Started by Ringo, December 31, 2019, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: dmac07 on March 10, 2020, 06:22:39 PM
F3/D4

Parish/Dawson & Noble
V
Steven & Roberton
Toss a coin. Both have risks.  If Steven and Roberton can reach their previous levels then they are the obvious choice as both will be keepers. So is that risk worth taking if not go first one.

Woppa15

Quote from: IntegralX on March 10, 2020, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: Woppa15 on March 10, 2020, 11:48:56 PM
@D4 Roberton vs Noble...?
Needing to “cut some fat” in order to fit everyone in and this is one of my options.

Roberton's JS is much better than Nobles, but I think it depends on what that extra 45k unlocks for you.

Thanks Integral. I thought about this a bit overnight and I think I’ll stick with Roberton. He was my original pick so gotta to with the gut. Also, I think I’m more comfortable picking the bloke who is an established player and has the scoring history with injury/health interruption the reason for his low price, I feel it’s far less risky and speculative then trying to pick the breakout player who doesn’t have the scoring history.

IntegralX

Gawn+Greenwood+Roberton

Or

Jacobs+Walters+Hurn

tommy10

Quote from: IntegralX on March 11, 2020, 11:44:35 AM
Gawn+Greenwood+Roberton

Or

Jacobs+Walters+Hurn
1st option for me. Walters and Hurn overpriced for me and you should get them cheaper. Robbo is cheap and hard to pass up.

Pokerface

Sicily v McCluggage?

Prices the same, who scores more until the byes. Ignore structure, Houston goes in the other position.

Money Shot

Quote from: Pokerface on March 11, 2020, 09:22:54 PM
Sicily v McCluggage?

Prices the same, who scores more until the byes. Ignore structure, Houston goes in the other position.
McClugage might our score him but Sicily much more likely to be top 10.

Wanderer

Quote from: Money Shot on March 11, 2020, 09:30:39 PM
Quote from: Pokerface on March 11, 2020, 09:22:54 PM
Sicily v McCluggage?

McClugage might our score him but Sicily much more likely to be top 10.
+1, Sicily will more likely be a keeper in his position but McCluggage will score more you would think

Pokerface

Cheers Money, Wanderer. I tend to agree, though do I think McC is one of the sub 600s who could push for a top 10 this year. Hmm.

Wanderer

Quote from: Pokerface on March 11, 2020, 10:58:25 PM
Cheers Money, Wanderer. I tend to agree, though do I think McC is one of the sub 600s who could push for a top 10 this year. Hmm.
McC is more durable than some of the top 10 mids but the top 10 mids last year all averaged over 110. McC averaged 94 last year. The question is do you see him jumping 16 points in average this year? I'm guessing he could add another 10 points to his average which won't get him into top 10.

frenzy

Howe v Parish v Andy Brayshaw  for my last spot .(pending teams)

Ringo

Quote from: frenzy on March 11, 2020, 11:31:59 PM
Howe v Parish v Andy Brayshaw  for my last spot .(pending teams)
Parish for me

Ringo

One I am considering

Gawn/Steven v Jacobs/ Whitfield.

Either option 1 definite keeper and possibly 2 with Steven. Jacobs also could be if he gets back to 2014 form.

dylanclements

Quote from: Ringo on March 12, 2020, 10:34:44 AM

Either option 1 definite keeper and possibly 2 with Steven. Jacobs also could be if he gets back to 2014 form.

I'm in a similar situation, though looking at Naismith instead of Jacobs. Whitfield v Gawn is an interesting one and right now I have Whitfield.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: dylanclements on March 12, 2020, 10:56:45 AM

I'm in a similar situation, though looking at Naismith instead of Jacobs. Whitfield v Gawn is an interesting one and right now I have Whitfield.
if its just whitfield v gawn, gawn wins easily, depends where you spend the cash when you have gawn. Gawn is a better sc captain and scored 917 more sc points than whitfield last year.

dylanclements

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 12, 2020, 05:08:12 PM
Quote from: dylanclements on March 12, 2020, 10:56:45 AM

if its just whitfield v gawn, gawn wins easily, depends where you spend the cash when you have gawn. Gawn is a better sc captain and scored 917 more sc points than whitfield last year.

That's right, I should have developed that a bit more. The money is used for better back and forward rookies. More importantly for me, there is a significant opportunity cost involved in fielding the third and fourth best forward rookies this year, rather than Whitfield and the third best rookie - in other words, Naismith on field looks a lot better than e.g. King or Georgiades, who I would have to play if I had Gawn in