Bully's Boys 2024

Started by Bully, January 24, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Going early on 1 rookie makes sense, with Comben, Graham & Georgiades all potential buys it seems prudent to get one in this week, things will get even trickier if there's an injury or suspension. This was the reason I was keen to grab Heeney, he now has a BE of 52 so it's just about curtains if coaches don't grab him straight after the bye. Green still within range, Powell to Green something I'll consider, I'm also very keen on Petracca, just need to work out a viable strategy without completely dismantling the forward line. Jack Macrae might be a solution, provided he gets a decent run from Bevo.

Carroll might need to go, one more price rise will be sufficient, he's done his job however so definitely no buyers remorse.

arbel

Macrae might be an option but not for a few weeks with a BE of 223 he is going to plummet in price. Bevo has just destroyed his role from last year. Making him a half forward. He is a great clearance player and 2 way runner but Bevo seems to not want him in. Thought his role was secure when Dunkley went to Brissie but year getting vest and not a good go of it is killing his potential

Ringo

If going early also consider Clohessy as he is only $102k and 20k made straight up.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on April 08, 2024, 03:18:01 PMIf going early also consider Clohessy as he is only $102k and 20k made straight up.

This was the reason I bypassed Brown (although I'm kind of regretting that decision), Coffield to Graham makes money which is a small bonus.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 08, 2024, 12:29:44 PMGoing early on 1 rookie makes sense, with Comben, Graham & Georgiades all potential buys it seems prudent to get one in this week, things will get even trickier if there's an injury or suspension. This was the reason I was keen to grab Heeney, he now has a BE of 52 so it's just about curtains if coaches don't grab him straight after the bye. Green still within range, Powell to Green something I'll consider, I'm also very keen on Petracca, just need to work out a viable strategy without completely dismantling the forward line. Jack Macrae might be a solution, provided he gets a decent run from Bevo.

Carroll might need to go, one more price rise will be sufficient, he's done his job however so definitely no buyers remorse.

DPP names are starting to drop, there was an article today that I couldn't get access to but when you type out in Google DPP Christian Petracca it said he has only played 20% forward which I found surprising, especially when he has only attended 60% of CBA's. There is also a picture I found that had a bunch of options, Darcy wasn't listed which was also a shock. No one really stood out for forwards other than maybe JHF and Sanders.

Quote from: arbel on April 08, 2024, 01:16:00 PMMacrae might be an option but not for a few weeks with a BE of 223 he is going to plummet in price. Bevo has just destroyed his role from last year. Making him a half forward. He is a great clearance player and 2 way runner but Bevo seems to not want him in. Thought his role was secure when Dunkley went to Brissie but year getting vest and not a good go of it is killing his potential

Being the sub on the weekend really wasn't a great sign. He is too good for the VFL as a pure mid, but doesn't seem to have a role in the Dogs senior team with Libba, Bont and Treloar being their preferred mix.

Bully

I believe Darcy is probable with 42% ruck time, would need an entire day up forward to spoil the party.

Petracca still appeals, even more so than Green, I think he has more runs on the board and is a nice POD with some chance to get DPP in the next round of calculations. If I go on a rookie blitz next round I will get Petracca after his bye and probably pass on Green for the moment. Green may yet come down, BE is 135 so even a 120 will see a discount.

I've come to the conclusion that the best strategy from here will be grabbing three mids as the next three upgrades, the sooner the better. Petracca, Green & Butters would be my picks, I don't think I will bother with fallen premos like Dawson unless it's for M9 which never really happens, 40 trades still not enough for depth trades.

Mat0369

If he wasn't looking extremely difficult to get, Luke Ryan is the guy down back to get. I'd probably go with him before another mid with the mid rookies looking okay. Finishing the backline is probably where the points are being lost and I think McKercher may be getting close to his ceiling leaving Roberts as the swing guy.

Mids there is a large group of guys that look great but they're all over 600k. Green, Libba, Trac, Butters, Serong, Neale, Rowell, Gulden and Dunkley are all having patches. I like Neale as a POD and if he wasn't subbed he could have had an even bigger score vs North.

Of the cheaper guys Oliver is the one that still stands out. Newcombe at sub 500k is a nice high standard deviation guy and JHF if he does get DPP is another

Bully

McKercher as a defender is a hold for me, I think last week was an outlier due to the smaller ground. As a mid you could mount an argument but I think he'd be ok to rotate with Roberts and provide coverage when necessary. Wilmot was super handy last season, I offloaded too quickly and was forced to buy Atkins which was a wasted trade.

If Naismith & McAuliffe are on the bubble there could be some interesting rookie dilemmas next week, Naismith is the one who could bring in some quick cash and he opens up a forward loop. Could be worth a boost but let's wait and see.

Mat0369

If McKercher is the best stepping stone to a Trac/Green he may be worth offloading in 2 to 3 weeks. Yes, it was a narrow ground, but he could also stagnate a little in the next few weeks. We get a look at him vs the Cats to see how he scores in probably a tough matchup in Geelong.

Bully

Petracca down to 620k and in freefall, might leave this one for a couple of weeks, will monitor Green and Butters for the next midfield upgrade, I think safer to go with Green but Butters might be more affordable.

Mat0369

Oliver has some dodgy ribs to go with the busted finger. He ended up playing half back in the last quarter and was hopeless defensively. It will be interesting to see what happens post bye because he is really out of form and could be an absolute bargain once he gets it together.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 12, 2024, 12:42:29 AMOliver has some dodgy ribs to go with the busted finger. He ended up playing half back in the last quarter and was hopeless defensively. It will be interesting to see what happens post bye because he is really out of form and could be an absolute bargain once he gets it together.

I think Oliver at 400k is worth considering but before diving in there would need to be at least one triple figure score. To be honest, I think I'd rather have JHF at a similar price, but I suppose if Oliver turns things around he might be worth a look.

Petracca in 3 weeks will be a very popular trade, the timing pretty good and should be cheap as chips in time for the last midfield upgrade.

Butters versus Green, that should become clearer after this round, I'm probably gravitating to Green at this stage, I think he's more of a flatliner and less likely to have a significant dip in price although I much prefer watching Butters when it comes to football artistry.

Gawn now over 700k, not sure how non owners plan on getting him in, I think it will be extremely difficult without spending a small fortune. 

Bully

Some interesting decisions coming up, I think Carroll to Graham locked, Sexton to Comben highly probable. Of the midfielders Butters and Walsh have made the biggest statements. Walsh still cheap at 575k and looked sharp for his first game back. Butters performing well but more expensive. Then there's Georgiades who could take another dead rookie off the field. I think I'll be using a boost this week whatever happens.   

Mat0369

Walsh is pushing the case to come straight into my side. He did the same thing last year though, I feel like he had a couple weeks where he was on fire when he returned from the back and then the Blues had to manage him and play him forward more while he knocked off the rust. Cerra should be back next week which also changes the rotations.

Bully

Just looking at footage of the Butters bump I'd say gone, 1 week minimum, that probably means Walsh will be the player I look at this week.