R5 Trades

Started by enzedder, June 28, 2020, 10:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

I know those who traded out Whitfield might have been able to generate some cash from it. If you decide to get him back in, you would have used a trade to get him out, then another to get him back in. If he gets injured again, you will use another trade to get him out again and for what? Some extra cash?

Rusty00

Quote from: Wanderer on June 30, 2020, 04:32:40 PM
I know those who traded out Whitfield might have been able to generate some cash from it. If you decide to get him back in, you would have used a trade to get him out, then another to get him back in. If he gets injured again, you will use another trade to get him out again and for what? Some extra cash?
Cash that enables upgrade of other areas of your team. Already 34 points ahead as well after 1 week.

jvalles69

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 30, 2020, 04:58:23 PM
Cash that enables upgrade of other areas of your team. Already 34 points ahead as well after 1 week.

Or never started with him.  8)

frenzy

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 30, 2020, 05:14:11 PM

Brown or Taylor will become Whitfield in another week or two. For loose change really.  8)

Thewizz71

Currently running with Howe/Stewart -> Ridley/TMitch.
May "risk it" by going Simpkin instead of TMitch  ???

kilbluff1985

Pickett to Serong locked in

just don't know if i should trade Howe to Maynard or Stephen Hill

if i go Hill i can upgrade Noble next week and nearly have enough cash for upgrading Starc or whoever to

shaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 30, 2020, 06:39:53 PM

if i go Hill i can upgrade Noble next week and nearly have enough cash for upgrading Starc or whoever to
What if Pickett is named this week?

Wanderer

Quote from: frenzy on June 30, 2020, 05:40:01 PM

Brown or Taylor will become Whitfield in another week or two. For loose change really.  8)

I can't wait to come up against the teams in the finals that spent so many trades bringing him in and out. That's if the season lasts that long. There will be carnage during finals for sure.
It's a good strategy if you are going for overall though.

Ingram

Loving Boak flying under the radar. Bit ridiculous really.

frenzy

Quote from: Wanderer on June 30, 2020, 07:45:21 PM
Quote from: frenzy on June 30, 2020, 05:40:01 PM

I can't wait to come up against the teams in the finals that spent so many trades bringing him in and out. That's if the season lasts that long. There will be carnage during finals for sure.
It's a good strategy if you are going for overall though.

I think LUCK is the only thing that separates the top end of supercoach. You could be sitting up top and avoided this weeks carnage, how? luck. But I also think you need to generate your own luck. I had big plans for Naismith if he tonned up again last week and didn't destroy his knee. But as Luck has it, I cancelled them and we move on.

JBs-Hawks

Did anyone watch the Freo game? How did Serong look compared to Tom Green?

MontyJnr

Trading Whitfield to Simpkin last week was a good move. For the purpose of this example, let's assume you start with $0 in the bank.

Whitfield was $537k. Scored 85. Now he is 483k.
Simpkin was $483k. Scored 119. Now he is 520k.

You can see that trade banked $54k, Simpkin is now 37k more expensive than Whitfield and an extra 34 points were gained on field.

Now let's look at next week...

If Whitfield scores 100, he will drop to ~450k.
If Simpkin scores 100, he will rise to ~550k.

The trade banked 54k, Simpkin is now 100k more expensive than Whitfield and an extra 34 points were gained in Round 4.

If Noble scores 60 this week, he will rise to ~285k.
If Curtis Taylor scores 60 this week, he will rise to ~250k.

If you trade Noble to a 123k rookie, you will have 162k. If you use this 162k to trade Taylor, you will have 412k (466k with the 54k gained from the initial Whitfield trade). This would be enough to bring in Whitfield at ~450k and 3 trades have been used.

If you kept Whitfield and made the same Noble/Taylor trades, you will have 412k. You will then need to find an extra 138k from a 3rd trade if you wanted Simpkin. If you want a cheaper alternative to Simpkin, the cheapest Top 6/8 contenders in any position (outside of Whitfield) are probably Laird at ~490k, Bailey Smith at ~500k & Dusty at ~515k which still require a 3rd trade to generate the cash required.

Basically, you still spend the same amount of trades either way and gain points if you got Simpkin.

Woppa15

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 30, 2020, 06:39:53 PM

Will Howes injury effect Maynards role? Has he been plying half back or in the middle?

Mat0369

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 01, 2020, 12:43:18 AM
Did anyone watch the Freo game? How did Serong look compared to Tom Green?

