Just a quick question or two:

How do u make those yellow drop down boxes,

and where do u enter the prices etc??

thanks again,
oh and i attatched mine so u can have a look and maybe get some ideas :D

Master Q

Quote from: nick1408 on April 06, 2010, 03:39:13 AM
Can you eloborate a touch more Q?
Well you said something about more ideas etc... Well instead of making one huge excel you could split them? EG... Score Prediction etc?

nick1408

At the moment I have current price and breakevens on one page and a graphs, scores etc on another.  This is to keep all the information on screen on a 19 inch widescreen monitor.

Is that what you meant?

Paddy13

yeah! how did u make those yellow drop down boxes??

ie, the one with all the players in it, and the one with the rounds in it!

nick1408

Go to the data menu, click data validation and select data validation, change the list box to "list", input the data in the calls that you want in the list (in my case, the list of names) and click ok.  The yellow cell is just fill yellow

Paddy13

Quote from: nick1408 on April 06, 2010, 08:11:03 AM
Go to the data menu, click data validation and select data validation, change the list box to "list", input the data in the calls that you want in the list (in my case, the list of names) and click ok.  The yellow cell is just fill yellow
ok, do u have to make a graph first?

MissPiesFF

The 2007 excel is a very different in terms of menu's etc than 2003...just have a look at a few tutorials Paddy you will pick up the jist of it. As for forumlas etc it is all the same when entering info. Wait I lie. There are about 2-3 forumlas that have changes since the 2003 excel.

nick1408

Quote from: Paddy13 on April 07, 2010, 12:19:20 PM

no, no graphs first.  the graphing is done with hidden vlookup and hlookup formulas. 

nick1408

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 07, 2010, 12:23:47 PM
The 2007 excel is a very different in terms of menu's etc than 2003...just have a look at a few tutorials Paddy you will pick up the jist of it. As for forumlas etc it is all the same when entering info. Wait I lie. There are about 2-3 forumlas that have changes since the 2003 excel.

There are a few new formulas too.  Averageif was not in Excel 2003 (thus why this sheet will not work in that version)

Paddy13

Quote from: nick1408 on April 08, 2010, 07:54:01 AM

no, no graphs first.  the graphing is done with hidden vlookup and hlookup formulas.

haha ok then i have got no idea what to do with that now!
my spreadsheet is now 7 pages...

take a look!

numberwang

nice work, but i think mines better :P

thanks for sharing though

nick1408

Quote from: Paddy13 on April 08, 2010, 09:24:34 AM
Quote from: nick1408 on April 08, 2010, 07:54:01 AM

haha ok then i have got no idea what to do with that now!
my spreadsheet is now 7 pages...

take a look!

All I can do is suggest you download the latest sheet located in the opening post.  I think a lot of what you are after is located in it

Paddy13

nick i just thought i would tell you that your B/E formula isnt quite right!

you say enrights b/e is 82 but its actually 100 and so on!

ur sheet rocks though!

nick1408

Quote from: Paddy13 on April 09, 2010, 01:43:23 AM
nick i just thought i would tell you that your B/E formula isnt quite right!

you say enrights b/e is 82 but its actually 100 and so on!

ur sheet rocks though!

Yeah, I souldn't work out what the formula was so it is a bit out.  Once I get the correct formula I will update.  It may just be that my magic number is a bit out

Fletch74

Nick and Paddy, I've taken both your sheets and created my own to work on. They were both fantastic. Thanks  ;D