WXV Coaching Position - Pacific Islanders

Started by ossie85, February 21, 2013, 07:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on February 27, 2013, 07:30:27 AM
Q - As Boomz pointed out, I asked you if you wanted it full time and by your self. You said no. Not sure how you can imply I didn't ask.

For the last time, you have never been co-coach of this team. This has been said a few times. Once c4 announced you as co-coach but that wasn't put to a vote. Later, I asked c4 if he wanted to put it to a vote. He said no.

The times c4 was unavailable last year, I asked you to help with his team. EVERY time it was always responses like 'I'll see if I have the time' or 'let me know if you don't hear from c4'.

You were also free to apply. And didn't. You need to pay attention, and not rely on people telling you what is going on.

Q, if you want to be part of the Worlds, you have to part of it. At the moment, you only pop your head in every now and again and pretend. Pay attention to what is going on, and be an active assistant to someone.
I said I'm happy to do it Full Time but not by myself... What's wrong with that? Unless you are looking for someone who will run the team on there own then fair enough...

I know I was allowed to apply - but after I stated that I was interested I expected to see a reply to my post or at least a PM. I checked the Worlds board daily to see if you did - I have no reason to visit this board... I'll admit that on a few occasions I did not do the right thing when c4 was gone, but on other occasions I did. If IIRC I did lodge our list, and sometimes c4 was in and out so I wasn't sure what I should do. (EDIT: And I ran tipping...)

"Q, if you want to be part of the Worlds, you have to part of it. At the moment, you only pop your head in every now and again and pretend. Pay attention to what is going on, and be an active assistant to someone."

So what you are trying to say is I don't do anything? Oh, because I don't post the final trades or press conferences means I do nothing? I've been at the Islanders since the start with c4, and have been doing a TON of behind the scenes work. This off-season, I was apart of all trade negotiations and had a big effect on most. One minute you want me running the team as an "assistant" when c4 is missing, the next I don't have any "part" ownership of the team?  ???

If you want a sole coach, then I'm not your man. I stated that. But if you are happy for me to pick or for another person to be voted in as a co-coach, then I'm fine. If you'd like me to enter the poll and re-vote, I don't mind. However, doing what I think is, kicking me out, doesn't sit that well with me.

Purple 77

QuoteI checked the Worlds board daily to see if you did - I have no reason to visit this board...

The opening post was 6 days ago, and you found this out last night.

How can you claim ownership of a team when you say you have no reason to visit the board that it is in? And that c4 didn't call the vote for you to be a co-coach (have half ownership of the team)?

Just sayin.

Master Q

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 27, 2013, 07:51:07 PM
QuoteI checked the Worlds board daily to see if you did - I have no reason to visit this board...

The opening post was 6 days ago, and you found this out last night.

How can you claim ownership of a team when you say you have no reason to visit the board that it is in? And that c4 didn't call the vote for you to be a co-coach (have half ownership of the team)?

Just sayin.
WXV have there own sub-board, that is what I am referring too. And that is true, he did not call for the vote - but I have been the assistant (in Ossie's books) since Day 1, and have had to run the team on multiple occasions. If Ossie wanted to put it too a vote without asking me, then I guess that is fair - but not even replying to my post or PM'ing me his thoughts/letting me know it would take place is a different story...

kilbluff1985

Phasir

Quote from: c4v3m4n on February 21, 2013, 12:04:08 AM
Dear Members of the WXV Community, Officials, Players and Fellow Coaches:

It is with great sadness tonight that I officially announce my retirement as Co-Coach of the Pacific Islanders, effective immediately.

It has been an honor to part of such a fantastic sporting organisation and even greater honor to have had a hand in the Islanders debut season.

Since day one, its been a road full of ups and downs, full of doubters and non-believers, but most importantly its been full of great and lasting memories.

This was by no means an easy decision but it was one that needed to be made for the best interest of the club and for the competition. I know that I was not putting in the adequate time required by a coach to run and manage this amazing team, and I am the first to agree that this is unfair to those coaches that are waiting in the wings looking for the opportunity to make their mark in this game.

To my co-coach, Master Q, my assistant coaches, my staff and to my playing squad, I apologise for not being there when I should have this pre-season and you deserve better.

To the fans and the greater WXV community, I apologise for not being more readily present and not living up to some of my promises. This pains me the most and I hope in time you'll forgive me.

Finally, to end on a good note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank WXV Administrator ossie85 and to all the other coaches for giving me this opportunity and I wish everyone involved in the WXV the best of luck for the upcoming season.

Though more importantly, I'd like to wish the Islanders more luck and will keep a keen eye on their future. GO ISLANDERS!

Yours sincerely,

c4v3m4n

CrowsFan

Phasir c4 may have been calling Q his co-coach but he was never actually voted in as a co-coach by the rest of the world coaches. Therefore he was still just an assistant

ossie85

AND THE RESULTS!!!!

Congratulations JAYMAN for taking the honours in an extremely tight battle :)

More details to follow

kilbluff1985

Well done Jay :-[

and Ossie, like 2 days ago Boomz was looking for a Co-Coach and i said i would if i didn't get this gig so looks like we need to vote again :)

ossie85

Cool cool, when Boomz asks I'll put it to a vote

nrich102

Toga

Jay

Thanks guys. Really happy to get the gig

Kind of feel bad as there were so many worth applicants. Good luck for the future guys and I'm sure you will get a team soon!

I will get to the team thread later tonight. And I have a big announcement to make too ;)

I look forward to leading the Islanders for the years to come.

Ringo

Congratulations Jay and all the best with the Islanders. 

Looking forward to your important announcement.

Justin Bieber

Congratz Jay, hopefully can do well with the Islanders after a few seasons with the current team!

CrowsFan

Boooo!! Hissssss!!

Haha just kidding. Congrats on the job Jay. Only downside is there is now another crow supporter so I can snag the crow players late in drafts anymore, such as Riley in the rookie draft who is going to kill it this year!