British XV Round 1 OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by Ringo, March 21, 2016, 06:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Getting close now - Only 3 days till first lock out.

Any OOP Players are to be lodged in this thread prior to bounce of Thursday Nights game between Richmond and Carlton. If not lodged by bounce no correction will be made,

No bonus points will be awarded this season but HGA will apply to first named team each week.  HGA will be the score of lowest scoring players as per rules.

Draw for Rd 1.

Swansea Breakers v Wrexham Knights
Knights have traded well but think Breakers will still have their measure.

Bradford Badgers v Huddersfield Hawks
A heavy weight clash in the first round. Injury to Delidio may tilt scale slightly in Badgers favour but still expect a tight tussle.

Nottingham Hoods v Oxford Owls
Hoods should have too much fire power for the Owls although the absence of Sandilands on suspension may help Owls a little but they will struggle without O'Meara, Yarran and possibly Christensen.

Grope Lane Giants v Blackpool Bunnies
This will be a  real test for both teams to gauge where they are with rebuilds.  Giants have recruited well and will be looking to the hit the ground running whereas the bunnies have been hit hard by suspension of number 1 ruckman Patrick Ryder and may be forced to play a fair portion of season using OOP players. Giants favored in a tight one.

Hastings Hurricanes v Manchester Magic
Hurricanes favoured here due to the strength of their midfield of a dominant Shane Mumford who is rearing to go from Round 1, However would not want to take Magic lightly as they have the players who can make a difference on their day.

Leeds Leeches v Staines Staines
A test for the Staines to see where they are with their rebuild.  Leeches should be too strong but a win by Steins would not surprise.

Liverpool Rams v Winchester Werewolves
The return of Ablett coupled with the suspension of Heppell should see the Werewolves get over last years premiers, They would not however want to get too confident as the Rams 2nd tier players will be playing out of their skins.

Birmingham Dragons v Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs
Another close one anticipated here.  Dragons have traded well and this be a test for them. Tipping the Hedgies with not a lot of confidence.

Would ask also that you show patience as we all come to grips with using UF. Please feel free to PM GL or myself with any problems encountered. 

Good luck for the season.

GoLions

Hawks also without Beams which is unfortunate. Badgers may potentially be missing Prestia and Higgins, think everyone else is ready for round 1 8)

LF

My team is in the shower already
Shiels out for around 6
Sheed gone for 10
Sandi suspended so relying on Lycett to play
Duryea I've heard is also injured

Need team announcements to really go my way

Torpedo10

Nige

Quote from: LF on March 21, 2016, 09:57:06 PM
My team is in the shower already
Shiels out for around 6
Sheed gone for 10
Sandi suspended so relying on Lycett to play
Duryea I've heard is also injured

Need team announcements to really go my way
I hear ya.

Heppell suspended, Bennell injured, Conca injured, more still to go wrong I'm sure.  :(

JBs-Hawks

Beams   >:(
Deledio  >:(
Watson  >:(
McGlynn  >:(
Daisy  >:(

Rusty00

Well I may as well continue the theme of this thread :P

Hibberd :(
Thurlow :(
Rough :(
Zorko :(
Maric ??? Hampson ??? Brooksby ???

Might not have a ruck this week :(

Ringo

Just remember it will be a Thursday lockout for OOP players to be named.

GoLions

Are teams locked at bounce of Thursday night game, or can we name changes here on Friday?

Ringo

Locked at Bounce as per the voting, Bounce of first game.

Ringo

have just realised that UF will not allow an emergency vice captain as per our rules.  So Emergency Vice captains can be named in the weekly thread as well. Happened once last year when both C and VC were late withdrawals and No evc named so it can occur.

GoLions

We also have to name the order of our emergencies...starting to think maybe we should be naming our teams here as well haha

GoLions

BTW I'll go with Hanley as EVC.

Emergencies in order are going to be: MID, FWD, DEF, RUCK (regardless of who I choose)

nrich102

Do we even need an evc? Like how often is the c and bc not going to play?

JBs-Hawks