My team? Rate please?

Started by _wato, July 08, 2013, 06:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Heppell, Hanley, Goodes (Staker, Clisby)
Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Dangerfield, Selwood, Kennedy, Swallow, Priddis (T Mitchell, Hrovat)
Rucks: Goldstein, Maric (Nicholls, Currie)
Fwds: Cox, Bartel, Martin, Walker, Rockilff, Franklin (B Kennedy, Oxley)

4 trades and $104,000.

My plan was to trade Staker by subbing Oxley back when he's maxed out to Pavlich, leaving me with about $10k of nothing at all.
Trade out Nicholls prior to finals, to Mcbean giving me DPP and then $270k to spend on last upgrades, or LTI's prior to that trade.
Griffen is my main target in the Mids, with Swallow or Priddis, likely to go.

So my final team hopefully is like this.
Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Heppell, Hanley, Goodes (Oxley, Clisby)
Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Dangerfield, Selwood, Kennedy, Griffen, Priddis (T Mitchell, Hrovat)
Rucks: Goldstein, Maric (Mcbean, Currie)
Fwds: Cox, Bartel, Martin, Walker, Rockilff, Pavlich (Franklin, B Kennedy)

Thoughts, or better trades?

Vinny

Very sound team Wato !

The plan looks good too.

Pavlich will be nice POD as many are too worried to go near him.

Swallow is good to go for Griffen come finals. Priddis is too good to trade out with his consistency and occasional 120+

You should come home strong mate ! Good luck :)

_wato

Quote from: vinny on July 08, 2013, 06:54:33 PM
Very sound team Wato !

The plan looks good too.

Pavlich will be nice POD as many are too worried to go near him.

Swallow is good to go for Griffen come finals. Priddis is too good to trade out with his consistency and occasional 120+

You should come home strong mate ! Good luck :)

Didn't see this until now! Cheers mate, cheer for you!

Ill monitor him then pull the pin prior to Round 18 I think. If he isn't looking the goods then ill leave Staker as bench cover.

Hoping the Swallow to Griff trade pays off for finals, as I'm headed for minor premier in 4 of my leagues and about 4th in another, and he'll be a huge point of difference comparing him to other teams.

Thanks mate! :)

Vinny

Haha no worries ! Sounds good mate.

tor01doc

However did you get that good a team with so many trades left?

I would look at Swallow to Griffen.

Also SJ is a definite SC must have.

Just imagine the reaction if you'd proposed Buddy @ F7 at the start of the year!!

I would have called you an idiot!!

So SJ and Griffen.

_wato

Quote from: tor01doc on July 09, 2013, 10:39:09 PM
However did you get that good a team with so many trades left?

I would look at Swallow to Griffen.

Also SJ is a definite SC must have.

Just imagine the reaction if you'd proposed Buddy @ F7 at the start of the year!!

I would have called you an idiot!!

So SJ and Griffen.

Hahaha, I didn't think I was doing so well with my team and trades compared to other people's teams! But thanks mate!

Yeah that's the upgrade I'm most working for. Will be my first upgrade after the downgrade of Nicholls. Griffffff, feel the love

Yeah I thought about SJ, but I'm not so sure! The only way I'd afford him would be to get rid of Buddy and keep Staker. Would that be any trouble? Will SJ outscore Pavlich over the course of the finals and last 6 weeks? Is he worth an extra $75-100k?

SJ - St Kilda (130), NM (120), PA (120), WCE (110), Sydney (100) and Brisbane (120) would be his expected output, id expect anything under.

V

Pav - Adel (110), Carlton (100), GWS (140), Melbourne (130), PA (110), St Kilda (110) would be his expected aswell, anything under also.

So I'd expect them to nearly score the same amount of total points, if Pav can stay fit. Pav being a POD and about 7$5-100k cheaper, with the better draw, which is why I'd go for him. Ill monitor him over the next few weeks though! He's got two weeks to sell himself to me!

Hahaha, true! Didn't start with Buddy though, knew this would happen. Tough start, form drop and hasn't been able to pick himself up again. He'll be back soon enough though, which is why I want him! Can loophole him with Oxley to get the maximum output!

But thanks mate, cheer for you!

Ringo

Nice Team Watto and can not fault plan. Only issue atm is the 4 trades if we get an LTI (I also have only 4 trades left). I will be watching Pav for the next couple of weeks as well as I am thinking of him for my final forward upgrade as well joining you in playing Buddy at F7 but I have had Buddy since round 1.

You have very solid bench cover on all lines as well. 

