Important Announcement

Started by c4v3m4n, February 21, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Dear Members of the WXV Community, Officials, Players and Fellow Coaches:

It is with great sadness tonight that I officially announce my retirement as Co-Coach of the Pacific Islanders, effective immediately.

It has been an honor to part of such a fantastic sporting organisation and even greater honor to have had a hand in the Islanders debut season.

Since day one, its been a road full of ups and downs, full of doubters and non-believers, but most importantly its been full of great and lasting memories.

This was by no means an easy decision but it was one that needed to be made for the best interest of the club and for the competition. I know that I was not putting in the adequate time required by a coach to run and manage this amazing team, and I am the first to agree that this is unfair to those coaches that are waiting in the wings looking for the opportunity to make their mark in this game.

To my co-coach, Master Q, my assistant coaches, my staff and to my playing squad, I apologise for not being there when I should have this pre-season and you deserve better.

To the fans and the greater WXV community, I apologise for not being more readily present and not living up to some of my promises. This pains me the most and I hope in time you'll forgive me.

Finally, to end on a good note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank WXV Administrator ossie85 and to all the other coaches for giving me this opportunity and I wish everyone involved in the WXV the best of luck for the upcoming season.

Though more importantly, I'd like to wish the Islanders more luck and will keep a keen eye on their future. GO ISLANDERS!

Yours sincerely,

c4v3m4n

MajorLazer

It's really sad to see you leave the comp. You've put in so much effort with all the jumpers and logos and not to mention your long informative posts in the Islanders thread.

Thanks for really adding to this comp to help make it what it is.  :)

tbagrocks

Truly shocking, all the best to you Cavey, how will this implicate on the World?

SydneyRox

as a signed up supporter of the islanders i am sad to see you go  :'(

ossie85

Thank you for all your hard work c4

Master Q was never voted in as co-coach, and Q has said he does not want the job full time. Applicants can apply very soon

kilbluff1985

sad day for WXV  :(

CrowsFan

Not much of a surprise to be honest, but sad to see you go c4

Ringo

All the best for the future C4 - You have put a lot of work into the Islanders and laid the foundation for the team to improve.  Sad to see you leave before team realises its full potential.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MajorLazer on February 21, 2013, 12:40:56 AM
It's really sad to see you leave the comp. You've put in so much effort with all the jumpers and logos and not to mention your long informative posts in the Islanders thread.

Thanks for really adding to this comp to help make it what it is.  :)
Indeed he did! Sad to see you go C4 but guess time constraints called for it :(.

Purple 77

It is because of c4 that we have a creative side of the WXVs as he started it all. Huge loss for the WXVs, sad to see you go mate!

Islanders have been through 2 coaches now!

c4v3m4n

A few media personnel were lucky to catch c4v3m4n for a brief interview outside his home in Suva, Fiji. Here's the transcript.

MEDIA: "c4v3m4n, how are you feeling now you've retired?"

C4: "To be honest, I'm still quite saddened by it all. I honestly feel like I am grieving for the loss of someone special. It wasn't a decision that came lightly, nor was it an easy one to make."

MEDIA: "What are your plans now?"

C4: "At this moment, I'm going for my nightly jog and swim, then its back home for some rest. As I imagine your question was directed toward what my future holds though and at this point in time, I don't rightly know. Let the rumors begin hey? Haha"

MEDIA: Applications for the Islanders vacant head coaching roles have been coming in, are you surprised at how quickly the process has begun? Rumors are suggesting that you were forced to retire, any comments on that?

C4: Woah, woah. Rumors that I was forced to retire and leave the game are absurd. It was my decision, probably the toughest one I've had to make in my short time as coach. I would have done anything in my power to stay, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to give my complete attention the team needed. It simply wasn't fair on the players, the staff, or the fans. As for the quick turnaround, our esteemed administrator knows that the role needs to be filled as quickly as possible for the teams sake. The players need a coach.

MEDIA: Have you taken a look at the applicants? Any in your mind deserve the job?

C4: I have taken a interest in the applicants. I hope they continue on my legacy on being the team that takes the competition to the next level. Look at all the improvements we made. Thats what makes this club the best in the world, take the defunct North Melbourne Kangaroos and what they brought to the AFL. Anthems, memberships, night matches, etc. We aimed to do the same and just at all the firsts we brought to the table. It's not just about what happens on the field anymore. As for my recommendation or endorsement as you will, of the ones that have submitted this far....I can't make that call. It wouldn't be fair to the process. They are all great candidates and I have no doubt that whomever gets the role will take the challenge on by the scruff of the games neck.

MEDIA: If asked, what you consider an assistant role, or some smaller role within the club?

C4: I'd certainly consider it if I was asked, sure. But I'm not going to comit to anything at this stage.

MEDIA: The fans of the game have had mixed reception to your retirement. So are calling you the most admiral man in sport, others are calling you the Damien Martyn of WXV. Any comments?

C4: I am a big avocate of free speech; people are entitled to their opinions. I did what I needed to do, people can read into what they want and comment however they choose. I did what needed to be done at the time for the best interests of the club and the wider WXV community. I've made this very clear.

"That's all I have time for now."

Ringo

Nice Interview C4 - All the best as you ponder your future.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ringo on February 22, 2013, 11:43:35 PM
Nice Interview C4 - All the best as you ponder your future.

I feel like I need to go out in style. ;)

I'll be making a similar announcement in the front bar explaining more.