EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: NigeyS on July 25, 2013, 08:14:02 PM
Quote from: Jukes on July 25, 2013, 08:04:36 PM
How is my side looking? Haven't put that much into it yet.

Stekelenburg (Vorm)
Mertesacker, Luiz, Baines (Garrido, Baker)
Snodgrass, Mata, Wanyama, Coutinho (Colback)
van Wolfswinkel, RVP, Anelka

Starting Anelka, brave man.

#YOLO

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on July 25, 2013, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on July 25, 2013, 08:14:02 PM
Quote from: Jukes on July 25, 2013, 08:04:36 PM
How is my side looking? Haven't put that much into it yet.

Stekelenburg (Vorm)
Mertesacker, Luiz, Baines (Garrido, Baker)
Snodgrass, Mata, Wanyama, Coutinho (Colback)
van Wolfswinkel, RVP, Anelka

Starting Anelka, brave man.

#YOLO

Can't believe you actually said that, but because it's your birthday, I'll let it slide.  :P

CrowsFan

One name who I haven't seen mentioned at all, but someone I will almost certainly be starting with (before I do my research in to incoming players) is Adam Johnson. Relatively cheap and scores goals and gets assists, but haven't seen any of you mention him once...

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 25, 2013, 09:52:34 PM
One name who I haven't seen mentioned at all, but someone I will almost certainly be starting with (before I do my research in to incoming players) is Adam Johnson. Relatively cheap and scores goals and gets assists, but haven't seen any of you mention him once...

Hmmmmm...

I would have to get over my inherent mistrust of Sunderland in general to perform consistently, but they do have a great early fixture CF!

Nige

One guy I might put in my team is Modibo Diakite from Sunderland.

elephants

Johnson has a brutal early draw..

timmyparso

Chelsea and Aston Villa have double game week for week 1.

With Villa up against Chelsea and Arsenal, is it even worth chasing Villa players just for the double gameweek?

Tominator

Benteke for the first GW?

Chelsea and Arsenal might be hard to score against

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on July 26, 2013, 11:05:42 AM

I had all ready planned for this  8)

Bent eke is the only option worth considering from Villa for mine.

Tominator

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 26, 2013, 01:01:56 PM

is he better than van wolf or Bony?

And will Van Wolf suffer with Gary Hooper at Norwich?

Mr. Smith

Not really sure if Benteke is a viable option even if he is the obvious Villa choice. 3 games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool before Villa have GW3 off. Tough start!!

I think I'll be taking my chances on 3 Chelsea players to hopefully ensure a fast start. Going with 3 Chelsea + Benteke makes it a little too hard to get an effective GW3 team unless 4 point hits are taken or WC is used.

I'd say Hazard is a lock for most teams, I'll certainly be putting the C on him because he is the most likely of who I'm looking at starting to play both games. Cech will probably be considered by most because he's nailed, but I like Hart in goals with City's great early season fixtures.
Lukaku is in great preseason form and is likely to start at least the Hull game, with Torres away on Spanish duty prior to the season kicking off. He's a bargain at 8m.
Terry is the other Chelsea player I'd like to start, just to combat those going with Cech, but also having the opportunity to maybe snag a goal too.

It's going to be a gamble running 3 because of all the options Mourinho has at his disposal, hopefully he gives away a bit of his plans over the rest of the friendly games.

timmyparso

Benteke against his 2 opponents in week 1 may not even score. I think many coach's wlil pick him anyway then dump him before week 3 when he has no game, this will cause him to drop in price, especially if coach's get annoyed if he doesn't perform.

Does anyone know how he's been playing in the friendly's?

elephants

Not touching any Villa players haha. Makes my Chelsea boys + Rooney (;)) appeal more though!

Mr. Smith

Quote from: elephants on July 26, 2013, 01:55:04 PM
Not touching any Villa players haha. Makes my Chelsea boys + Rooney (;)) appeal more though!

That's one thing I have been thinking of doing too.

Hypothetically Rooney goes to Chelsea?
How do you go about it though? I gather you can't make any changes to your team because I'd imagine being told that you've picked too many players from the one team (once Rooney's team changes from ManU > Chelsea). Would changing a captain have the same effect?
Just have to be careful that you have decided on your completed team for this to be a nice bonus if you were going to pick 3 and Rooney. Obviously the first transfer a team in this situation would be looking to make would be a Chelsea transfer anyway so being forced to do it doesn't matter  ;D

Tominator

if Rooney goes to Chelsea I am jumping on

Already got Luiz and Hazard, considering Mata for that first week too but new manager makes me a bit unsure, Schurrle is also in my considerations