Main Menu

Clarko

Started by Ricochet, April 26, 2015, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Talk on twitter that Clarkson punch a fan last night after being harrassed by a group of them. Apparently they were pissed, and asked for a photo, but went over the top after that. Guess we'll know more later today

Big Mac

They had video of it on Game day

A port fan was asking Clarko how the win was and getting in his space

Clarko just shoved him away - not much in it imo

Big Mac

It raises questions about the lack of security more than anything

Kellogscrunchynut

They guy got what he was asking for, what a tool.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 26, 2015, 11:49:16 AM

and

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on April 26, 2015, 01:36:45 PM
They guy got what he was asking for, what a tool.

Nige

Yep exactly what Mac and KCN said.

Clarko was clearly provoked.

Mr.Craig

Raises questions about how many dickheads are in Adelaide.

RaisyDaisy

Take away the fact that he is an AFL coach

If some White Goodman was provoking me like that and I retaliated it wouldn't be a problem

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 26, 2015, 07:59:18 PM

Raises questions about how many dickheads are in Adelaide.

Bit harsh mate, yeh we have our share no question but this could happen anywhere really.
I really don't understand Clarko's decision to walk to the hotel instead of board the bus with the players.
The potential for these kind of incidents to happen are huge when you have drunk footy fans sharing the same walk.
Yes i agree he should be able to in a perfect world but we don't live in a perfect world, i think both the fan and Clarko went to far in all honesty and i know i may get shouted down because of that comment but it's how i see it, in saying that if i was Clarko and in his position after a loss i reckon i would of reacted also in a similar way even though it wouldn't of been the right thing to do but im only human to, sounds hypocritical i know.
Clarko should never of been allowed to put himself in that position somebody should of said i know you want to walk mate but you can't it's just to big a risk it only takes one idiot and there's trouble.
Put ourselves in Clarko's place as the coach of Hawthorn, would we really think it's a good idea to walk from the ground to our hotel i seriously doubt to many of us would think it was.

kilbluff1985

at interstate games they often walk back to the hotel if it's close

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 27, 2015, 03:59:32 PM
at interstate games they often walk back to the hotel if it's close

This shocks me to be honest mate, the potential for what happened on Saturday night is massive. Footy fans + alcohol is a bad mix regardless of what state you are playing in. It's just not a good idea i feel.

RaisyDaisy

If a coach cant go for a walk then that's flowered

The idiot even had his mate filming it - they were clearly looking for a reaction and got one

Clarko should be allowed to walk anywhere he wants, just like all of us, and he shouldn't have to put up with that BS, just like any of us

Grazz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 27, 2015, 10:57:30 PM
If a coach cant go for a walk then that's flowered

The idiot even had his mate filming it - they were clearly looking for a reaction and got one

Clarko should be allowed to walk anywhere he wants, just like all of us, and he shouldn't have to put up with that BS, just like any of us

I agree mate he should be able to without any fear to his person what so ever but this is not the world we live in it's the world we would all like to live in. How many players run into trouble when out and about through no fault of their own because some knob wants to take a scalp, look at what recently happened to Judd trying to eat his fish and chips in Carlton , some drunk wants to have a crack at him.
If you are any kind of celebrity be it television media footballer etc you are like it or not a target for any d*#khead wanting to make a hero out of himself. Sadly this is the world we live in today and as much as i like and respect Clarko it was a mistake and any coach that walks from a ground to a hotel is simply tempting fate as sooner or later he is going to cross paths with some idiot supporter that will escalate it into a bad situation to be in.  I feel for Clarko and Judd and all the players with the crap they have to put up with it's not good enough it shouldn't happen but it does and probably will continue as there are just to many idiots across this country. For a coach to walk from the ground is a dumb idea no matter how you look at it in this day and age and thats just the plain truth, you are inviting trouble pure and simple and thats truely a sad indictment on today's society but that is the world we live in now RD not the world we want but the world we have.

Capper

Knowing what the angry ant can do, that guy is lucky. We all know what Clarko can do to a wall

tbagrocks

Glenelg, South Australian and Adelaide Crows Coaching legend Graham Cornes on 5AA

"I would have pushed him vigorously, I wouldn'tve punched him. But I would definitely have Pushed him vigorously"

So Studly Cornes says he would've done the same thing to that drunking lout Port Supporter  :P

Memo to supporter, don't get in my way this week mate ;)