2016 RULE DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by Ricochet, November 20, 2015, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Feel free to voice any potential rule changes you would like to have considered at the end of this season to be implemented for the 2016 season.

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on November 20, 2015, 12:47:04 PM
    The rules discussion thread is now locked so will post a quick thought here. We are all delisting prior to the national draft. This includes senior and rookie listed players.

Would it be a better idea to separate the 2? So it will look like below:

Delist Senior listed players prior to the AXV National Draft. [/li][/list]
    Then conduct the AXV National Draft.
    Delist Rookie listed players.
    Then conduct the AXV rookie draft.

This way we can see if any of our delisted rookie listed players are picked up by another club.

Ricochet

Quote from: nas on November 20, 2015, 01:18:59 PM
      The rules discussion thread is now locked so will post a quick thought here. We are all delisting prior to the national draft. This includes senior and rookie listed players.

This way we can see if any of our delisted rookie listed players are picked up by another club, but what if (example) F Ray K Mitchell delisted & then picked up via Rookie?

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on November 20, 2015, 01:23:41 PM
      Quote from: nas on November 20, 2015, 01:18:59 PM

This way we can see if any of our delisted rookie listed players are picked up by another club, but what if (example) F Ray K Mitchell delisted & then picked up via Rookie?

Have to agree with this, as remote chance of being delisted then relisted.

Crabs have Markworth and Dalgleish on their rookie list. Both have been delisted off the senior list of their respective club. Nostra and I won't know if they have found a new home prior to having to delist them. We would prob hold them on the rookie list if they did find another home or were rookie listed by an AFL club.

Ricochet

Quote from: nas on November 20, 2015, 01:36:31 PM
        Just used F Ray, K Mitchell as an example where as Power have said they will commit to KM, FR Saints maybe, but J Adcock with (Laos) a chance to be grabbed by the doggies. Would maybe in the PSD, so does Nige drop him or take the risk?

**Not sure if explaining myself properly here**

nas

Rids

Cheers mate. Wouldn't mind doing a vote before next weeks draft but know the time constraints would mean that it is very unlikely to happen.

nas

Maybe if a player gets dropped from Main or Rookie & previously on your list (not traded) you have first choice of taking him back, BUT using your last available pick in that draft?

BB67th

I believe we already have a provision for this in the competition, as it states this in the Official Draft Thread:

KEEPING PLAYERS ON YOUR LIST WHO ARE DE-LISTED BY AFL CLUBS

Some AXV clubs may choose not to de-list a player who has been de-listed in the AFL, in the hope that they will be picked up in one of the AFL drafts.

*If you do not de-list a player at the official de-listing date, he can remain on your list during the draft period

*If the player is drafted by an AFL Club, they MUST remain on an AXV list

*If after the AFL Pre-Season/Rookie Draft the player is still not on an AXV list, he MUST be immediately de-listed from an AXV list, and a player will be selected during the AXV Pre-Season/Rookie Draft to replace him

Have a look at that fellas, and let me know if that sorts out the issue. It provides you with the opportunity to hold onto a player in the hope he gets drafted, but if he doesn't, he is cut from your list and you are able to replace him.

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on November 20, 2015, 02:26:26 PM
        I believe we already have a provision for this in the competition, as it states this in the Official Draft Thread:

Some AXV clubs may choose not to de-list a player who has been de-listed in the AFL, in the hope that they will be picked up in one of the AFL drafts.

*If you do not de-list a player at the official de-listing date, he can remain on your list during the draft period

*If after the AFL Pre-Season/Rookie Draft the player is still not on an AXV list, he MUST be immediately de-listed from an AXV list, and a player will be selected during the AXV Pre-Season/Rookie Draft to replace him

Have a look at that fellas, and let me know if that sorts out the issue. It provides you with the opportunity to hold onto a player in the hope he gets drafted, but if he doesn't, he is cut from your list and you are able to replace him.

It is the below point that I really dont like:

Surely this should then become a decision of the AXV coach. For example, Markworth being picked in the AFL National draft is a lot different to being picked up in the PSD draft.

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 20, 2015, 03:42:29 PM

Surely this should then become a decision of the AXV coach. For example, Markworth being picked in the AFL National draft is a lot different to being picked up in the PSD draft.

I think the original thinking behind this was so that coaches weren't able to make extra list management decisions after the draft had been held in this regard for the sake of fairness.

Maybe its something we can raise again and have a vote on before next year's draft period?

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on November 20, 2015, 05:56:21 PM
        Quote from: Rids on November 20, 2015, 03:42:29 PM

I think the original thinking behind this was so that coaches weren't able to make extra list management decisions after the draft had been held in this regard for the sake of fairness.

Maybe its something we can raise again and have a vote on before next year's draft period?

Yeah I think so. The way AFL teams use the rookie list has changed. Now they deliberately leave a spot spare on the senior list so they can elevate the best of their rookies. Teams are also now delisting senior players and making them rookies. These rookies are often very experienced players who will still play a lot of senior footy.

I know AXV was modelled around what the AFL do. But I think we should look at this specifically to try and help teams when it comes to delisting players that could and will end up on lists. Some of these are even guaranteed the spot.

Ricochet

This happens in Worlds, which may be worth discussing.

If a player is delisted by an AFL club (or retires) and are then redrafted (like MClark or MBrown/SMenegola this year), then the AXVs club they were last at before they were delisted will get preference to that player.

So how it works is, other clubs can bid Nat picks on those players and the club of origin can choose to match it, or pass on that player.

For Example, say KL Crocs had Mitch Brown a few years ago and he gets picked up like he has.

Before the Nat draft starts here, Laos may bid their pick 63 on him. Lambs also want him so they better it with pick 53. Tigers then come in with pick 44. Noone else betters this pick.
        Then KL must decide to they match it, or let it pass.
        If they decide to match then they must use their NEXT available pick after the Tigers N44. This would be N45.

Nige