Started by Bill Manspeaker, October 10, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

drinks. 0-108 off 18

Finch 60 (57)
Hughes 45 (51)

Bill Manspeaker

BB67th

First drinks break and we are 110 after 18 going along at a run a ball. Looking good for a big total here and hoping that Finchy can go on and make a huge score and Phil can stay with him for a while longer. And of course just as I type that Hughes goes out ::)

BB67th

And now Watson goes...

Shame that Ferguson isn't playing this match. Really pumped to see him get into the national colours again. Suppose he will get his chance later in the tour.

Jay

Bill Manspeaker

what the flower was that? Watson just throws his wicket away

henry

And now Watto holes out for 2  ::). My boy finch still going nicely.

henry

Does anyone else think Bailey should be playing tests? Has been in great form in ODIs for a while now, yet rarely has had his name thrown up for a test gig. I think given his form against top sides in ODI matches where admittedly the pitches are much better for batting warranst a test spot, maybe at number 5 or 6. He's experienced, has leadership qualities and would let the likes of hughes and khawaja continue to work on their game with less scrutiny.

I have been a big fan of his since he got the one day captaincy, anyone else agree he deserves a test shot? Has shown he can play under pressure.

We're 185/4 off 35, Bailey 46 off 50 and Maxwell 8 from 11. Some Maxwell big hitting and Bailey can hit it nicely too could get us over 300.

BB67th

I think if he continues with a big tour here, and scores well at the start of the Shield season, he will come in and bat at 5. I was thinking about it the other day and he would be the perfect fit. Some experience in the order and is a reliable scorer. Can also score quickly when he needs to.

Don't put it out of the realm of possibility that he could be test captain either. Just turned 31, at the way Clarke's back is going, he will struggle to play on past the World Cup, and he has shown he is a good captain and thinker of the game.

tbagrocks

Bill Manspeaker

Bill Manspeaker

flower me why did I say something.  flower flower flower

tbagrocks

Bill Manspeaker

Bill Manspeaker

8/304

a good score, some nice late hitting. still gonna have to bowl well though. pretty flat pitch, just about all the batsmen got themselves out rather than getting out to a good ball.

cmon Aussies!