2017 British XV Rule Changes and Discussion

Started by Ringo, February 10, 2017, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

It is possible those that voted for 1 did not want the loss of points something which I think is warranted for a third offence but accepting the majority vote.  Only real addition is that if Team had the HGA they also lose that bonus.

But hopefully no one gets to 3rd strike.

Nige

Quote from: iZander on March 25, 2017, 02:24:22 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2017, 02:13:48 PM
Okay, here's my issue.

Because of the result of Vote 7, the punishment for the 3rd offence is now pretty much almost the same as the 2nd offence which therefore makes the 3rd offence borderline redundant as it is hardly an increase in punishment.

no1 will get past the first warning anyway, but i agree
I mean, I don't think that's true, but that's probably the attitude people had when voting.

Quote from: Ringo on March 25, 2017, 02:34:38 PM
It is possible those that voted for 1 did not want the loss of points something which I think is warranted for a third offence but accepting the majority vote.  Only real addition is that if Team had the HGA they also lose that bonus.

So hypothetically, if a team infringes for the third time and they are the away team, nothing extra will happen.

My point really is that more relaxed rules lead to a more relaxed attitude. Take a harder stance and show there are repercussions for failing to do pretty much the only mandatory thing a coach has to do all season.

Ringo

Do not forget though that Admin can also take a team off if need be at after 2 discretions.

iZander

Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2017, 04:07:12 PM
Quote from: iZander on March 25, 2017, 02:24:22 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2017, 02:13:48 PM
Okay, here's my issue.

Because of the result of Vote 7, the punishment for the 3rd offence is now pretty much almost the same as the 2nd offence which therefore makes the 3rd offence borderline redundant as it is hardly an increase in punishment.

no1 will get past the first warning anyway, but i agree
I mean, I don't think that's true, but that's probably the attitude people had when voting.

Quote from: Ringo on March 25, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

So hypothetically, if a team infringes for the third time and they are the away team, nothing extra will happen.

My point really is that more relaxed rules lead to a more relaxed attitude. Take a harder stance and show there are repercussions for failing to do pretty much the only mandatory thing a coach has to do all season.

haha yeah shouldnt have been an option in the vote tbh, leaving only 1 option :P But im pretty confident no1 will forget 3 times anyway, pretty committed bunch :P