Mat0369's team - Round 14

Started by Mat0369, March 20, 2013, 02:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So I had a terrible week this week. I ended up doing a Kommer>Mitchell and O'Meara>Swan after the Murphy injury. to try and get some points back.

I am sitting 773 behind first which is likely to be an insurmountable difference

My team after trading Murphy out for JPK

Caff, Rowe and Cachia out in the coming weeks for cash. If Docherty is dropped this week and Thurlow doesn't play I am in a bit of trouble. I am thinking of trading out Docherty for Oxley if he is dropped so I can swing Staker onto the field. Rowe to McBean or Cachia to Hrovat is the other. The week after Caff out to Daniher if named and then Stevens to Jobe.

I will wait until the teams are released before trying to figure out what the hell to do but these are some of my thoughts. Any suggestions?

kilbluff1985

i would Downgrade Macaffer to McBean now or whoever and upgrade Cachia then your teams done?

Mat0369

Pretty much to an extent. I could get someone like Selwood this week, but would I be better off waiting a week for Jobe? The other option is this, Selwood in this week, Stevens downgrade next week and upgrade Priddis>Jobe

Mat0369

So I am almost certain Docherty will be dropped, Bartel is likely to be a late withdrawal and Thurlow has been named on an extended bench. Stevens is also out this week with an injury. I have a few options I am considering now

Option 1:

Stevens>Hrovat/Hunter - I will wait on game day to see which of the two has been named sub and get the other in, if neither have been named the sub, I will get Hrovat in

Cachia>Selwood - This should give me 18 regardless and that means next week I do a double downgrade before picking up Jobe Watson the week after.

Option 2:

Stevens>Hrovat/Hunter

Docherty>Wilson - I won't be getting much cash and jumping on Wilson early, but it gives me the coverage I might need this week, would also mean I downgrade Caff next week and get Jobe in Round 13 for Cachia and it leaves me with a nice chunk of change

I was going for overall but I am sitting about 770 off points behind at the moment. If I was still chasing the overall I am wondering if I would get Selwood in.

My team round 13

Goddard, Gibbs, Hibberd, Birchall, Goodes, Vlastuin, Thurlow, Docherty
Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Griffen, JPK, Jack, Selwood, Priddis, Tom Mitchell, Hrovat/Hunter
Minson, Goldstein, Nicholls, Rowe
Cox, Nic Nat, Bartel, Stevie J, Rockliff, Buddy, Caff, Staker

then I would do the two downgrades of Docherty>Wilson/Clisby and Caff>Daniher

round 14 after option 1

Goddard, Gibbs, Hibberd, Birchall, Goodes, Vlastuin, Thurlow, Clisby/Wilson
Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Griffen, JPK, Jack, Selwood, Priddis, Tom Mitchell, Hrovat/Hunter
Cox, Nic Nat, Bartel, Stevie J, Rockliff, Buddy, Daniher, Staker

approx cash: 320k
trades left: 7

I would then have to trade Watson in to give me basically the same team as I would have at the start of round 14 in option 2, I just have Selwood in ahead of Priddis as Priddis is the guy I would sideways to Watson in option 1 leaving me with 6 trades

Round 13 after option 2

Goddard, Gibbs, Hibberd, Birchall, Goodes, Vlastuin, Thurlow, Wilson
Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Griffen, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Tom Mitchell, Cachia, Hrovat/Hunter
Cox, Nic Nat, Bartel, Stevie J, Rockliff, Buddy, Caff, Staker

then the two trades I would make are Daniher>Caff and Cachia>Jobe

round 14 option 2

Goddard, Gibbs, Hibberd, Birchall, Goodes, Vlastuin, Thurlow, Wilson
Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Griffen, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Tom Mitchell, Hrovat/Hunter

approx cash: 266k
trades: 7

Option 1 looks better for points this week, but I think option 2 might give me the better scoring potential in the long run.