_wato

Quote from: Ringo on July 10, 2013, 08:27:41 AM
Nice Team Watto and can not fault plan. Only issue atm is the 4 trades if we get an LTI (I also have only 4 trades left). I will be watching Pav for the next couple of weeks as well as I am thinking of him for my final forward upgrade as well joining you in playing Buddy at F7 but I have had Buddy since round 1.

You have very solid bench cover on all lines as well. 

Thanks mate, I've had a good think about it! Whats your team like and rank? Just want to compare!
I'm hopeful for both of us that Pav can hit some good form as he'll be a huge POD. Think I may be able to afford SJ and Griff for Staker and Swallow but that means my last upgrade will be very much a sideways trade, if Pav doesn't look the goods. I don't want Cyril who will be a similar price, so if it turns bad, that'll be my only option.

Geez, that hurts having Budddy from Round 1.

Thankyou! I cheered you by the way mate, keep it up.

Any more advice?

Ringo

Thanks Wato - Here is the link to my team and diary which I update weekly.  Latest team is on the last page.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,69798.255.html

_wato

Okay so definitely off the Pav train now.. With Goodes going down I've had to change my plan also.
Griffen is still a target and I've chosen him over Barlow.

But.. This is where it could change again and I may need help from pointing me away from these trades.
Marc Murphy is definitely undervalued at $376k and with a pretty good draw and as a proven premium could he be worth a punt?

Was looking at upgrading Hrovat to him or downgrading Mitchell. Either way I'd have two trades and either $69k or $205k.

If I did the Hrovat upgrade my Mids would look like..

Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Dangerfield, JPK, Selwood, Priddis, M Murphy (Swallow, T Mitchell)

As Goodes is down I was looking at either Grimes or Duffield as cheaper options, and i really like the look of Grimes. He can average between 85-95 in the last 6 weeks, considering his draw and as he's in the guts can also go 120+.

Are these trades alright or is there anything better i can do? I have 4 trades and $105k before my proposed trades.

Team would look like this after the trades aswell..

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Heppell, Hanley, Grimes (Clisby, Oxley)
Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Danger, JPK, Selwood, Priddis, M Murphy (Swallow, T Mitchell)
Fwds: Cox, Bartel, Martin, Rockliff, Walker, Staker (Franklin, Bennedy)

Thoughts? Will cheer for your help..

Thankyou!

Vinny

Plan is good mate !

I think Murphy is a bargain at his price and can average 105-115 from here on. Will be a lock for me next year.

Grimes is also good value and I'm bringing him in for Goodes too.

Hopefully for you Franklin plays so you don't cop Bennedy's score for Bartel.

4 trade and the team you've got is awesome :)

Good luck champ !

_wato

Cheers mate !

That's exactly the reason I've decided to pick him up. Has a fairly good draw to be honest as well! Gold Coast, Freo, Bulldogs, Richmond, Essendon and Port, so yes I think he can average 105-115 from here, especially as the last 4 years he's averaged over 110.

That's the only other issue.. If Franklin is out I'm flowered

Only 2 trades left mate, so I'm cutting it short  :-\

Thanks heaps mate, your advice is always good. Cheered you!

Vinny

No worries mate !

Yeah Buddy is in the frame to play according to AFL.com.au but they say that about lots of players.

I myself copped donuts for StevieJ and Buddy last week but I'm not fussed as overall is out of reach.

It has been since Rd1 and I've been versing bottom teams and will be until finals.

So I've got a sweeeeet draw too ;)

_wato

Thought I'd just update this instead of posting again.. Not exactly the team I had in mind, but it's still decent.

Wondering what you boys think and what loophole options I should choose?

Def: Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Hanley, Grimes, Staker (Heppell, Clisby)
Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Swan, Dangerfield, Griffen, JPK, Stevie J (M Murphy, Hrovat)
Fwds: Walker, Bartel, Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Franklin (Kennedy, Oxley)

Have the Fwd/Mid dpp that I'd like to use, and captain choices? Not really in the mood for looking too far into it, so will cheer anyone who can help me. Cheers lads

Made it into 4 finals, 1 cash league

tor01doc

Certainly could start Buddy on the bench with an E. If he stinks it up, then you have SJ on at F6 and Murphy M8 (via Bennedy DPP)

I can't see too many other options worth looking at to be honest. Start JPK - he seems to love rubbing Hawthorn's nose in it - prick.

Captain / VC - lots of options depending upon your favorites. Swan looks good. Ablett vs GWS.

Good luck.