WXV Vacant Coaching Positions (There's two now!)

Started by Purple 77, August 21, 2015, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Holz on August 23, 2015, 12:49:30 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 22, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 22, 2015, 10:12:48 PM
...I hear a lot about worlds from one of my mates...

That'd be me!

You can most certainly trust me on this one, that Zander is perfectly suited to XVs. He has listened to me crap on about Worlds for the past 18 months, a few of those months 7 days a week, and he simply has the right mindset to be a coach. As such, he already has a good idea about how WXVs works, and I'd be able to (although I'd never need to... he has the type of busy life that he'd neglect to strength his team :P) ensure personally he is up to speed on everything Worlds.

^^ My letter of recommendation I guess!

If he is learning from you he might be behind the eight ball.

Alexander if you want to learn from a good coach, im always here to answer questions.

yeah ok but who does he contact to learn from a god coach?

iZander

That'd be me!

You can most certainly trust me on this one, that Zander is perfectly suited to XVs. He has listened to me crap on about Worlds for the past 18 months, a few of those months 7 days a week, and he simply has the right mindset to be a coach. As such, he already has a good idea about how WXVs works, and I'd be able to (although I'd never need to... he has the type of busy life that he'd neglect to strength his team :P) ensure personally he is up to speed on everything Worlds.

Alexander if you want to learn from a good coach, im always here to answer questions.

Hahaha, the banter is real :P thanks mate

roo boys!

Great applications so far guys, keep them coming :)

Can't help but notice Jack Crisp has been a bit stiff though, not being named in anyone's best XV!

Purple 77

That'd be me!

I'll remember these quotes for when I beat you next week Holz :P

(need to struggle past PNL first tho)

GoLions

Quote from: roo boys! on August 23, 2015, 09:47:43 AM
Great applications so far guys, keep them coming :)

Can't help but notice Jack Crisp has been a bit stiff though, not being named in anyone's best XV!
I totally missed him when I was doing the best xv! He's definitely in haha

kilbluff1985

Purple 77

Added this bit in the OP

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 21, 2015, 11:36:12 AM
Hey all again!

Another team; the Buenos Aires Armadillos, has decided to join the Toronto players in the wilderness. This now means that not only is there now two positions, but you now have the privilege of drafting a new team out of the former players of Toronto and Buenos Aires!

Pretty exciting ey?!

This also means, that with two new teams, means that the teams need new names, which will be decided by me and the current WXVs coaches in due course.

Both Buenos Aires and Toronto's list is now in the OP :)

Any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me  8)

Hellopplz

Quote from: meow meow on August 22, 2015, 10:51:07 PM
P.s. Griffen, not Griffin.
Hands off Griffin iZander! He's ours for now :P. Given, I'd trade him for Griffen any day :'(.

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 23, 2015, 09:54:06 AM
I'll remember these quotes for when I beat you next week Holz :P

(need to struggle past PNL first tho)
Well.... Guess that didn't go to plan Purps :P.

iZander

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 26, 2015, 12:54:55 AM
Quote from: meow meow on August 22, 2015, 10:51:07 PM
P.s. Griffen, not Griffin.
Hands off Griffin iZander! He's ours for now :P. Given, I'd trade him for Griffen any day :'(.

Hahaha, i tried to sneak big Griffin into the mid, but you guys caught me out :P

ossie85

Application for the Toronto Aires Armawolves

Name: ossie85 & Vinny

Sex: We're just friends

Desired Position: I said we're just friends!! Oh, co-coach of the Toronto Aires Armawolves

Previous Position: I've been around a bit (creator of XVs, coach of Seoul, couple of British teams, creator of the failed V League, creator of i5s, elxam Admin, former Worlds Admin, creator of one spawn with another on the way), and Vinny was the previous co-coach of the Buenos Aires Armadillos and several other XV competisions.

Why are you applying?: I've been wanting to through my hat in the ring as a coach of Worlds again for a while. But I've found myself not to have all that much time, and not much time for the off-season stuff like trading. Vinny, on the other hand, is very keen for all the off-season banter and trades, while doesn't have much time for the week to week naming of teams, etc. Turns out we're the perfect fit!

Armawolves strength: When merging a middle-of-the range team with a bottom 4 team, I strongly believe you have to be patient and build from the ground up. Some very exciting young talent, particularly from Buenos Aires, which I believe will serve as a huge basis for a successful franchise. Also Pendles.

Vinny! Please feel free to add anything to that :)

Vinny

Quote from: ossie85 on August 26, 2015, 09:20:37 AM

Application for the Toronto Aires Armawolves

Name: ossie85 & Vinny

Sex: We're just friends

Desired Position: I said we're just friends!! Oh, co-coach of the Toronto Aires Armawolves

Previous Position: I've been around a bit (creator of XVs, coach of Seoul, couple of British teams, creator of the failed V League, creator of i5s, elxam Admin, former Worlds Admin, creator of one spawn with another on the way), and Vinny was the previous co-coach of the Buenos Aires Armadillos and several other XV competisions.

Why are you applying?: I've been wanting to through my hat in the ring as a coach of Worlds again for a while. But I've found myself not to have all that much time, and not much time for the off-season stuff like trading. Vinny, on the other hand, is very keen for all the off-season banter and trades, while doesn't have much time for the week to week naming of teams, etc. Turns out we're the perfect fit!

Armawolves strength: When merging a middle-of-the range team with a bottom 4 team, I strongly believe you have to be patient and build from the ground up. Some very exciting young talent, particularly from Buenos Aires, which I believe will serve as a huge basis for a successful franchise. Also Pendles.

Vinny! Please feel free to add anything to that :)
Thanks Os, looks pretty good.

All of you already know how much Ossie puts into this site and I feel that together we can build a pretty solid team that sets us up for the immediate future as well as long-term. Can promise an up to date team thread, full participation in trades, banter and discussion. I guess other than that, you guys know what I bring, up to you if you like it or not!

Purple 77

Change of plans, application will close this Sunday night. The vote PM will be sent out on Monday morning.

T Dog

Adamant

It’s no secret that the WXVs is considered the premier comp in XVs. 18 active coaches, innovative strategies, great atmosphere, unlimited trading, the list goes on. It’s definitely something that I would love to be a part of.

In the past I have been a bit hesitant to apply for a coaching position due to the fact that taking over an established team means I don’t really get that sense of ownership of the team, which is why drafting a side from scratch really appeals to me.

I'm currently a head coach in the AXVs with the Bangladesh Bears, and am one of the original coaches since the competition was introduced in 2012. I drafted an older side with the aim of achieving short-term success, and it ended up paying off, as we were lucky enough to take home the first ever AXV Premiership in 2013, before going back-to-back in 2014. The run ended this year however when we were knocked out in the elimination final and a small rebuild will probably be on the cards for 2016.

100% commitment, an up-to-date and tidy looking team thread, banter, willingness to do extra work to improve the comp in any way, and of course plenty of trade offers!

If I were to be voted in as head coach, I'd be looking to go down the youth path seeing as I've already had experience with an older side in the AXVs. However, I'd still be trying to remain as competitive as possible and a top 8 finish in 2016 would be the main goal.

Thanks lads.

PowerBug

flower me if you guys want someone good give him the job now don't even bother voting for that spot.

The other one is close between all candidates though.