America's DT: Priority Picks

Started by LF, March 17, 2016, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

How this would work is a team that wins 3 games or less over the season would gain an extra first round National Draft pick at the end of the first round so it would be pick 13 for us.

We can have it set so that priority picks can't be traded or that they can be traded which ever options coaches think is better

The possibly of tanking for picks did come up,we can't see that the coaches in this comp would do something like this but we will be making sure that will not happen and there will be dire consequences if any coach is caught doing this.
Having said that I personally am only aware of it happening in one comp previously and the coach involved was sacked from the team.

It's pretty straight forward really and open for discussion

T Dog

Nice idea.
I would vote for a tradeable pick.
If more than one team with under 3 wins would still be a goer for both ? ( I am looking you .... and ... )  :D

LF

Yep so if more than one team qualifies for a priority pick,then it would be a pick each in their draft order

Grannyboy

You are going to reward teams for losing?? WTF?? We all saw how well that worked in the AFL, brilliant idea! (By the way that's sarcasm, it's the most idiotic idea I have heard from you two yet.)

kilbluff1985

other comps do it and it's not idiotic no need to be rude

it's not rewarding teams for losing it's to help keep the competition even

could just say you don't like it instead of being rude to admins  ::)

SydneyRox

was it that far out of balance last year?

i am not sure i like a strict, only win X games rule, allows for manipulation and doesnt include long term injuries, or this year essendon players missing

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Grannyboy on March 19, 2016, 12:45:29 AM
You are going to reward teams for losing?? WTF?? We all saw how well that worked in the AFL, brilliant idea! (By the way that's sarcasm, it's the most idiotic idea I have heard from you two yet.)

Are you all there in the head? Or are you going to complain about every single flowering thing that is suggested to change the comp. Like far out. The most idiotic thing around here is clearly you. Atto and LF and doing a good job, but you're making it flowering impossible for them to move things along.

Priority picks can be very helpful to help even up a comp (Americas SC), it might not even apply this year, because every team SHOULD win 3 games, well maybe except for 1 team, who decided to trade absolutely nothing thinking he had an awesome enough side, which I can assure you, that person won't be touching anywhere near the top 8.

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 19, 2016, 02:15:14 AM

Are you all there in the head? Or are you going to complain about every single flowering thing that is suggested to change the comp. Like far out. The most idiotic thing around here is clearly you. Atto and LF and doing a good job, but you're making it flowering impossible for them to move things along.

Priority picks can be very helpful to help even up a comp (Americas SC), it might not even apply this year, because every team SHOULD win 3 games, well maybe except for 1 team, who decided to trade absolutely nothing thinking he had an awesome enough side, which I can assure you, that person won't be touching anywhere near the top 8.
This.

I mean, if you don't like what the admins are doing, you could always bully them out of their position and you try being admin yourself and trying to please everyone... oh wait. No need to be rude and personally attack them, simply saying you dislike it isn't hard.

I mean, if you're really upset with how the comp is being run, the door is always open!

R.Griffen

Like I'll use this for an example during the season my team was bad still had double the amount of wins to get a priority pick. GB had the team beat Calgary last year. If a team really is that far behind the rest they should get a priority pick

elephants

Grow up mate.

Yeah I'm for priority picks, but only if the admins (and others) can keep a real close eye on teams near the bottom who might be looking to tank it. Tanking is a disaster for comp integrity and is even more of a risk in a league like this than the AFL imo.

But it hasn't been an issue in other leagues and I'm sure it won't be in this one.

Happy for the to be priority picks and definitely think they should be tradeable.

LF

Quote from: elephants on March 20, 2016, 04:24:01 PM

Grow up mate.

Yeah I'm for priority picks, but only if the admins (and others) can keep a real close eye on teams near the bottom who might be looking to tank it. Tanking is a disaster for comp integrity and is even more of a risk in a league like this than the AFL imo.

But it hasn't been an issue in other leagues and I'm sure it won't be in this one.

Happy for the to be priority picks and definitely think they should be tradeable.

Yeah this was the main issue I raised with it but it is pretty easy I reckon to work out if someone is tanking using their team list,players scoring/avg and previous team posted.
The coaches in the comp are really good tho and most are in multiple comps and I've never seen any of them do anything before that would cause an issues in this regards.