I didn't watch the Freo game but I watched the GWS game and Green looked like he did in the pre-season. My only issue is I don't trust the Giants. They have had young guys kill it in the past and Cameron will still drop them. At least with Serong he is cheaper and might get a decent run at it. I think I prefer the risky pick of Hill with the injury issues over Serong though.

Quote from: MontyJnr on July 01, 2020, 01:44:57 PM
Trading Whitfield to Simpkin last week was a good move. For the purpose of this example, let's assume you start with $0 in the bank.

Whitfield was $537k. Scored 85. Now he is 483k.
Simpkin was $483k. Scored 119. Now he is 520k.

You can see that trade banked $54k, Simpkin is now 37k more expensive than Whitfield and an extra 34 points were gained on field.

Now let's look at next week...

If Whitfield scores 100, he will drop to ~450k.
If Simpkin scores 100, he will rise to ~550k.

The trade banked 54k, Simpkin is now 100k more expensive than Whitfield and an extra 34 points were gained in Round 4.

If Noble scores 60 this week, he will rise to ~285k.
If Curtis Taylor scores 60 this week, he will rise to ~250k.

If you trade Noble to a 123k rookie, you will have 162k. If you use this 162k to trade Taylor, you will have 412k (466k with the 54k gained from the initial Whitfield trade). This would be enough to bring in Whitfield at ~450k and 3 trades have been used.

If you kept Whitfield and made the same Noble/Taylor trades, you will have 412k. You will then need to find an extra 138k from a 3rd trade if you wanted Simpkin. If you want a cheaper alternative to Simpkin, the cheapest Top 6/8 contenders in any position (outside of Whitfield) are probably Laird at ~490k, Bailey Smith at ~500k & Dusty at ~515k which still require a 3rd trade to generate the cash required.

Basically, you still spend the same amount of trades either way and gain points if you got Simpkin.

I had 24 trades heading into last round. If I made the two trades from that round it would leave me with 22 heading into round 5 of a 17 round season. That's 13 weeks and 22 trades. I can just about make trades every week and not have to worry. The key is to get cash gen in your team without compromising points and structure. Whitfield to Simpkin did exactly that. It's no worse than people trading Pickett to Serong or Hill this week. In fact you made more cash on that downgrade of Whitfield to Simpkin and still have a keeper for the time being.

Mat0369

I currently have Grundy, Nic Nat and Pittonet as my three rucks. I was thinking that I should trade Nic Nat this week because I have Pitto sitting on my bench and it feels like it's a lot of points to be sitting there right now. The cash from Nic Nat could have been utilised to send a rookie to the bench and trade in a premium.

Now that the games have been flipped about, it turns out Pitto plays on Thursday and I'm thinking of using my trades for an effective loophole. I put the E on Pittonet, if he scores trash I keep Nic Nat and trade a rookie. If he scores 90 or higher I dump Nic Nat to a premium and bank the points.

Here is a list of my other rookies and their B/E's

Starcevich - 11 keep
Noble -  17 keep
Rivers - -15 keep
Young - -21 keep
Williamson - -26 keep
Rowell - 21 Brownlow
Pickett - 29 hold
Brown - 2 keep
McInereny - -1 keep
Bennell - -11 keep
Taylor - 39 unsure
Brander - 12 unsure
Budarick - 1 keep
King - 33 keep
Cameron - -16 keep

They all have lowish BE's and cash still to make. Brander had a bit of a stinker last week so the cash gen could slow. Taylor is plodding with back to back poor scores but still has cash to make. King and Pickett haven't made enough cash to be worth trading. I'm thinking it has to be one of Taylor or Brander out in that situation. If I am downgrading Hill makes the most sense. I can also upgrade to someone like a Ceglar if I trade Howe to Ridley.

If I trade out Nic Nat I could get a combo of Ridley and Walters or Lloyd/Daniel and Smith. The other option is I do Howe to Hill and Nic Nat to a premium to try and do the upgrade the following week to Whitfield who will have that awful 8 out of his rotating average. If I trade Howe to Ridley this week that leaves me with the option of also making a Brander to any player 580k and under if the prices change enough. That could see me grab any premium forward/defender that isn't Lloyd/Walters and under.

In the end I'll be moving Nic Nat over the next fortnight, it's just if I pull the trigger this week. The quick summary  of options is

Howe and Taylor to Ridley and Hill
Howe and Taylor to Ridley and Ceglar
Howe and Taylor to Daniel/Lloyd and Hill
Howe and Nic Nat to Daniel/Lloyd and Smith
Howe and Nic Nat to Ridley and Walters
Howe and Nic Nat to Hill and Walters/Smith

Any thoughts?