AXVS: DELISTINGS / RETIREMENTS / FA MOVES / TRADES (2013/2014)

Started by Colliwobblers, September 05, 2013, 02:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Shouldnt delistings be after the drafts so we know who gets picked up?

nostradamus

**pending updated delisting list here......waiting on a late trade proposal in light of the trade deadline extension

Noz

nostradamus

Quote from: Noz on November 18, 2013, 05:22:13 PM
Isn't the deadline for delistings on the 19th?

l hope you're right......my brain is a bit scrambled at the moment

Memphistopheles

Quote from: nostradamus on November 18, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

All AXVS Clubs must announce in this thread or via PM to administrators their delistings for BOTH lists by midnight AEST November 19th 2013.

The TRADE deadline was today.

nostradamus

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 18, 2013, 05:27:17 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 18, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

All AXVS Clubs must announce in this thread or via PM to administrators their delistings for BOTH lists by midnight AEST November 19th 2013.

The TRADE deadline was today.

cool

Ricochet

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ricochet on November 18, 2013, 05:29:17 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 18, 2013, 04:37:37 PM
Shouldnt delistings be after the drafts so we know who gets picked up?

NO.

we are as much like the AFL as we can be, and that is not how it works in the AFL.

you take a gamble on either keeping a player who has been delisted and hoping he gets picked up. (if not you delist him after trade period 2 and get a compo pick from the remaining player pool.

or you can delist him ahead of the drafts and if he gets picked up you can try to draft him in our rookie/presesaon draft. or just draft a replacement for him.

Delistings come before drafts. Always will.

Colliwobblers

@ KOOP - just post the FINAL COMPLETE LIST of your delistings before the deadline and I will adjust anything you have changed.

but POST THE COMPLETE FINAL LIST - please , dont just say what you change.

@ JB - same as what I said above to Rico.

The AFL doesn't draft then delist nor do we. You need to make room on your list to draft. You don't have to delist if you don't want to but you can't draft players in excess of your list caps.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 18, 2013, 06:33:28 PM
@ KOOP - just post the FINAL COMPLETE LIST of your delistings before the deadline and I will adjust anything you have changed.

The AFL doesn't draft then delist nor do we. You need to make room on your list to draft. You don't have to delist if you don't want to but you can't draft players in excess of your list caps.

Yea but we have to pick what the AFL draft, what if I want to try and keep Wangeneen. Do I keep him on my list and if he doesnt get picked up he just sits on my list for a whole year in name only? We csnt exactly be like the afl in this as they can pick whoever they likehowever we are restricted to afl listed players only.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 18, 2013, 06:53:17 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 18, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

Yea but we have to pick what the AFL draft, what if I want to try and keep Wangeneen. Do I keep him on my list and if he doesnt get picked up he just sits on my list for a whole year in name only? We csnt exactly be like the afl in this as they can pick whoever they likehowever we are restricted to afl listed players only.

I understand JB but to delist after the drafts is a far different scenario than the difference you point out. And we did commit to making this competition more than just another fantasy footy game.

List management is an integral and important part of this competition, we want it to have the feel of you running a football club, not just adding up 15 players points each season.

In answer to your question on wangeneen, you can hold him, if he does not get picked up you can delist him / have to delist him, after trade period #2 and then you get a compo pick for him from the remaining player pool.

Same as last season where after drafting then trading we had to delist players that were delisted and not picked up and take compo picks.

It is a risk for you but one you have to make a decision on before the drafts. And the risk, is part of list management.

I might delist anthony miles, kid is a gun, could get picked up in the AFL preseason draft, and one of you nab him....

risk i have to take, or i could hold him, then if he doesnt get picked up, i have to delist him later and get a much lesser player with my compo pick at the end of trade period #2 than i would have been able to get if i delisted him before the drafts.

everyone is in the same boat.

Ricochet

Yep thats cool, I just wasn't sure with the compo picks thats all.

Noz

Following players will be upgraded of the rookie list through the national draft

Dane Rampe - National pick 67
Mitch Clisby - National pick 90

JBs-Hawks

Will upgrade Jesse Hogan with #72

Also will delist Jacob Townsend

Ricochet