a place to vent

Started by alman, March 29, 2010, 11:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sangas

Players we chose for this round that did not prove to be good picks are not a total loss. There is every chance they will do better in round 2. It is only round 1, at least give them another chance. Most players are finding their feet again as the new season begins.

Alex7089

Yeah, when you get addicted to things you tend to get very agitated when you are cut off/doesn't go to plan, understanding why we are annoyed, most of us spent over a month doing research, reading inside sources, crunching numbers and reading about NAB form.

Pommy

Agreed and I did the very same research mate. Correct, 2348 players went 'up' for me.... However I also had a few 'downs'.

Torress

a place to vent aye??
well i'm feeling cool i got 2258 - lol but that held me @ 12000 and something overall???!!!
malceski hurt - but still happy with kennelly
expensive players also let me down - if these guys performed prob could of had atleast another 100 points. ala NDS pendles, chappy. but still rookies look good - don't have trengrove which feels great and 1st year in a while that i have not started with newman and very happy this year about that!!!!!!!!
i'm very happy, solid start

wish for hope

i scored 2,173 and i forgot to pick a captain!
i guess that stuff happens when your a first time supercoacher?
i would of had selwood as captain giving me around 2,300.
damb! >:(

alman

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 30, 2010, 01:42:50 AM
I started Gumby over Hitchy.
I had Hille (missing 2 games most likely)
I had Harbrow (nuff said)
I had NDS (Kirk has me annoyed now)
I had Chappy (WTF he played so well, long kicks onto forwards chest and his SC sucked?)
I had Bock (nuff said)
I had Watson (Ling you RANGA)
I am very annoyed at all of these VERY low scores from VERY expensive players, had they all scored what they should've I WOULD'VE BEEN FINE

I hear ya!

Alex7089

Yeah he is bound to be annoying everybody all season, taking the biggest scalps in the league, it's why Geelong is like poison in fantasy terms

alman

Hoping for Watson to have a massive one this week. Had the money to get a more expensive player but stayed with Watson - would love to see him increase his average!

Alex7089

Yeah I was hoping as well, I chose him over Griffin/Gibbs at different points, and so far I'm not very happy, but ah well he'll come through.
Not the captain of the best club in the world for no reason 'eh?

mjpaps

My team is quite solid atm.
I got 2250, if I chose the correct combo this week I would have cleared 2500.
I have had Harry the last few years. I know he doesn't usually score that well, but he's bulked up alot this year.
He will provide great run off the half backline...He looks primed.
WHY did I trade out Harry b4 the start for Kennelly.   >:(
Dont get me wrong, Kennelly didnt play badly (infact he had a great 1st game back). Griffen was disappointing this week. Oh well.
All my kids played bar 2...Still cant believe Rockliff & Pods didn't get the nod

Is anyone thinking of doing any trades this week? Or waiting till after round 2...

Let the fun begin ey...

Justin Bieber

after round 2 for me. doubt i will use 2 trades but depends if 1 or 2 of my rookies get dropped.

Alex7089

Thinking that my trades willnot be as safe as they were last year at this time.
Last year I didn't trade until round 6 although I think this year I might've mad 2 trades by then.

Patrician

My biggie was chosing Mitchell for Captain. If I had gone for my other two close picks (Swan or Riewoldt) I would be many points up.

I also lost out as Gray didn't play. My emergency, Rockliff, also didn't play, so only had 21 scoring players  >:(...still, got 2204, so I'm pretty happy.

Alex7089

Had you picked Roo and Hitchy instead you would've scored like almost 2400.

MC

Quote from: alman on March 29, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
This is a place where you can vent all your mistakes for the round (or gloat if you made non):

For me it was a case of Trengove starting over Barlow (cost me 101 points) and Hitch over Gumby (cost me 57 points), why why why didn't I just go with who performed better in the nab! Had no reason to choose the others.. Cost me all up 158 points  :'(

Same, trengove on field with barlow emergency, and gumby emergency started for gray with hitchy just sitting there looking on... BIG FAIL!