Bully's Boys 2022

Started by Bully, March 12, 2022, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 14, 2022, 10:52:51 AM
What if you dumped Butters next week in a correction trade and then looked to bring in English the week after by going one up and one down?

To be honest I'm at peace with Butters, I see him as a KP forward in midfielders clothing, someone who can be  a weapon at F7.
He's the type you go sniffing for late in the season.

I may even offload one of McCartin or De Koning but I had planned to keep them over the bye period.

Hopefully one of Petracca or Brayshaw is still in the frame, otherwise I'll have to make further scarifices or perhaps go double down next week and grab Buku.

Mat0369

English to miss again next week! What a disaster he has been over the last month

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 14, 2022, 12:43:53 PM
English to miss again next week! What a disaster he has been over the last month

Yeah, plenty still holding, it's always a difficult call when you are dealing with the top ranked forward. He's still on my radar but after the byes I think.

I have 1 hour to decide whether to reverse my Rioli trade and grab the cheaper Hamilton but gut says grab Rioli who will score better over the byes.

Dmoney$

Quote from: Bully on May 14, 2022, 12:46:43 PM

Yeah, plenty still holding, it's always a difficult call when you are dealing with the top ranked forward. He's still on my radar but after the byes I think.

I have 1 hour to decide whether to reverse my Rioli trade
and grab the cheaper Hamilton but gut says grab Rioli who will score better over the byes.

Mate I am going through the exact same dilemma, who is due to come back in the coming weeks for GWS and could push Hamilton out?
Job security is going to have to help make my decision

Bully

Quote from: Dmoney$ on May 14, 2022, 12:59:44 PM
Quote from: Bully on May 14, 2022, 12:46:43 PM

I have 1 hour to decide whether to reverse my Rioli trade
and grab the cheaper Hamilton but gut says grab Rioli who will score better over the byes.

Mate I am going through the exact same dilemma, who is due to come back in the coming weeks for GWS and could push Hamilton out?
Job security is going to have to help make my decision

GWS are unpredictable when it comes to rookies, I think Rioli Jnr has cemented his spot, particularly with Dan Rioli moving back.

The extra preseason also a factor, he looks AFL ready which means he'll be a stayer as the season progresses, good swingman to have.

Mat0369

I went with Hamilton due to his role. I have been burnt all year picking small forwards. It's a volatile position. You can't trust them on field and the cash gen can stop real quickly. Hamilton has been playing at HB which means easier touches and hopefully a higher floor

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 14, 2022, 01:57:02 PM
I went with Hamilton due to his role. I have been burnt all year picking small forwards. It's a volatile position. You can't trust them on field and the cash gen can stop real quickly. Hamilton has been playing at HB which means easier touches and hopefully a higher floor

Fair enough, it's a tight call but I like MJ's chances of longevity at tad bit more, so much so I'm willing to give up my chances of securing Bont next week.

Could be genius or could be my worst decision of the year,  just have to wait and see.

Bully

Not looking good early days, oh dear!

Bully

Butters spending stupid amounts of time on the bench again, I'm convinced his performance is more about the coaching to be honest.

Bully

Well, what can I say? Rioli has made a fool out of me, this season just gets worse & worse.

Bully

Just going over my 50/50 screw ups this year, it's been one disaster after the other, MJ another to add to the list.

Hall over Docherty
Titch over anyone
holding English for 2 weeks
Butters over Heeney

I think it's fair to say I have the Minus Touch, given my season is now officially shot to bits I'll challenge myself to break any player in the league.

Look out for next week & don't get the player I select!!!

Bully

Relton Roberts MKII

My bad, I feel like an idiot but 7 is something I never anticipated, a 30 or 40, perfectly acceptable but that is trash of the highest order.
Too late for a rage trade and I'll console myself given he made a quick 50k, the score onfield as I didn't take the 40 from McComb.

There are times when you want to scream and smash things but that happened last week so I'm all out of rage, just numb marveling at my ability to break players.

Ringo

Not Robinson Crusoe there.  I had him on field for his 7 points. Should have taken McCombs 41.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on May 14, 2022, 05:37:55 PM
Not Robinson Crusoe there.  I had him on field for his 7 points. Should have taken McCombs 41.

Think you have to roll the dice with 40 scores, I'm not sure I would change my loophole parameters, I'm more angry about not taking Hamilton.

Bully

Steele out with a shoulder injury, will be insanely cheap now.