Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy123

Fyfe might not play that was a crazy head collision

Gigantor

Yeah the AFL site has the footage and his eyes sort of go wonky  :o

kilbluff1985

Big blow for Swans. Jarrad McVeigh 4-8 weeks with quad, Will Hayward 4 with jaw. Had operation yesterday

SilverLion

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2019, 01:17:13 PM
Big blow for Swans. Jarrad McVeigh 4-8 weeks with quad, Will Hayward 4 with jaw. Had operation yesterday
More ball for the seagull.

Koop

Quote from: SilverLion on April 08, 2019, 01:38:27 PM
Fills me with dread as a non-owner  :-[

Wanderer

Quote from: SilverLion on April 08, 2019, 01:38:27 PM

Does this help Mills in any way?

Ringo

Richmond will be without two more stars for extended periods. Trent Cotchin will miss 2-3 weeks with a hamstring injury and Jayden Short will miss at least 8 weeks with an elbow injury.

Ringo

Sydney: Heath Grundy (Back) Likely sidelined for a further 2 weeks

Geelong: Tim Kelly (Ankle) has been cleared of structural damage, will be a test for Round 4

Carlton: Andrew Phillips (Corked Thigh) Probable for Round 4

jvalles69

Looks like Fyfe could miss anywhere from 1-3 weeks.  :-\

Bully

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 09, 2019, 12:21:12 PM

Not surprised, was a very nasty knock.

jfitty

Quote from: Bully on April 09, 2019, 12:25:24 PM

Yeah not surprised at all, wondering if the affects of that could linger a while too?

You'd assume if he doesn't play this week he probably won't make the trip to Sydney the following week..

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on April 09, 2019, 12:29:21 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 09, 2019, 12:25:24 PM

Yeah not surprised at all, wondering if the affects of that could linger a while too?

You'd assume if he doesn't play this week he probably won't make the trip to Sydney the following week..

Coming from someone who has been knocked out 3-4 times I think they can linger, not so obvious but more absent mindedness. I gave away football after being elbowed in the face, lost a tooth & woke up on the field not knowing where the hell I was, almost like waking from a dream.

jvalles69

Has any player ever come back from concussion and played a great game?  I honestly can't recall this happening, Zerrett and Coniglio came back after concussions and had bad games for a while I think.  I'd like to see if there has been at least one occasion where a player has returned from concussion and had a blinder.

Wanderer

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 09, 2019, 12:37:26 PM
Has any player ever come back from concussion and played a great game?  I honestly can't recall this happening, Zerrett and Coniglio came back after concussions and had bad games for a while I think.  I'd like to see if there has been at least one occasion where a player has returned from concussion and had a blinder.

Can't think of any off the top of my head but the recent concussion to Collins seemed to have woken him up given his first round score.