"injury prone"

Started by supercoachheroes, April 13, 2010, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supercoachheroes

i hate the use of this term, everyone is saying chapman is "injury prone" in the last two seasons he has played 34 out of 44 home and away games, ablett has played 37 yet he is not "injury prone" and hodge has played 36, some of his missed games may be through suspension but he has stilled only played 2 games more than chapman yet him and ablett are both in the top 5 picked players on both SC and FF

AFC12345

Ablett is the best player in sc though, you have to have him ;)

And there are equally good forwards that are cheaper than chapman who arent injury prone

supercoachheroes

they obviously arent equally as good in SC if there cheaper are they?

ossie85

It is a subjective term for sure, people have perceptions about things that aren't necessarily true.

Still, missing 10 games of 44 (and they weren't consecutive either) is concerning, compare that to say Adam Goodes who has hardly ever missed a game.

AFC12345

Quote from: supercoachheroes on April 13, 2010, 11:09:55 AM
they obviously arent equally as good in SC if there cheaper are they?
Both brown has a better average and roo was going better until he got injured :P

supercoachheroes

if 3 games makes them better is say rischitelli and barlow better than swan and selwood?

DWEBBY5

so who should i get for roo
chappy or ROK

Alex7089

well, he may not be injury prone in your books, but the way you've analyzed his matches is making us think he's fine, but you could also look at it that in his entire career he has played 22 games in a season once... History says he'll do his hammy towards SC finals as well. As for Ablett it's not that he's injury prone it's that if he has an itchy toe he'll miss 3...

korza

I dont have Chappy or Gaz but by rd 10 'd like to have both. Maybe Chappy this week for the Roo.

supercoachheroes

sorry sparky, "mate" but exactly which of my facts is wrong???

Justin Bieber

people who tend to get injured alot or who don't play a whole season often are considered injury prone.

thats why chappy, higgins and waters have been called "injury prone" often. they are risky choices but are great scorers. they have had a bad past with injuries.

injury prone is just based on their past. doesn't always tell the future but it is a good indication for a few like chappy.

SCADDICT

Looks as if Higgins is over his issues as well. This years injury prone gun(like higgins last year) will be Robbie Gray.

sparky

ah shower i got it wrong. thats embarrassing haha

Alex7089

Quote from: SCADDICT on April 14, 2010, 09:07:17 AM
Looks as if Higgins is over his issues as well. This years injury prone gun(like higgins last year) will be Robbie Gray.
Except Higgo was 200k last year...

supercoachheroes

alex im pretty sure its more than once, and hp i agree by his past he is probably more likely but i think its stupid the way people are advising to not pick him purely because he's been injured in the past.