Main Menu

MID Structures

Started by POK252, October 07, 2012, 09:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, L. Ball, T. Menzel, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (O. Wines, J. Viney)

Loving life, baby!

The_Captain

Quote from: stew42 on December 04, 2012, 10:25:06 PM
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, L. Ball, T. Menzel, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (O. Wines, J. Viney)

Loving life, baby!

Seems to be the norm structure there mate! Looks good!!

Justin Bieber

Andrew

It's 4-2-4 for me:

Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Brent Stanton, Marc Murphy, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley, Oliver Wines, Anthony Morabito
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Troy Menzel the only other rookie I'm interested in, but I'll squeeze him into the forward line if he looks like a lock.

Embley is as much of a lock as Ball. Between 2008-2011, he didn't average under 87 and missed only 5 games in total (2 games missed in 2010, only 1 game missed in the other seasons). And despite the howler in the semi-final, he still scored 93 against Collingwood and scored well the previous 2 weeks previous to that.

But yeah, I'll lock both Ball & Embley in, great value, why risk an unknown rookie when you know these guys?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Andrew on December 10, 2012, 07:25:27 PM
It's 4-2-4 for me:

Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Brent Stanton, Marc Murphy, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley, Oliver Wines, Anthony Morabito
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Troy Menzel the only other rookie I'm interested in, but I'll squeeze him into the forward line if he looks like a lock.

Embley is as much of a lock as Ball. Between 2008-2011, he didn't average under 87 and missed only 5 games in total (2 games missed in 2010, only 1 game missed in the other seasons). And despite the howler in the semi-final, he still scored 93 against Collingwood and scored well the previous 2 weeks previous to that.

But yeah, I'll lock both Ball & Embley in, great value, why risk an unknown rookie when you know these guys?
I like this. Take out Stanton for Cotchin and you have my midfield with the new structure. And take out Mora, very nice and good logic.

essendon2

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 07, 2012, 09:55:38 PM
I'll be going 4/4 but if the forward and back rookies don't come along then I might be tempted into 3/5. Doubt very highly I'll pick a mid-pricer but we'll see.
+1 this is a really good point.
I've always started with 5 guns, and i've been top 1k after the first 10 rounds, but since my DEF was weak and my Rookies ended up getting rested so couldn't upgrade them.
I think this year I'm going to go 4-4 and have 5 guns in FWD and 4 guns in DEF. I won't start strongly, but i'll come home like a steam train

Mr.Craig

I've softened my stance since then, first picking Ball and now replacing him with Embley. Four mid rookies onfield is probably a bit too risky and 5 premiums would start to eat away at my forward and back depth.

My structure as of today is - 4/0/2/2 - 4/1/4/1 - 1/1/2/0 - 5/0/2/1 = 14/2/10/4. I think it's a good mix of scorers and money makers.

stew42

5/0/2/1 - 4/1/3/2 - 1/1/1/1 - 3/2/3/0 = 13/4/9/4

But the midpricers in the fwds are Sylvia and Cloke :)
So basically stacked fwds and backs, but still have 4.5 premos in my mids  ;D