what to do.. what to do..

Started by Bill Manspeaker, July 04, 2013, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Hanley, Ibbotson, Hombsch  (Goodes, Thurlow)

Gablett, Pendlebury, Swan, JPK, Cotchin, J.Selwood, M.Murphy, T.Mitchell  (Blicavs, Hrovat)

McEvoy, Minson  (Nicholls, Currie)

Cox, NicNat, Bartel, D.Martin, Rockliff, Macaffer  (Staker, Daniher)

9 trades and $44,500 remaining

i'm really not sure what i should be doing this week, the players in bold are the one's i'm considering trading.. but obviously i can't trade them all

the trades i had in mind were;

OPTION 1:
Goodes -> Clisby
Blicavs -> Watson

now they're 2 risky trades. i'd like to trade Thurlow before Goodes, but to afford Watson i'd need to do this.

OPTION 2:
Goodes -> Clisby
Macaffer -> Stevie J

read above why I'll need to trade Goodes to complete the second trade. i know that Stevie J is out this week, but i'm willing to risk it. i should still win this week, but no biggie if i lose.

i like option 2 at the moment because like i said, i couldn't give a stuff if Stevie J is suspended.

BUT i would really like to hear some of your thoughts and would appreciate some help. is there something else i should be doing?

cheers

Mat0369

There are rumors circulating one of Cox or Nic Nat will be out this week, maybe take option 1 just for the coverage as it will be tougher to win this week if one of them is a late withdrawal.

Also Jobe has probably bottomed out, Stevie J might drop in price after a game or two making him more affordable.

Bill Manspeaker

thanks mate, yeah that was one thing i was thinking about re Watson bottomed out. i also had thought about Stevie's drop in price eventually, but my main problem is Macaffer.. i'm worried about him leaking cash and then finding it hard to fit Stevie in. is that much of a worry?

Mat0369

I am not sure of the B/E's of Caff and Blitz, but if you are worried about the cash swap, Mitchelll looks like he should be a pretty serviceable mid 8 over the next couple of weeks, especially playing the Dees this week, so maybe get Johnson in this week and Jobe in next week if you can

Bill Manspeaker

yeah i figure Mitchell should be okay at M8 for at least this week, so i'm gonna go ahead with getting Stevie in. I should be able to bring Watson in next week, leaving me with a completed side and 5 trades. maybe somewhete down the line i'll look at something like M.Murphy -> Griffen

something is bound to go wrong. Stevie injury at training next week anyone?

Bill Manspeaker

Mat0369

Yup, now who are you bringing in for the Blitz instead?

Bill Manspeaker

going by memory i think i'm about 20k short of Jack, so i might even leave Blitz another week or two and get rid of the sandwich bite himself "Hombsch". probably out of Enright or McKenzie.

dunno still early in the week, might come up with something else. i want to leave at least 4 trades for finals (only goin for league win) so i might even hold off the trades

Bill Manspeaker

hey just a quick one, i still have Hombsch in my team, should i offload him to Grimes this week and just pray he doesn't get injured, or do i wait and *hope* Heath Shaw has a shocker and is affordable in a single trade next week?

with $108,800 left, if I trade Hombsch it leaves me with $499,600.

Shaw is $526,400 and his BE is around 115 from memory.. so i'd really need him to have a shocker if I were to be able to pick him up next week with a straight trade.

or should I just grab Grimes this week before his probable price rise? we all know he can score well,  just a question about his fitness.

7 trades remaining.

cheers

Vinny

Hmm to be honest mate - I think Grimes is very good value !

Has shown his capable to score very well and his been injured for most of the season already.

Surely he can't get injured again :P

Mat0369

I would go Grimes and pray he stays healthy. The cash will be worth an extra trade later.

Bill Manspeaker

yeah i ended up going Grimes. I'm in the process of begging now

Bill Manspeaker

alrighty back again..

i really didn't wanna trade this week, but i have to get rid of NicNat now. i also have the 'Hanley problem'. BUT i'm really unsure if i should just keep him or not. i have sewn up a top 2 finish, even if i lose the last 2 weeks (which ain't likely)

but i've also toyed with this idea of trading him.

so the trades i came up with;
NicNat -> A.Walker
Hanley -> H.Shaw

they look like pretty sound trades to me..

the NicNat -> Walker trade is a definite.. but the Hanley -> Shaw trade is still up in the air. so again, i'm really not sure and would love some feedback and opinions on what to do!

cheers fellas

Ringo

Do you still have Goodes Brad or is he gone as well.

If you keep Hanley who would you be playing on the field?  If you can play someone for the next 2 weeks who will score 60+ points I would hold Hanley. See what shakes down because I think he will score just as well if not better than Shaw in Finals given Brisbanes draw.

Nat to Walker is sound.

Bill Manspeaker

nah don't have Goodes anymore, if i kept Hanley i'd have to field Clisby until Hanley is back, which isn't too bad considering i can't fall lower than second on the ladder.

i might just do that, as i wasn't to sure about trading him. just gotta pray he's back for finals!

thanks mate