Bully's Boys 2022

Started by Bully, March 12, 2022, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Teakle named this week, I'm pleased I jumped on early, rucks looking really strong despite the loss of Gawn.

Bully

Bit of an internet stir about trading Brodie so I figured I would give you some of my rationale.

Brodie's dream team scores & SC scores are in marked contrast, usually with his SC scores being substantially higher. This is in part due to clearances which will no doubt fall with Fyfe in the centre square.

Given Brodie only registered 1 clearance last week his score plummeted, although this was also due to DE, I think the clearances should ring some alarm bells.

Small sample size granted, but given Brodie is now more expensive than Parker & Libba the risk is minimal because either of those two can do the job & perhaps do it better.

The fact that Brodie always spends extended time on the bench could see him throw in the odd mare or two, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already to be honest.

If people are using Brodie to grab a 115 guy then that's a 10 point improvement plus you get the additional game, this also assumes Brodie will continue with his 105 average.

Finally, I wouldn't even rule him out with my final upgrade, he's still a candidate but being fully priced I think it's prudent to shift those funds into a safe haven like Laird.

Bully

Pretty good bye campaign, ranked around the 2k mark so moving in the right direction, happy with the team, although trades now become precious.

Butters is the big concern, 2 weeks not overly long but I'm wondering if it's a good move to grab the 6th ranked forward, make some additional cash and upgrade Ridley to Stewart next week.

How long can I survive with 1 trade? I'm thinking I should just go for it & if the holes start appearing then so be it.

Mat0369

McCartin could be huge in the long run. He can cover across all lines if you do cop a 1 or 2 week injury using a variety of DPP swings. I think you're in a fortunate situation and can afford to take the risk.

Bully

I think it's worth it, like you said, if I cop a hammie or concussion I can swing McCartin in there, I'm hoping my last trade survives until finals time.

My big regret is not having Parker but he requires 2 trades & I feel Heeney represents pretty good value & Stewart almost a must down back.

I was in this position last year, fell from 17 to 500 odd in the final 6 weeks so I know the risks, I went a good month with a rookie at f6 (Ginivan from memory).

The extra 5 trades have helped but it just means people upgrade quicker, luck plays a huge part from here, the winner often is tradeless in the final few rounds.

Bully

The Butters prognosis much better than I expected, could be a one week injury, but that leaves me short on $$ for the Stewart trade.

Not sure at this stage, would have to field Rioli or Clarke for a week (in addition McCartin). My other concern is Butters being eased back via the forward line, this is very Hinkley-eque.

Bully

Solution I think will have to be some loopholing, I'll grab a 60+ score from Rioli/Clarke, if it's horrendous I'll grab Heeney.

Can afford Stewart with any score under 120 & Ridley needs to score at least 80, these results come prior to the Heeney game so at least I'll get my cues.

Mat0369

In an ideal world you could hold Butters and save the trade. I think we need to use them sparingly heading into July. There will be some mass outs and coverage/trades will be a premium

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 24, 2022, 12:12:20 AM
In an ideal world you could hold Butters and save the trade. I think we need to use them sparingly heading into July. There will be some mass outs and coverage/trades will be a premium

For sure, I think I can cop a rookie score this week, it's still only June, sometimes you get caught up in the trade frenzy and forget the fact there's a truckload of footy to be played.

Still very keen on Stewart however, I'm hoping the cards fall in the right place, I'm willing to carry the remaining 2 trades right up until finals time if I can stitch him up with one trade.

Bully

Having a bad round but at least I dodged the Stewart bullet, sickened by that incident & I hope he cops 4 weeks on the sidelines, cost Richmond the points in the wash-up.

Rookies did ok, 65 & 51 not terrible considering the fact Heeney produced a mare.

Still have my 3 trades intact so I suppose a par week isn't catastrophic, Parker is coming down in price, he's on the radar, might have to build on Hough now that McCartin is throwing up sub 60 scores.

Ringo

Not the only one having a mare. Hobbs and Clarke combining for 61 (35 + 26) not helping if relying on them as I am.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2022, 07:32:31 AM
Not the only one having a mare. Hobbs and Clarke combining for 61 (35 + 26) not helping if relying on them as I am.

I believe English is back but Butters still uncertain, still a good chance I'll be fielding another rookie, I'm hoping Cleary finally gets the call as well, if he doesn't replace Richards then he's toast I would think.

Bully

Bugger, no English, Butters doubtful, looks like I'm going in with 2 rookies again.

Ringo

Quote from: Bully on June 28, 2022, 01:39:16 PM
Bugger, no English, Butters doubtful, looks like I'm going in with 2 rookies again.
Join the club - Still contemplating whether to do Butters to Bont or a left field Butters to Liam Baker for a few $ more keeping cash for other upgrades.

coglan13

English was always expected to miss the 2 weeks.