Main Menu

The Recruit

Started by Jroo, July 16, 2014, 07:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Well, this starts tonight so I thought I'd create a thread, so we have somewhere to discuss it.

For those that haven't heard about it, here's what m0nty had to say about it:

Out there, playing somewhere in Australia right now, is a weekend warrior the AFL recruiters have either never seen or missed, a man dreaming of an AFL career. He is 'The Recruit' and he will win arguably the biggest prize ever given away on a TV show - a guaranteed place at an AFL club.

THE RECRUIT is a reality football entertainment series that will follow 12 'Recruits' who will live and play together as a team, while at the same time competing against each other, in order to win this life-changing prize.

Fitzy and Vossy will be putting the 12 Recruits through their paces, both physically and mentally, in order to discover a player who is truly worthy of a place on an AFL team.

The series will culminate in a live finale in which an unprecedented AFL Draft will be held, with the winner signing a contract with one AFL club.

The 10-part series will air on FOX8 from Wednesday, July 16, at 7.30pm with an encore screening on FOX FOOTY the following Wednesday at 5.30pm.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/blog/2014/07/02/the-recruit-2014/

Big Mac

Was pretty good I thought. Pretty brutal selection process but I get that they don't have time to flower around. Will be interesting to see what Burgess and co. can do with them

LF

Yeah I thought it was pretty good.
Very harsh selection and I kind of felt sorry for some of the guys but they just weren`t good enough to get through.
Some of the players they selected looked pretty good.

kilbluff1985

yeah was better then i expected

SydneyRox

enjoyed it. Yeah that run with the brick was hard core!!

You could tell pretty easy who was/wasnt going to make it.

There is probably a market on the winner? cant remember his name now, will post later.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 17, 2014, 05:34:32 AM
yeah was better then i expected

yeah agreed. when it came down to the last 2 blokes (whose names I can't rememver) I knew both would go through

ADEZ

Better than I had expected

Liked "The Jackel", Kane Mitchell 2.0?

quinny88

Quote from: ADEZ on July 17, 2014, 10:53:39 PM

Won't make it, looked a bit slow and like he butchered the ball a bit.

My money's on that Wagner bloke that played up forward or the big blonde volleyballer that played in the ruck

ADEZ

Quote from: quinny88 on July 17, 2014, 10:57:41 PM

My money's on that Wagner bloke that played up forward or the big blonde volleyballer that played in the ruck

Yeah he performed well in that trial, kicked 8 didn't he?
Will be keen to see their performances individually...
Really disliked the arrogance of Johncock and Sammel though

quinny88

Quote from: ADEZ on July 17, 2014, 11:11:10 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on July 17, 2014, 10:57:41 PM

Yeah he performed well in that trial, kicked 8 didn't he?
Will be keen to see their performances individually...
Really disliked the arrogance of Johncock and Sammel though

Yeah looks like an AFL player. Can see him going far.
The blondey has only played like a handful of games and dominated the ruck.

Were johncock and sammel the last 2 that got through? Both tossers if it was them

Bill Manspeaker

haha I liked Johncock. had a bit of cow about him. the hard work will hopefully drop his cockiness but still maintain the confidence in himself

plus I think he said he's a St Kilda supporter, so good on him :P

quinny88

Quote from: brad on July 17, 2014, 11:55:10 PM
haha I liked Johncock. had a bit of cow about him. the hard work will hopefully drop his cockiness but still maintain the confidence in himself

plus I think he said he's a St Kilda supporter, so good on him :P

He was bloody fit but a bit wanky saying it was easy lol he was clearly knackered at the end of it

valkorum

I am not a reality tv fan but it was actually really good.  Looking forward to watching it each week.

kilbluff1985

thought Waylen was going for sure

it's really interesting to see how tough it is in a new culture for him kind of sheds some light on the Garlett case

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 24, 2014, 03:13:04 AM
thought Waylen was going for sure

it's really interesting to see how tough it is in a new culture for him kind of sheds some light on the Garlett case

Was thinking the same thing. A lot of the indigenous boys that have to move away from home struggle and I always thought they were just being a bit sooky but you really get an idea of how hard it is for them