2014 FIFA World Cup

Started by tbagrocks, November 08, 2013, 09:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

I'm going to back Nigeria. Reckon theycould get through their group as well!

Jay

What kind of a bullshower group is this ::) the FIFA rankings are rubbish!

Pretty unlucky that the 3rd best team in our group (Netherlands) would be the no.1 ranked in the Ivory Coast, Belgium etc. group!

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 07, 2013, 11:12:43 AM
Considering I'm half German they've been my favourite team since when i started watching the '06 cup. We always end up losing to the winners though  :'(
#DeutschlandVor

Master Q

At least we'll see some interesting matches  :P

Group G is one hell of a group.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jayman on December 07, 2013, 11:39:57 AM

Pretty unlucky that the 3rd best team in our group (Netherlands) would be the no.1 ranked in the Ivory Coast, Belgium etc. group!
Are you saying that Chile is better than the Netherlands? Because I would disagree with you there. Plus they wouldn't be the number 1 ranked team in the Ivory Coast group, Columbia is ranked 4th in the world and are in that group.

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 07, 2013, 11:56:58 AM

Are you saying that Chile is better than the Netherlands? Because I would disagree with you there. Plus they wouldn't be the number 1 ranked team in the Ivory Coast group, Falcao is ranked 4th in the world and are in that group.
Seriously though, they are a super team.

Australia will definitely put up a fight against Chile. I reckon we could get a win there...

Nige

The only prominent Chilean player I can think of off the top of my head is Alexis Sanchez.

Jay

Chile have Vidal as well, arguably one of the best players in Serie A.

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 07, 2013, 11:56:58 AM

Are you saying that Chile is better than the Netherlands? Because I would disagree with you there. Plus they wouldn't be the number 1 ranked team in the Ivory Coast group, Columbia is ranked 4th in the world and are in that group.

Sorry, I didnt mean the Ivory Coast group, meant the Belgium one

Nige

Somebody needs to charge their phone.  :P

Jay

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2013, 12:06:56 PM
Its a mates, not mine :P

But these FIFA rankings are actually awful. Dont take goal difference or homefield advantage into account. Hence Switz and Belgium ending up in pot 1 over Chile and France who are both much better teams.

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on December 07, 2013, 12:09:22 PM

But these FIFA rankings are actually awful. Dont take goal difference or homefield advantage into account. Hence Switz and Belgium ending up in pot 1 over Chile and France who are both much better teams.
Chile and France... better than Belgium? I'd beg to differ.

Also, hence why I said 'somebody'... didn't wanna say 'your' in case I was wrong.  ;)

elephants

France have been woeful for years :P They're better than us, but thats not saying much ;)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2013, 11:52:48 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 07, 2013, 11:12:43 AM
Considering I'm half German they've been my favourite team since when i started watching the '06 cup. We always end up losing to the winners though  :'(
#DeutschlandVor

Yeah it's literally the only interesting thing i find about soccer. So fluid 

Jay

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2013, 12:10:59 PM

Also, hence why I said 'somebody'... didn't wanna say 'your' in case I was wrong.  ;)
I'm just going by this. http://espnfc.com/spi/rankings#rankingsContent?cc=3436

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jayman on December 07, 2013, 12:19:07 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2013, 12:10:59 PM

I'm just going by this. http://espnfc.com/spi/rankings#rankingsContent?cc=3436
Wouldn't trust anything that has England in the top 10...