Team Sven 2020

Started by Sven, January 21, 2020, 02:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

Hello all!

Now that SC has opened and I've wasted the entire morning, here is my first draft!  :D

Gotta say, I know its a little cookie-cutter but I'm fairly happy with it. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

crowls

not cookie cutter at all sven.  some nice pod's in there, well done off to a good start.

Money Shot

Yeah I think this team has some really good pods.

Nic Nat could single Handley make or break your season. Haha :P

I’d swing Greene and Steven and turn Greene into Coniglio if you could also.

Sven

Quote from: Money Shot on January 22, 2020, 11:14:03 AM
Yeah I think this team has some really good pods.

Nic Nat could single Handley make or break your season. Haha :P

I’d swing Greene and Steven and turn Greene into Coniglio if you could also.

Not a bad option, thanks for that tip. Had to make a few adjustments in order to fit him in....thoughts?

Money Shot

Like the second team a lot more.

Sven

Quote from: Money Shot on January 22, 2020, 05:13:21 PM
Like the second team a lot more.

I really want to get Greene into my side and I've found a way....

OUT: A. Bonar, S. Flanders, D. Smith
IN: T. Bianco, J. Mead, T. Greene

Hill moves to the forward line to replace Bonar, Gould moves onto the field to fill the void. Any rookie could slot in for Flanders in the midfield and Greene replaces Smith up forward.

Does this make it better or leave me weaker?  ???

Ringo

Still prefer the second team though to sit. Consider those moves when we know what rookies are playing. Using Hill as aswing man beneficial.
With Greene be prepared for the ups and downs with suspensions or injuries. Definitely prefer Smith over him.

Sven

Quote from: Ringo on January 23, 2020, 09:11:20 AM
Still prefer the second team though to sit. Consider those moves when we know what rookies are playing. Using Hill as aswing man beneficial.
With Greene be prepared for the ups and downs with suspensions or injuries. Definitely prefer Smith over him.

It's just too hard to leave him out given his finish last year. Between Rds 17 - 23 he averaged 121.33! Yes, he's a gamble, but so is half of my side.  :P

Money Shot

Quote from: Sven on January 23, 2020, 11:55:51 AM
Quote from: Ringo on January 23, 2020, 09:11:20 AM

It's just too hard to leave him out given his finish last year. Between Rds 17 - 23 he averaged 121.33! Yes, he's a gamble, but so is half of my side.  :P
Coniglio got injured in round 16. Kelly missed a chunk of games in that period as well. Ward to also come back.
Think you’ll see him be pushed forward again and go back to a 90-95avg which is good but by no means a lock.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Greene's too much of an unknown for me to consider. I reckon he cam avg anywhere from 80-110 purely dependent on his role.

Sven

Quote from: Money Shot on January 23, 2020, 12:02:33 PM
Coniglio got injured in round 16. Kelly missed a chunk of games in that period as well. Ward to also come back.
Think you’ll see him be pushed forward again and go back to a 90-95avg which is good but by no means a lock.

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM
Greene's too much of an unknown for me to consider. I reckon he cam avg anywhere from 80-110 purely dependent on his role.

Both valid points. Perhaps I'll put him onto the wait and see pile for now.

Made a few tweaks, but still liking the current structure.

Also made up a team with Gawn in as well, which looks better now?

Money Shot

Definitely the second. Looks a lot safer.

Sven

Quote from: Money Shot on January 23, 2020, 09:05:37 PM

The only thing I dont like about the 2nd one is the two rookies on field down forward...  :-\

Money Shot

Quote from: Sven on January 24, 2020, 12:09:25 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 23, 2020, 09:05:37 PM

The only thing I dont like about the 2nd one is the two rookies on field down forward...  :-\
Bit hard to say at this point but Rankine/King both look like locks and there is always a handful of other forward rookies to pick from as well. I think it will end up being okay.

Just aim to upgrade your forward line first to get the rookies off the field.

Ringo

Also just work out which rookies will start in defence or forward as you have the option to move Hill forward if more defensive rookies start.