Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on September 09, 2011, 01:20:56 AM
Opened him up .. take a look.

Sheldon Cooper

Just promise me you won't use this to your advantage if he play's you at the WC, although I'm sure it won't matter   :P

I'll give you 10K for him.

8-6 Suited

Very nice. I did however think he would be spec/spec, not outs/spec with that reli batting. Little bit of a let down that. :p

Bazinga

Nails - I will put him up for $10k when he turns 30. He will still be one of your younger players  :P

He will be a great player for me for the next 2 and a bit seasons. I honestly don't care too much about his nat status, all I care about is trying to promote over the next 2 seasons and Sheldon should help me achieve that.

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on September 09, 2011, 01:28:16 AM
Nails - I will put him up for $10k when he turns 30. He will still be one of your younger players  :P

He will be a great player for me for the next 2 and a bit seasons. I honestly don't care too much about his nat status, all I care about is trying to promote over the next 2 seasons and Sheldon should help me achieve that.

3 and a bit seasons* IMO

Mamta (my 30yo) has not dropped in ratings once since I've had him... He should still be quality as a 30yo... not sure why you'd sell him while he's still a useful 30yo.

Holz

i will pay the 10k for the name alone.

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on September 09, 2011, 01:36:20 AM

3 and a bit seasons* IMO

Mamta (my 30yo) has not dropped in ratings once since I've had him... He should still be quality as a 30yo... not sure why you'd sell him while he's still a useful 30yo.

What are you training Mamta in Nails? If his ratings are staying steady then the skill you are training him in might be increasing while his other skills could be slightly decreasing.

I have read on the forums that players skills start to decline at age 30, and I don't want any players who have the potential to 'plop' in my squad.

Fletch74

Some awesome pops there gents, especially Babb and Morgan. Go for legendary ML ;)

I had some awesome pops last night

08 Sep 2011 Abiola Jirongo Endurance capable reliable
08 Sep 2011 Steve Ogonji Tikolo Fielding capable reliable
08 Sep 2011 Dean Fitzgerald Bowling accomplished expert
08 Sep 2011 Philip Wright Technique expert outstanding

Jirongo - superstar at 20. Has reliable secondaries with exp/acc bowl/tech - back on primary training now :)
Tikolo - not far behind him - exp/acc 20yo batsman with rel fielding and cap endo :D
Fitzy - Now exp/acc fasty at 20 :D :D
Wright - Now out/out at 24 with exp power for a fasty ;D

8-6 Suited

Your Fitzy is coming along nicely Fletch. How many fast bowlers do you have mate?

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 09, 2011, 09:59:39 AM
Your Fitzy is coming along nicely Fletch. How many fast bowlers do you have mate?
Just the 2. His secondaries are what I'll be working on now until they're reliable.

Bazinga

Wow Fletch you are going to have an awesome young squad for the next few seasons  :)

Fletch74

Quote from: Bazinga on September 09, 2011, 10:04:40 AM
Wow Fletch you are going to have an awesome young squad for the next few seasons  :)
What a rivalry it will be then between us ;)

8-6 Suited

I'm going young at the end of next season, I think. My players are getting old. :P

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 09, 2011, 10:18:10 AM
I'm going young at the end of next season, I think. My players are getting old. :P
Lol :D :P

8-6 Suited

I have like 7 players who are 29 this season. So it is just going to be a pain in the ass to replace them all. :P Probably best for me to purchase cheap but good 20yo's at the start of the season and sell them off slowly at the end of the season. :P

cookie311993

You should be able to train them up pretty good still shaggy. Excellent academy will still do well