Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2011

Started by nick1408, January 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick1408

4th Mock Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by nick1408. Salary cap left: $18,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brady Rawlings, Brett Deledio, Jeremy Laidler, Andy Otten, Seb Tape
Jake Batchelor, Ben Jacobs, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Joel Selwood, Andrew Swallow, Shaun Grigg, David Swallow
Nathan Foley, Mitchell Wallis, Joshua Green

Mark Seaby, Drew Petrie
Max Bailey, Zac Smith

Paul Chapman, Ryan O'Keefe, Nick Riewoldt, Mitch Morton, Travis Varcoe, Chris Knights, Isaac Smith
Jack Darling, Andrew Krakouer, Tendai Mzungu

This is where I'm at right now.  As you can see my extra money goes straight into my midfield.  This is also my fourth attempt at a team this season.   I can post the rest, it just involves more than copy and paste so if you do want to see how I got here just ask and I will post.

nick1408

I am not too keen on captains being in my side.  Now that Boyd is leading the dogs I may need to re-think his selection

*Edit*

This is my Boyd-less team at the moment:

5th Mock Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by nick1408. Salary cap left: $13,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brady Rawlings, Brett Deledio, Jeremy Laidler, Andy Otten, Seb Tape
Ben Jacobs, Jake Batchelor, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Scott Pendlebury, Andrew Swallow, Shaun Grigg, David Swallow

Drew Petrie, Zac Smith
Max Bailey, Mark Seaby

Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Mitch Morton, Travis Varcoe, Chris Knights, Andrew Krakouer, Isaac Smith
Jack Darling, Tendai Mzungu, Colin Sylvia

eggzmen

on the bargain rucks topic, would you consider cameroon wood from collingwood? played only 4 games last year but in 2009 played 11 and had an average of 72. and under 200K yes no?

nick1408

I would, but I don't think he will score high enough.  It also limits your Collingwood players in other positions as I am trying to have no more than three players from one team.  Also, Wood will have problems getting into the side

nick1408

4th Mock Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by nick1408. Salary cap left: $12,000.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brady Rawlings, Brett Deledio, Jeremy Laidler, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Peter Faulks, Jake Batchelor, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Leigh Montagna, Joel Selwood, Andrew Swallow, Shaun Grigg, David Swallow

Mark Seaby, Drew Petrie
Max Bailey, Zac Smith

Paul Chapman, Ryan O'Keefe, Nick Riewoldt, Mitch Morton, Travis Varcoe, Chris Knights, Isaac Smith
Jack Darling, Andrew Krakouer, Luke Tapscott

This is what I have entered so far.  The only positions I am really looking at potentially changing are Tapscott, Seaby (depending on pre-season) and Batchelor due to having five tigers.

Right now my bye conflicts are as follows:

Forwards: 3 conflicts in round 5, 3 in 6

Rucks: None

Midfield: 3 in round 4

Defence: None.

Basically, the conflicts are if there are three players with byes in the same round before round 11.  Planning for conflicts after then (and much past about round 6) is too hard and also pointless as an injury or form will throw out all planning.

If these conflicts concern me I can move Tapscott and Green out of my side, but it will depend on rookie upgrades and NAB Cup form.  These two players will be the first two moved out in any case of change in my side.

As for the round six conflict, I may just ride this one out and hope for the best.

glam77

no thought of Trengove from Port? $219k
will get plenty of game time swapping between ruck and the back lines.

Fletch74

Quote from: glam77 on February 04, 2011, 10:41:44 AM
no thought of Trengove from Port? $219k
will get plenty of game time swapping between ruck and the back lines.
He won't be damaging enough around the grounds yet. He needs more time to develop.

nick1408

To be honest, I did think of him, and I think he will be on the improve.  He is another option for the Seaby spot but I would like to see some big pre-season scores before picking him.

Flame

Hey Nick

No Sandi???

I was keen on Seaby last yr and had him from the start but not so keen now!! I'll have a cheap/mid-ranger ruck to go with Sandi but now sure who yet.

Good luck with the squad!!

Cicjose

if you going the bargain ruck you need to pick from teams with weak rucks like Hawks and Melbourne

nick1408

I am keeping an eye on Robert Campbell.  He could prove a bargain if Jamar goes down.  If not, I can't see him playing.

Hawthorn have Hale and Bailey who are both on the radar (Bailey is on my bench at this point in time)

nick1408

Quote from: Flame on February 05, 2011, 09:05:10 PM
Hey Nick

No Sandi???

I was keen on Seaby last yr and had him from the start but not so keen now!! I'll have a cheap/mid-ranger ruck to go with Sandi but now sure who yet.

Good luck with the squad!!

I never go for the top ruck.  The links below explain why.  When Cox was on top I didn't pick him first up either.  Even payed off the season he got injured as it hit a lot of teams hard.  The points sacrificed are more than made up in the midfield.  The problem with rucks is there is only ever one or two 100-raters.  Midfielders are dime-a-dozen for 100-110 raters.  Rucks are far more inconsistant I feel as well.  One week your second ruck may get 70, the next, 30.  I would rather a solid 50-55 points each and every week backed up with the spare cash in midfield that an inconsistant ruck who you are not sure what he will score.

All theory though.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,895.0.html
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,5852.0.html

Flame

I know your strategy nick..just stirring..I am looking at Campbell as well..but I will take sandi 100 average any day.

glam77

Quote from: nick1408 on February 04, 2011, 04:56:41 PM
To be honest, I did think of him, and I think he will be on the improve.  He is another option for the Seaby spot but I would like to see some big pre-season scores before picking him.

Apparently Lobbe and his dislocated shoulder will have him out for up to 10 weeks (so the radio said last nigth)

Leaves Brogan as primary ruck, changing with Trengove off half back.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: nick1408 on January 16, 2011, 06:10:05 PM
A reason I have steered away from Fraser is due to me having Zac Smith lined up as a bench ruck.  Part of this setup is to have all four playing so you need to select bench rucks who are playing.  Zac Smith seems like the most likely to get a game to me out of all the new rucks

Fo sure... Zac Smith over Fraser any day of the week this yr