Euro Drafting and Trading at the end of the year.

Started by Holz, May 29, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 05:47:41 PM
Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 03:58:30 PM
Another question Holz, will the rookie draft picks automatically be our rookie list or can players from the rookie draft make up leftover spots on our senior list. Also, can we use our national draft picks on our rookie list or do they have to stay on the senior list.

Holz ?

Also whatlez, give Ellis a break he is doing okay for a 19 year old, he hasnt even missed a game yet, he will be hot property in years to come ;)

you pick your final team and therefore rookie list after the dpp changes so you cna put whoever you want on it.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on May 29, 2012, 05:43:33 PM
Only thing i recommend is that there is a timeslot for trading, so it doesn't go on forever like this one did. ::) Whether it's 1 week or 5 weeks i don't mind, but it needs a timeslot where nothing else happens during that time. :D

Other than that i'm happy with whatever is suggested.

Whilst I'm more in favour of longer is better I tend to agree.

I propose a month... Thoughts?

Also we'd need to work out if it's WA TIME or EASTERN STATES TIME... Think there was some confusion last year.

WA time, i was thinking around 3 weeks for the first trade period and than a week after DPP for the restricted one.

Holz

Quote from: MTTY on May 29, 2012, 05:25:56 PM
Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 29, 2012, 05:18:10 PM
Seeing as its a superdraft it might not be a bad idea to have two expansion clubs?

Yeah the new teams will be extremely light on for a few years. Do you think people will stay interested?

I think they will.

With the two expansion teams we could have something like

Each team must choose 3 players to be restricted.

The new teams get to take any un-restricted player from another club (max of 1 player taken from each team by both expansion clubs together)

Also the expansion clubs are only allowed to pick up three players like this AND from those three they are allowed no more than one from each position.

After that we determine the draft orders whereby they should get a number of early picks.

there are already plans for this, i was thinking not next year but the year after introduce one team. The reason for this was becasue we still dont have our full squads yet. What are your opinions in this I would enter 1 team in one year and another the next.

Also if a person does want to pull out there team can be taken over and the incoming coach will be able to change the name if they want

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on May 29, 2012, 05:43:33 PM
Only thing i recommend is that there is a timeslot for trading, so it doesn't go on forever like this one did. ::) Whether it's 1 week or 5 weeks i don't mind, but it needs a timeslot where nothing else happens during that time. :D

Other than that i'm happy with whatever is suggested.

Whilst I'm more in favour of longer is better I tend to agree.

I propose a month... Thoughts?

Also we'd need to work out if it's WA TIME or EASTERN STATES TIME... Think there was some confusion last year.
Yep.  :P

MTTY

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 05:56:05 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 29, 2012, 05:25:56 PM
Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 29, 2012, 05:18:10 PM
Seeing as its a superdraft it might not be a bad idea to have two expansion clubs?

Yeah the new teams will be extremely light on for a few years. Do you think people will stay interested?

I think they will.

With the two expansion teams we could have something like

Each team must choose 3 players to be restricted.

The new teams get to take any un-restricted player from another club (max of 1 player taken from each team by both expansion clubs together)

Also the expansion clubs are only allowed to pick up three players like this AND from those three they are allowed no more than one from each position.

After that we determine the draft orders whereby they should get a number of early picks.

there are already plans for this, i was thinking not next year but the year after introduce one team. The reason for this was becasue we still dont have our full squads yet. What are your opinions in this I would enter 1 team in one year and another the next.

Also if a person does want to pull out there team can be taken over and the incoming coach will be able to change the name if they want

I like your idea Holz, just wanted to bring some sort of expansion idea to you incase you didn't already have one.  :)

PowerBug

Wait, Holz, ummm, ok, i'm confused, did you.. hold on, did he just...

PM me Holz.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 05:47:41 PM
Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 03:58:30 PM
Another question Holz, will the rookie draft picks automatically be our rookie list or can players from the rookie draft make up leftover spots on our senior list. Also, can we use our national draft picks on our rookie list or do they have to stay on the senior list.

Holz ?

Also whatlez, give Ellis a break he is doing okay for a 19 year old, he hasnt even missed a game yet, he will be hot property in years to come ;)

Yeah he's fine.

Also I was wondering if I could make my own team and take all the draft picks? Then sneakily trade them to the Wolves haha. But seriously I would really want my own team  :-X

CrowsFan

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 05:39:45 PM
hahahaha thats a fantastic name CF!
Haha thanks. Another option is the Swiss Army Knives :P

elephants

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2012, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 05:39:45 PM
hahahaha thats a fantastic name CF!
Haha thanks. Another option is the Swiss Army Knives :P
Hahah there actually are so many ridiculously good names you could make... Forces you to wonder how we have names like 'Suns' when there are option like Lemurs, Rocket and Gorrilas available.

How much more imposing does Gold Coast Gorillas sound than Gold Coast Suns??

CrowsFan

BGK

I still think Hawka should've gone with the Dutch Ovens.

elephants

Torpedo10

CrowsFan

Quote from: Torpedo10 on May 29, 2012, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2012, 06:24:03 PM
Or Gold Coast Guerrillas :D
Have to be Euro CF.  :P
We were talking about the actual Gold Coast Suns and how they would be better with different name ::)

Torpedo10

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2012, 07:12:59 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on May 29, 2012, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2012, 06:24:03 PM
Or Gold Coast Guerrillas :D
Have to be Euro CF.  :P
We were talking about the actual Gold Coast Suns and how they would be better with different name ::)
Ah, well I agree with you on that.  :D