Main Menu

3 big outs for rest of season

Started by T Dog, August 17, 2014, 03:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Beams, Cloke, Reid out for rest of year.  :-\
Listened to Bux interview on ABC at lunchtime.

Ricochet

Well there goes all my teams with Beams out

shaker

Had brief chat with wato about this , injuries should be the last thing the Pies would be worried about that was a pathetic performance the other night , they went in without there best player and got smashed , fair enough Beams went off in the third but as for Reid being an excuse him and Brown should be put out of there misery , Buck's has a lot of hard work ahead of him apart from the obvious players there is a big void

_wato

Quote from: shaker on August 17, 2014, 08:22:59 PM
Had brief chat with wato about this , injuries should be the last thing the Pies would be worried about that was a pathetic performance the other night , they went in without there best player and got smashed , fair enough Beams went off in the third but as for Reid being an excuse him and Brown should be put out of there misery , Buck's has a lot of hard work ahead of him apart from the obvious players there is a big void

It was a pathetic performance but every team goes through these stages mate.
Reid didn't have a preseason whatsoever mate, he's been without match fitness every game so far? He was bound to do something?
And as for Brown it was unlucky but hopefully the surgery and rest will do him the best of good and he can hit next year flying.

As I told you we have the third youngest list mate, it's not all going to come in leaps and bounds? We have to cop smackings and embarrassments but in the meantime give our young kids a run and develop them as players! It would be a perfect world if we could all do what Geelong has done and rebuild at the same time as playing good footy but it doesn't always work like that..

We got rid of a lot of our burnt and dead wood at the end of last year (Jolly, Krakeour, Didak, Johnson) etc and lost Shaw while gaining a wealth of talent and top end picks that will help us in the near future. As Vin said, we aren't rebuilding but we've really bottomed out and can now charge forward with the crop of kids we have.. Our oldest players are Swan/Ball and both are only in their 30's.
Ball and Hudson will leave this year leaving us very vulnerable but also in a very unique situation.

I don't see any other team apart from the obvious (GC and GWS) with the talent we currently have and those teams definitely don't have the top end talent (Pendles, Beams, Sidey) that we CURRENTLY have.

In 5 years Collingwood will be a place everyone will want to come to just like Hawthorn is now (recycling good players).

I'm excited to see what our future holds! I'd written this year off as early as 6 weeks ago and am now worrying about next year and beyond.

Samsturmfels

We are going to get smashed in the next 2 weeks

SydneyRox

Quote from: _wato on August 17, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

I don't see any other team apart from the obvious (GC and GWS) with the talent we currently have and those teams definitely don't have the top end talent (Pendles, Beams, Sidey) that we CURRENTLY have.

Best Young top end talent??

I see your pendles 26, beams 24 and sidebottom 23 and raise you a JPK 26, Hanners 23 and Parker 21

Spite

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 17, 2014, 09:32:35 PM
Quote from: _wato on August 17, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

Best Young top end talent??

I see your pendles 26, beams 24 and sidebottom 23 and raise you a JPK 26, Hanners 23 and Parker 21

Well you'd still lose.

Pendles > JPK (maybe just equal)
Beams > Hanners (maybe just equal)
Sidebum > Parker (maybe just equal)

All numbers point to the pies boys and they have consistent years on the board (that was directed at Parker)

elephants

While we aew doing comparisons, I'm gonna make a huge call.

Buddy + Skirt > Cloke + Jesse White

:P

Capper

They are 3 massive outs for the pies. The interesting thing will be who comes in. No doubts Pendles will be one of the 3.

kilbluff1985

elephants

I actually think Sidey is underrated. When he's on he will change games completely.

_wato

You raise any three mids in the comp from the same team and I'd back Pendles, Sidey and Beams to beat them everyday of the week.

Sloane, Danger, Crouch/ Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy/ Cotch, Martin, Deledio/ Judd, Murphy, Gibbs/ JPK, Hanners, Jack/ Libba, Griffen, Boyd are the only teams of three with which I think come close at all.

Completely agree with Ele too, Sidebottom is very underrated. Hardly ever cops the tag with Pendles and Beams, and his numbers this year have been absolutely fantastic, and better than Parkers IMO. I think he has bigger room to grow too believe it or not, more upside than Parker.

_wato

Sidebottom has averaged 26.5 touches per game, 6 marks, 4 tackles and a little under a goal a game.

Parker 25.5 touches per game, 4 marks per game, 5.6 tackles per game and a goal a game.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: _wato on August 18, 2014, 12:18:01 AM
Sidebottom has averaged 26.5 touches per game, 6 marks, 4 tackles and a little under a goal a game.

Parker 25.5 touches per game, 4 marks per game, 5.6 tackles per game and a goal a game.

not everything is about stats

i rate Parker's football ability better

_wato

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 18, 2014, 12:22:07 AM
not everything is about stats

i rate Parker's football ability better

I think Parker is a gun, but I honestly believe Sidebottom has better upside, I just don't see where Parker can improve his game, he's a tough nut with good hands overhead, not really flashy at all, just grunt work around the contest, dishes it out, not very quick and doesn't have the best kick going around

Whereas Sidebottom has the pace and skill set, if he can add the tough contested style to his play he can be an absolute jet

I still remember the day that Sidebottom kicked 10 in the TAC cup grand final, was mental and shows his ability around goals