Edgeovertherest SC Team 2017 advice please

Started by Edgeovertherest, February 02, 2017, 02:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edgeovertherest

Would appreciate you guys taking the time to review what you think of my team thanks. This is my second year of Supercoach and I am hoping to improve on how I did last year (10%). I have $30700 remaining salary.

Money Shot

Good side to sit on mate! Will definitely be a top 5% team if you trade correctly ;)

john23132

Ringo

At the moment you have 3 prem defenders in defence but only one prem and 2 mid pricers in forward line. If happy with that the fine but I would like at downgrading a prem defender to a mid pricer and upgrading a mid price forward to a prem.

However go with gut with your decision as not a bad team.

Edgeovertherest

Quote from: Ringo on February 02, 2017, 02:51:50 PM
At the moment you have 3 prem defenders in defence but only one prem and 2 mid pricers in forward line. If happy with that the fine but I would like at downgrading a prem defender to a mid pricer and upgrading a mid price forward to a prem.

However go with gut with your decision as not a bad team.

the decision with the somewhat weak midfield was due to the fact that there were not that many options in the foward line that I could fully trust. Deledio moving to a new team, Macrae just seemed a bit over priced, Caddy, historically did not seem like a top 5 foward. With these factors I decided to go with Ryder who looked like he may be returning to form and Heeney who looks like he may have some midfield time at Sydney. These can all change later on as well once preseason rolls around of course. So far with the premium defenders, it looks like I can lock and forget plus feel like they are reliable players to average 100+ this season plus have the potential to be top 5 defenders. Laird is still subject to change based of his injury concerns off of last season but so far I am happy with it.

Edgeovertherest

I was thinking maybe I could downgrade one of my premium defenders (probably Hanners or treloar) to Swallow or Beams then use the funds to upgrade one of the two mid priced forwards. My only concern with these two players is whether they are gonna stay fit for the season since the last time Swallow played a full season was in 2014 and the last time Beams stayed fit for an entire season was in 2012.

So what do you guys think about this? Would it be a good idea or are the injury concerns too much for these two players to even be considered for my team?

fasttrack13

Quote from: Edgeovertherest on February 02, 2017, 05:09:51 PM
I was thinking maybe I could downgrade one of my premium defenders (probably Hanners or treloar) to Swallow or Beams then use the funds to upgrade one of the two mid priced forwards. My only concern with these two players is whether they are gonna stay fit for the season since the last time Swallow played a full season was in 2014 and the last time Beams stayed fit for an entire season was in 2012.

So what do you guys think about this? Would it be a good idea or are the injury concerns too much for these two players to even be considered for my team?

Say if you downgraded one of Hanners/Kennedy/Treloar to T.Mitch, Bont, Ward... Give you 50k to upgrade heeney to Buddy/Lynch/Macrae along with the 30k you have. Got one keeper extra. Kennedy is probably the one i'd drop as he will avaerage the same as some of those guys then you get him in at his bye where he will average 110+.

Edgeovertherest

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 02, 2017, 05:26:54 PM
Quote from: Edgeovertherest on February 02, 2017, 05:09:51 PM

Say if you downgraded one of Hanners/Kennedy/Treloar to T.Mitch, Bont, Ward... Give you 50k to upgrade heeney to Buddy/Lynch/Macrae along with the 30k you have. Got one keeper extra. Kennedy is probably the one i'd drop as he will avaerage the same as some of those guys then you get him in at his bye where he will average 110+.

That is an interesting idea, I'll see how Macrae goes in preseason since I am not too sold on Buddy and Lynch being keepers. Will probably look towards downgrading Kennedy to Bont but just a bit hesitant on whether Bont can improve or keep up with last season's performance due to him being, 1) fairly you and 2) having the spotlight on him making him the focus when facing other teams.

GoLions

I'd definitely keep JPK over Hanners/Treloar, he's safe as houses.

Edgeovertherest

Quote from: GoLions on February 02, 2017, 05:47:24 PM

I feel like Treloar is a great POD plus he is reaching his prime. Just thought that maybe I could get JPK after the bye, when he really starts to get the ball rolling. I am basing this off how last year his first 7 rounds were fairly average. My friend got burned by him at this point so that is why I am going to wait. Also the fact that he is the captain now may affect his play, which is why I am going to wait for him.

fasttrack13

Quote from: GoLions on February 02, 2017, 05:47:24 PM

I posted last 10 average comparison for JPK V Hanners, fair to say hanners has him covered quite easily.

Hannebery Last 2 Years (Combined Averages)
First 10 Rounds: 118.8
After Bye: 111.5

Kennedy Last 2 Years (Combined Averages)
First 10 Rounds: 107.3
After Bye: 118.25

What i've based my selection on