Started by Colley Dogs, February 06, 2020, 09:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

Quote from: eaglesman on February 15, 2020, 02:33:49 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 15, 2020, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: frenzy on February 15, 2020, 12:50:59 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 15, 2020, 08:07:17 AM
Quote from: frenzy on February 14, 2020, 05:58:28 PM
Am I the only person that thinks starting Dylan Roberton is a risk. If he turns out 70's, that is an expensive rookie and it's a fail. I would rather start another rookie and save $100K plus. With that $100k, you could turn Heeney into Danger and that's a win.

Is 70's really a fail?

Darcy Moore went similar and I consider him a success

Most people starting Robbo have him at D4 - you can't start a rookie there

Seems like a pretty low risk move starting him imo

That's my point RD, you could of had the same success with another rookie. Only slightly better than rookie score at a premium rookie price.  The funds saved go to greatly improving another position, ie Heeney 90 ave against Danger 117 ave. If there's more and cheaper alternatives down the field so be it. We may have to start a weak line and a stronger def, all depends on  rookie availability.

Gotta factor in the JS too though. Darcy Moore, and now Robbo, were best 22 where as all these rookies could get dropped

Do the best 22s n then tell me there’s enough safe rookies frenzy ... there isn’t

it's the middle of Feb, clubs wouldn't even know their own best 22. Give it time.

eaglesman

Quote from: frenzy on February 15, 2020, 04:26:03 PM
Anyone, including best 22 can get dropped.,

Those cash cows make a fortune when they out of the side though ...

Mat0369

Quote from: oh_lol on February 14, 2020, 05:01:47 PM
I agree. People getting sucked into Doedee from his first year. Also with Keath leaving, Doedee will take his role I think. Won't bode well for scores.

He averaged 82 that year and it was on Pyke's system which worked with Lever and Keath as well when playing that role. There is no guarantee he is getting anywhere near the 80's again and he is priced at about 270k which is a fair chunk of change. Way too much risk at that price.

Quote from: frenzy on February 14, 2020, 05:58:28 PM
Am I the only person that thinks starting Dylan Roberton is a risk. If he turns out 70's, that is an expensive rookie and it's a fail. I would rather start another rookie and save $100K plus. With that $100k, you could turn Heeney into Danger and that's a win.

After last year I don't think he even gets back and plays. As sad as it is, I wouldn't be building my team around him. He is also around the 250k mark which is a pretty awkward price.

Mat0369

My current draft looks like this

Def: Howe (D3) / Hill (D4)
Mid: Oliver (M5) / Rowell (M6)
Rucks: Draper (R3)
Fwd: Dev (F4) / Bonar (F5)

I have Nic Nat at R2 but don't consider him a keeper or a cash cow.

Colley Dogs

Currently:

Def: Docherty (F3) / Roberton (F4)
Mid: S. Walsh (M5) / Rowell (M6)
Ruc: Goldstein / NA
For: D. Smith (F4) / Hill (F4)

This is my spine with 14 keepers / 19 trades to complete my team.

(I'm a Carlton fan, so that explains Walsh. Word through the grapevine is Gawn isn't going to be risked Rd 1 in Perth. No interest in ROB/Jacobs etc., so will run with 3rd in line to the throne: Goldstein). 

What I like:
- 11 trades for injuries/corrections
- allows for better play action in the back end of the trading season / if I get reasonable luck with injuries, I can correct trade one or two of my speculative keeper picks (e.g. Dev Smith, S. Walsh).

What I don't like:
- Flatter premium line: 10 safe premiums + 4 speculative keepers v 12/12 safe premium picks (but 23 trades to complete my team)

*Full team posted in Supercoach Team Advice*