what to do.. what to do..

Started by Bill Manspeaker, July 04, 2013, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

just a quick one guys, what should i do with Nicholls? i'm gonna need the cash so i thought of trading him to Grundy, but really not sure about his JS (even though he played really well in his first game)

that's about the only thing going through my brain. please help!

Ringo

Depending on cash required you could go Gorringe.

Bill Manspeaker

that's definitely an option, the only bad thing is the cash... instead of having $365,500 left i'd have about 280k, which isn't too bad I guess. i only need to make one more upgrade (TMitchell or Blicavs) so I should still be able to get someone decent.

do you know why Gorringe hasn't played since round 15?

Ringo

Emergence of Nicholls and Dixon back - Coast also used Jordan hall as well

Bill Manspeaker

Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Heppell, Ibbotson, Grimes  (Clisby, Thurlow)

Gablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Griffin, Cotchin, JPK, J.Selwood, M.Murphy  (T.Mitchell, Hrovat)

Minson, McEvoy  (Grundy, Currie)

Cox, Stevie J, Rockliff, Bartel, D.Martin, A.Walker  (Staker, Daniher)

3 trades and $122,200 remaining

alrighty so there's an update on my team, i'm in the prelim and i was feeling confident... but not so much now.

my opponent doesn't have either Heppell or Ibbotson, or even Hanley (at least he's named though)

so it looks like i'm gonna have to use 2 trades, and i was thinking;
Heppell -> R.Murphy
Ibbotson -> Birchall / H.Shaw

and there is the problem.... Murphy i'm happy with, but i can't decide out of Birchall or Shaw.. which one should i get?  :-\

i can afford Hibberd but it leaves me with only $1,800 left to use with my last trade

if I got Birchall or Shaw i'd probably be able to go McEvoy to Roughead next week if needed

what should i do?  :-\

any help is appreciated as always fellas
cheers

Ringo

I would look at Murphy and Birchill myself and possibly also consider Ellis with Tigers last games as well.

Bill Manspeaker

thanks mate, yeah i was leaning towards Birch, just hope like hell North or Sydney don't chuck a tag on him.

Bill Manspeaker

damn, lost by 9 points. trading Birchall in didn't really help, but Cotchin getting subbed was the full stop.

thanks for all your help fellas. bring on next year!

Mat0369

Bill Manspeaker

actually i think i remember reading Griffin was scaled down 9 points. so it was a draw before that, meaning i would have gone through as i was the higher placed team. sheeeet.