress on the show so thats massive.

How tall is Matt? He's 198ish isn't he? Not really tall enough to be an AFL ruckman?

I also think someone's list manager will share Mick's boner for Daniel and he'll get picked

Gandalf123

Yeah think it's jaydens hunchback that is JPK like too! Haha.
Think Daniel and matt have both played a few games for Nth Ballarat in the vfl this year and saw Jack just won the league bnf for Sydney's premier afl league

elephants

Quote from: Gandalf123 on September 14, 2016, 01:21:27 PM
Yeah think it's jaydens hunchback that is JPK like too! Haha.
Think Daniel and matt have both played a few games for Nth Ballarat in the vfl this year and saw Jack just won the league bnf for Sydney's premier afl league

Definitely the hunchback haha!

Will be interesting to see how far these boys go, and even if others like Justin get contracts somewhere. Apparently this years crop is much more talented than the previous crop and they had Wagner/Lucey both get drafted.

The show really needs someone to put together a career to be taken seriously imo.

RaisyDaisy

This years group is easily better than season 1

I'm really curious to see how many teams actually "flick on their light" to want the winner

Big Mac

Did not expect Jordan to go through over Jackson

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 14, 2016, 11:31:17 PM

The only logical explanation is that midfielders are a dime a dozen, where as the 3 who went through offer something that isn't as readily available

Hellopplz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2016, 05:44:49 PM
Agree with you Ele - Daniel is too childish and clearly couldn't live the life of an AFL footballer 24/7, but Mick seems to have a hard on for him
My query on him as well, from the show they really highlighted how his off-field behaviour and especially diet is not up to scratch even when being confronted with it. They always harp on about his talent, but reckon not being disciplined to be a high level athlete will probably stop him from winning it.

Thought Jackson was a shoe in for top 3 for the past few weeks, so a surprise that Jordan came back into calculations :o. Still reckon Matt has it, otherwise he'll still get picked up due to his size.

Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 01:27:39 PM
The show really needs someone to put together a career to be taken seriously imo.
Yep, especially after Wagner was delisted after 1 season, they need the recruit to perform well next season where-ever they go.

Adamant

Stoked to see my boy Jordy get through! Thought he was gone when it came down to him and Jackson for that final spot. :-X

Matt would be my pick from here, but I tend to agree with ele that at 199cm he's at an awkward height for an AFL ruckman. Looks to be quite agile though so mabye he makes up for it with his work around the ground.

Feel like Jordan has a lot to offer given his versatility and endurance, but seems to be some question marks over his disposal.

Daniel probably the most talented, but I don't think he can cut it as an AFL footballer due to his off-field behaviour.

This is an interesting read: http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/how-the-recruits-rated/

^ Everyone was raving about Jackson and he looked to be firming as the favourite after the past few weeks so interesting that he didn't make the final three. Perhaps it was just a case of him not having any outstanding traits and just being workmanlike, in other words VFL quality only.

elephants

Neither, especially after the pump the coaches had given Jacko. Shame, but he'll get a VFL gig now I'm sure.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 14, 2016, 11:42:59 PM

The only logical explanation is that midfielders are a dime a dozen, where as the 3 who went through offer something that isn't as readily available

And yep agreed mate, good call. So many mids out there, all three of the boys that got through offer something special. I think Jordy could get found out if his kicking isn't up to scratch as AFL is a whole new pressure level to country stuff. In fairness to him though he's a pretty phenomenal athlete.

Overall probably the fair call was made. Jackson and Jack were both unlucky but thats how AFL is I guess.

I reckon Matt needs to develop is forward game because that's where he will have an impact at AFL level imo.

Also I was sad to see Jayden go. I know he was never going to win due to age and he was the token delist today but man he seemed to me like the best bloke ever, the kind of guy you'd love to have as a mate. Interesting to see he played juniors with Tony Armstrong too!

Bill Manspeaker

what happens if no club wants the player?

doubt that'll happen but I wonder what they'd do

"...uh... well.. bad luck guys... and uh.. guess we'll see you all for season 3. goodnight"

cuts to black

Bill Manspeaker

also, go Daniel

reckon Matty probably wins though

RaisyDaisy

Jordan out first was expected

Genuine coin toss now. Will come down to whether the clubs see more value in a ruck or a livewire mid/fwd

Whoever loses out of these two has a good chance to get picked up later I reckon

Bill Manspeaker