ICC ODI Team OF The Century

Started by AFEV, July 19, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

ICC held a poll to choose the ODI Team Of The Century. Doesn't really make sense because it hasn't been around for that long, similar story to the Adelaide Team Of The Century ::) But over 250,000 people voted and I'm not sure.
Now, the team.  **Note the team is not in the order it would be played, they just gave openers, keepers, spinners etc.

1. Tendulkar
2. Sehwag
3. Ponting
4. Lara
5. Richards
6. Dev
7. Gilchrist
8. Akram
9. Donald
10. McGrath
11. Murali

12th man. Bevan

Well, first of all Michael Bevan should have been the first man picked. Best OD batsman I've ever seen by far, and from what I've read, people agree.
I rate Sanath and probably Hayden above Sehwag as well.
For me it is a bit of a line ball between Dev, Botham and Kallis. The WC win helped Dev on his way into the team no doubt...But with
Murali and McGrath in the team I'd prefer the batting ability of Kallis.
Sanga & Gilly >>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else. Especially when you look at the others that were shortlisted. So I'm OK with this one :)
I can understand why all the bowlers were picked, wouldn't have minded Muble over Murali though, purely because having a cheater in the best side of all time is...Cheating :P

ossie85

Warne?

But fair side IMO, don't really have a fault with it. I agree with your Bevan comments though!

Waugh brothers a bit stiff also

AFEV