Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

Quote from: elephants on March 29, 2019, 11:15:02 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2019, 09:59:44 AM
Quote from: don200652 on March 29, 2019, 09:42:59 AM
Giants website in team selection video "Toby Greene won't make trip to Perth due to a calf injury". Thought general soreness was very iffy.

Could only be 1 week

Cameron has opted not to risk Greene for the trip to Perth after the forward pulled up sore following Sunday’s match.

“He’s a bit sore in his calf so we’re not going to take him over,” Cameron said.

“He pulled up a little sore cramping-wise in the last 10 minutes of the game, he was very tight so he’s not going to play this weekend.

“With a six-day break, we can’t risk him and we hope he’s right and ready to go next week.”

Dumped for JD. Any excuse to bring in some more Eagles now my season is cooked, and Greene can't be trusted for more than 15 games imo

This is the question on my mind. Hold Greene and Play Burgess or Trade Greene to Parker off the back of 1 half decent score

tkringle

Mat0369

To be fair to Richmond (I can't believe I just said that), Riewoldt injured the arm flying for a mark deep forward. It had nothing to do with playing in the ruck

SilverLion

Football Factory

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 29, 2019, 02:00:33 PM
To be fair to Richmond (I can't believe I just said that), Riewoldt injured the arm flying for a mark deep forward. It had nothing to do with playing in the ruck

+1

Bully

Quote from: SilverLion on March 29, 2019, 03:39:15 PM
Grimes and Cox both got a week.

Balta 100% back next week & straight into defence.

SilverLion

Mat0369

Kreuz and Marchbank expected to play some level of footy next week. I just watched the Bolton press conference after they misquoted him saying they would play AFL. I take it the assumption is they will play some level next week (likely VFL) and come in over the next 3 weeks. I'd say they probably both need a fortnight run. If Phillips stinks it up or we have a key position back go down the timeline comes up

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 29, 2019, 07:08:33 PM
Kreuz and Marchbank expected to play some level of footy next week. I just watched the Bolton press conference after they misquoted him saying they would play AFL. I take it the assumption is they will play some level next week (likely VFL) and come in over the next 3 weeks. I'd say they probably both need a fortnight run. If Phillips stinks it up or we have a key position back go down the timeline comes up
will hurt me in afl as underdone in r2-4 with phillips r2 and non playing r3/4.   may need to look for a fwd.ruc

RaisyDaisy

Asked if Greene would be available, the coach said: "We've got to make good decisions. I don't know what that is yet … he's just a bit tight in his calf.

"If he's not right we don't play him. If he is then no doubt he will definitely come in."

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 31, 2019, 10:12:19 AM
Asked if Greene would be available, the coach said: "We've got to make good decisions. I don't know what that is yet … he's just a bit tight in his calf.

"If he's not right we don't play him. If he is then no doubt he will definitely come in."

That sounds like a 4 week "1" week injury

SilverLion

lol he's cooked

LordSneeze

Quote from: SilverLion on March 31, 2019, 10:15:51 AM

lol he's cooked
I was happy to hold for 1 given there was no head to head matches.
If he is out this week I will trade him, Gotta get Parker in anyway so sort of hoping he is out

js19

Ringo

Quote from: js19 on April 01, 2019, 01:06:39 PM
Liam Picken has officially retired. A big loss for the Dogs, but health comes first
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-bulldog-liam-picken-calls-time-on-his-career/news-story/78e34d9ed77ed739b6b8af0e22a8a897
Yet another player retiring prematurely due to concussion. Feel sorry for him and his family wishing all the best.