Preparing for Finals.

Started by Vinny, June 11, 2013, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Trade Birch, I also have him but a PCL injury is 4-6 weeks maybe more. Hampson did his against the Pies last year around this time and was out for the season. You would expect the Hawks to ease him back. 

Vinny

Ouch ! That hurts. Who do you think are good options ?

Plus I'll hold the other trade for now as O'Meara is going to make money anyway.

Mat0369

Looking at the guys I am targeting, Houli, Malceski, Hanley, Trent McKenzie and a couple of others. You don't have Hibberd, he could be an option

Vinny

Alright after some playing around with trades and a little calculating, I have a rough trade plan. I know injuries and other issues may get in the way but if they don't here is the plan.

Rd 14-
Birchall > Ibbotson
Thurlow/Docherty  > Clisby ( Depends on who is named. )
$196,200 left

Rd 15-
O'Meara > Watson
Docherty > Hunter
$173,290 left

Rd 16-
Staker > Hanley
Martin > Murphy ( If his back or hold until he is or other cheap premo. )

This will leave me with-

5 Trades

D- Goddard Gibbs Ibbotson Hanley Goodes Wilson.                         Clisby Colq
M- Ablett Swan JPK Selwood Watson Cotchin Murphy Mitchell.        Hunter Hrovat
R- Cox Goldy.                                                                                      Nicholls, Witts.
F- StevieJ Naitanui Rockliff Franklin Zorko JJK.                                 Daniher Garner

Leaves me with Mitchell at M8 and Wilson who must be dealt with at D6.
Not the greatest team but the best I can probably do thanks to my stupid decisions at the start of the year.

Thoughts ? :)

Jackross10

Quote from: vinny on June 25, 2013, 08:00:51 PM
Alright after some playing around with trades and a little calculating, I have a rough trade plan. I know injuries and other issues may get in the way but if they don't here is the plan.

Rd 14-
Birchall > Ibbotson
Thurlow/Docherty  > Clisby ( Depends on who is named. )
$196,200 left

Rd 15-
O'Meara > Watson
Docherty > Hunter
$173,290 left

Rd 16-
Staker > Hanley
Martin > Murphy ( If his back or hold until he is or other cheap premo. )

This will leave me with-

5 Trades

D- Goddard Gibbs Ibbotson Hanley Goodes Wilson.                         Clisby Colq
M- Ablett Swan JPK Selwood Watson Cotchin Murphy Mitchell.        Hunter Hrovat
R- Cox Goldy.                                                                                      Nicholls, Witts.
F- StevieJ Naitanui Rockliff Franklin Zorko JJK.                                 Daniher Garner

Leaves me with Mitchell at M8 and Wilson who must be dealt with at D6.
Not the greatest team but the best I can probably do thanks to my stupid decisions at the start of the year.

Thoughts ? :)

Looks nice mate ! Murthy wil drop a lot which is good for you and I would go cannon over ibbo

Vinny

Thanks man ! Yeah been thinking bout Mckenzie. Could really fire for the rest of the season. Cheer for you.

tor01doc

Wait a week before you jump on Clisby.
Wait a while before you dump Thurlow.
Consider just Birchall for ??? this week. I'd look at Shaw as well. Or Ibbo.

The week after get the $96000 Clisby if named in for Docherty or Thurlow for a quick > $100000 cash injection.
By then O'Meara becomes Griffen. 8 trades left.

Hunter the week after for whoever has peaked to pocket cash again.

Then with last 7 trades look at 3 super cheapies like Grimley, Oxley, Frost, McBean etc etc etc or even a bubble boy by then to cash in guys like Nicholls, Martin, Daniher, Hrovat, Thurlow etc

And get 3 of Hanley, Pendles, Danger or Ibbo.

Leaves you one trade and one premium down in defence.

Vinny

Thanks heaps Doc ! Always handing out top advice. Cheer for you :)

Any other thoughts fellas ?

Would love some advice :)

Mat0369

I would be careful with Clisby. I would also give it a week. I also think there are cheaper potentially better options then Ibbotson around. I was considering him in my draft team after his first game back, went and had a look at his scores from years past and way to many sub 50 and even sub 40 scores for my liking. Considering he is also their best lock down small defender I wouldn't touch him

Vinny

Hmmm interesting ! Shall I go for the Cannon and pocket the extra 30k ?

Mat0369

Cannon is my pick of the bunch. Cannon, Heppell, Malceski, Houli are the top 4 that I don't have and I am considering. I will pass on anything Freo related in terms of SC, they generally find ways to burn people in the past. Defenders are a crapshoot this year, I would say that you at least get a decent score from Cannon this week. Adelaide were happy to let Lids run behind the ball free for a half, I can see Cannon doing the same. I am not sure how he will cope with a forward tag when it comes but Coast have a reasonably soft draw.

Vinny

Thanks mate ! Going with THE CANNON. Helps me get Pendles > Murphy too :)

Gave you a cheer. Other than that does the plan look decent ?

Jackross10

Vinny

Need some advice on what to do.

9 Trades  -  229k in the bank.

D- Goddard Gibbs Mckenzie Goodes Staker Clisby.      Wilson Docherty.
M- Ablett Swan JPK Cotchin Selwood O'Meara TMitchell KMart.    Hrovat Colq.
R- Cox Goldy.    Nicholls Witts.
F- NicNat StevieJ Rocky Zorko Franklin JJK.     Daniher Garner.

Was thinking-                                            Next week-
O'Meara > Watson.                                   Staker > Hanley
Docherty > Hunter ( If named. )

Thoughts ?

Vinny