James Faulkner / James Franklin

Started by 13Brummy, January 18, 2013, 02:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13Brummy

Has anyone else been confused at some point by these two?

Until yesterday I thought that James Faulkner was some oldish bowling allrounder from New Zealand that happened to play for the Melbourne Stars.

I soon after learned that he was in contention for Australia's ODI/T20 teams and thought "this isn't right? He's a kiwi?!?!"

Then I went on to Wikipedia and learnt everything.  Thank God for Wikipedia.  These two are different people.  James Franklin is a bowling allrouder that has been around for 10 or so years for NZ.  James Faulkner is a relatively new-on-the-scene, bowling allrounder from Launceston.

I hope that this thread has done some service to any others that have been confused by this.

BB67th

Faulkner has been playing for Tassie for quite a few years now, he did get to play a T20 against India last year I think.

PowerBug

Yes, they are very similar. Both bowl and bat the same iirc. A fan of both of them. :)

Sapientia

Both are left arm seamers too.

The main difference is that Faulkner's got genuine talent. Elite wicket taker in the shield two seasons running. Rapidly improving as a batsman as well. A real prospect.

fidou

Faulkners father played sheild for Tassie in the 80's so has good pedigree.

Nige

Nope. However, for pretty much the whole Big Bash, I kept getting Kane Richardson mixed up with Kane Williamson of New Zealand...  :-X

fidou

What's wrong with you blokes getting kiwi's mixed up with straylians.