AXVS: TRADE DISCUSSION THREAD (2013/2014)

Started by Colliwobblers, June 29, 2013, 01:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 21, 2013, 01:01:49 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 20, 2013, 05:36:09 PM
i'll trade matthew wright for a starting defender, and most mids i'll trade for the right kind of defenders or even fwds.

when i say starting defender i dont mean your 5th or 10th best spud defender so don't even bother making stupid offers.

would also take a high draft pick defender kid prospect over a starting defender if it was a quality one.

Terlich is a starting defender in your team any day of the week...

yeah terlich would start but is he worth a fwd who averaged as much as martin in 2012? more than robinson and many many others, sure he had a bad season in 2013 but what crow didn't?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 21, 2013, 04:25:34 PM
i'll trade matthew wright for a starting defender, and most mids i'll trade for the right kind of defenders or even fwds.

when i say starting defender i dont mean your 5th or 10th best spud defender so don't even bother making stupid offers.

would also take a high draft pick defender kid prospect over a starting defender if it was a quality one.

yeah terlich would start but is he worth a fwd who averaged as much as martin in 2012? more than robinson and many many others, sure he had a bad season in 2013 but what crow didn't?

So you want a gun defender (someone who averaged more than 104 last year) for someone who had a very poor season (90 avg) this year. Good luck with that...

Colliwobblers

no i want a "starting" defender. that means top 4 in most teams, not to many of us have 4 defenders who averaged over 100 ?

i also said a young high potential player also would suit.

not sure i mentioned premium anywhere?

This was my post as can be seen above:

Quotei'll trade matthew wright for a starting defender, and most mids i'll trade for the right kind of defenders or even fwds.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 21, 2013, 05:29:33 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 21, 2013, 04:25:34 PM

So you want a gun defender (someone who averaged more than 104 last year) for someone who had a very poor season (90 avg) this year. Good luck with that...
You lost me when you said, 'gun'

If he was such a gun then why is he a turnover king and if he was a gun then why he took 5+ years to get recruited?

tbagrocks

That's just stupid, Wright is much better footballer than Terlich

Colliwobblers

memphs offer of terlich was not what i consider a stupid offer, he could turn out to be a very good player, problem for me at this stage is that is unknown at this stage.

just saying i wouldn't refer to that offer as unreasonable, but also not what i am looking for.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 21, 2013, 08:38:02 PM
That's just stupid, Wright is much better footballer than Terlich

This comp's not about how good a footballer a player is - it's all about how well they score.

For example Darren Glass in his prime was a much better footballer than almost all other defenders yet would not have ever been picked in fantasy competitions like the AXV teams because he doesn't score well.

Also lez I didn't refer to Terlich as a 'gun' I was saying Colli wanted a gun for Wright.

I can understand why people would have reservations about Terlich given the new coach but he showed more than most Demons defenders last season so if he can improve his disposal efficiency a bit this season I don't see why he wouldn't continue to start and play the same role for them and even improve his scoring.

As I've said to a few interested parties - I'm open to keeping him if a suitable trade doesn't appear. It's not like others where I was always going to take the best offer. I'd just like another midfielder before next season.

Noz

Colliwobblers

totally agree memph, problem for us doing a deal is terlich could fail and not be worth one of my gun kids, and on the flip side, he could succeed and then be worth more than one of my lower tier mids.

thats what makes getting a deal done difficult, i certainly have mids to trade, literally have to cut some but terlich is a tricky one.

still to think he won't improve (everyone) won't improve under roos is foolish, i reckon he will get the best out of all of them and we will see in a season or two if their best is good enough for him....

tbagrocks

No shower it's how well they score, was just referring to your post about "Good luck with that..."

Voicing my opinion on my disagreeance that Terlich is better fantasy wise than Wright ;)

Can't handle the heat, don't talk shower :o

Justin Bieber

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 22, 2013, 07:22:10 PM
No shower it's how well they score, was just referring to your post about "Good luck with that..."

Voicing my opinion on my disagreeance that Terlich is better fantasy wise than Wright ;)

Alright well then I can honestly say that Terlich has been a far better fantasy prospect than Matt Wright for the Asians XVs since the competition started.

This season and from here on in is what counts. As far as the Dolphins are concerned there was no 'fantasy' before 2013 (Asians).

tbagrocks

Ha nice! Great call ;D ! Still a fair trade though imo, Matty will probably play half forward imo

Nails

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 23, 2013, 10:48:24 PM

Alright well then I can honestly say that Terlich has been a far better fantasy prospect than Matt Wright for the Asians XVs since the competition started.

This season and from here on in is what counts. As far as the Dolphins are concerned there was no 'fantasy' before 2013 (Asians).

So Lance Franklin is hardly worth a thing?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on December 24, 2013, 02:51:46 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 23, 2013, 10:48:24 PM

So Lance Franklin is hardly worth a thing?

Biggest spud in the game > Matt Suckling.