Then there is option 3 which would be this

Same as option 1 for this round

Round 14:

Caff>Daniher, Priddis>Watson

Team would look like this

Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Griffen, JPK, Jack, Selwood, Tom Mitchell, Hrovat/Hunter

approx cash: 200k
trades left: 7

I am leaning towards option 2 or 3, I just don't know if it is worth cutting Priddis

The reason I am hesitating with options 1 and 3 is I think Priddis will score more then Selwood for the rest of the season, and I think Watson will score more then both. So if I get in Selwood, I have to get rid of one of Priddis or Selwood and it makes no sense bringing in Selwood for one week to trade him the week after. Andrew Raines is also putting me off Selwood this week since he might not score that well anyway which also has me leaning towards option 2 for that reason. I am over analyzing everything, and the trade that makes the most sense is option 3, but it would be at the expense of Priddis.

Being 770 odd points behind in the overall and all the top teams are starting to jump on what I was hoping would be my POD in Griffen which makes it even harder to catch up those points. I have a slim chance of making points up, but if I have an ishy week that window might completely shut.

Mat0369

I have decided to go with option 3 when Thurlow was dropped. I am still not certain on trading out Priddis at the end of it, but it looks the best option

Mat0369

I'll do a print screen tomorrow of my team, back up to 251 in the rankings, 730 odd behind first

Currently have made one trade for the round, Caff>Daniher to free up cash. 8 trades left after that one and $257,100 in cash left.

Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Griffen, Jack, JPK, Selwood, Priddis, Tom Mitchell, Hrovat
Goldstein, Minson, Nicholls, Rowe
Cox, Nic Nat, Stevie J, Bartel, Buddy, Rockliff, Staker, Daniher

I am going to keep Goodes and Vlastuin for at least this week. If they spud up again, I have enough cash for Heppell and Hanley. This week I am tempted to sideways Priddis to Watson. If I make those 3 trades over the next two weeks I will have 5 trades left for the season and about 90k

Vinny

Nice ranking mate !

The first trade for Daniher is a no brainer so your all good there.

Priddis to Watson is Interesting. It really depends if you want guaranteed consistency or enormous cieling.

Watson can pull out 160s or 70s.

Priddis will consistently give you 95-115

If your chasing the points, I don't see why not BUT also keep in mind. If you do the Watson trade this week and do the other two next week, that will leave you with 5 trades for the year.

Anyways mate, Good Luck ! :)

If you don't mind, leave your thoughts on my post. It's called "Help Save My Side. Will Cheer."

Mat0369

Watson is not as inconsistent as everyone has been saying in your thread. This year he has had a few down scores, but last year he was really good almost every week. Same goes for Kieren Jack not having a huge ceiling, that is also false. He had some massive scores last year, including 2 scores of 158. When I look at Priddis and Watson side by side I think Watson will score more and I have the trades and cash, I might as well get him in. I am effectively gaining at least 10 points per week if Priddis maintains a 105 average and Watson 115. I back Watson to push back into the 120+ territory.

5 trades and rookie coverage over each line should be enough for the 8 rounds that follow hopefully. The other two trades will only come about if they both or one of them has a bad week next week. They are effectively luxury trades as my team will be complete.

LF

I'd hold off on the Priddis trade was just having a look at his past scores v the Eagles next 5 opponents and he does pretty well against them score wise.
MacCaffer to Daniher is a great cash grab trade.

Mat0369

Quote from: luvfooty on June 23, 2013, 11:43:15 PM
I'd hold off on the Priddis trade was just having a look at his past scores v the Eagles next 5 opponents and he does pretty well against them score wise.
MacCaffer to Daniher is a great cash grab trade.

The Caff trade is looking like a certainty. He is my best option for the cash grab and it sets me up to do a few upgrades need be to the backline.

After reading what you said about the scores Priddis has had in the past against his next 5 opponents, if you take away the concussion game against the Dons, they still sit in that 90-115 range. I just have this gut feeling about Jobe right now. I'll look back at it when the teams are announced, I might have more pressing needs

Mat0369

Watson opening his mouth is making my decision easier. I don't think he can play this week after that interview.

Vinny

I was just about to bring him in, who do you reckon is a good alternative  ?

Mat0369

I will probably focus on my back half now since Watson was just a sideways trade. I will have a look now for you and let you know who I think the best option for the price range is

Vinny

Thanks mate :)

Yeah I'm sure Priddis will be enough for the time being !

Mat0369

And Birchall out 4-6 with a PCL. Hmmm