Main Menu

Swans Best Team 2015

Started by Capper, October 15, 2014, 05:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Thoughts on CBird being pushed out by these gun kids coming through lads? Or is his role too important

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2015, 05:21:17 PM
Thoughts on CBird being pushed out by these gun kids coming through lads? Or is his role too important
Would have thought there would be more pressure on the older blokes rather than fellas like Bird.

Capper

Bird will stay on as the tagger/run-with-player when required

Might take a while to sort out the best 22 this year, which will be great for competition to get in the team

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on January 23, 2015, 05:32:22 PM
Bird will stay on as the tagger/run-with-player when required

Might take a while to sort out the best 22 this year, which will be great for competition to get in the team
Thanks mate. Just something I've been thinking about lately when it comes to you boys. Questioning whether his role keeps him in the side or if these more talented kids overtake him

SydneyRox

I dont see the kids taking over for bird unless he starts to struggle. think a rotation policy around the 5-6 good young kids we have is more likely with some tactical resting for guys like goodes, richards etc

Shaw is one that might find himself in trouble as far as getting run over by the kids.

Capper

In saying that though, Bird has had the vest a couple of times but i dont expect him to get it this year unless he is coming back from injury. There are a lot of younger players that i would like to see in the vest ahead of bird. Big explosion players with speed to burn

Money Shot

Do you guys see Jones being top 21 because I am considering for my D6 in SuperCoach and I know he can play but will he be good enough to fit in the Sydney side and will he play that half back role?

SydneyRox

Quote from: Money Shot on February 12, 2015, 09:31:48 AM
Do you guys see Jones being top 21 because I am considering for my D6 in SuperCoach and I know he can play but will he be good enough to fit in the Sydney side and will he play that half back role?

He is pretty damn close, the team is still taking shape, especially at the back. He will get plenty of chances, i am not sure it will translate to massive fantasy scoring, having said that he is currently in my sc team as well.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 12, 2015, 11:26:37 AM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 12, 2015, 09:31:48 AM

He is pretty damn close, the team is still taking shape, especially at the back. He will get plenty of chances, i am not sure it will translate to massive fantasy scoring, having said that he is currently in my sc team as well.
he is in and out of my team. Rhyce shaw is the big question in the 21. Once he goes then the battle is on for his spot

Mailman the 2nd

I still think Jones is too close/basically on position 22 or 23. I dunno why but I'd be surprised if what happened to Ryan happens to Shaw as well.

SydneyRox

The thing that might hurt Shaw is just the serious number of players we have ready to try and rotate through that spot.

The other name that gets forgotten is Laidler. He was overlooked/dropped at the business end of the season, so his spot might be in jeopardy.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 13, 2015, 01:30:02 PM
The other name that gets forgotten is Laidler. He was overlooked/dropped at the business end of the season, so his spot might be in jeopardy.
He was only there for depth and now that the kids have grwon up and performing i dont see him getting a go any time soon

Capper

SydneyRox

Here is the squad that AFL.com came up with today

Best 22

B: Nick Smith, Ted Richards, Dane Rampe
HB: Gary Rohan, Heath Grundy, Rhyce Shaw
C: Kieren Jack, Josh Kennedy, Lewis Jetta
HF Dan Hannebery, Lance Franklin, Craig Bird
F: Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Ben McGlynn
Foll: Mike Pyke, Luke Parker, Jarrad McVeigh
I/C: Isaac Heeney, Harry Cunningham, Sam Reid
Sub: Jake Lloyd

They have left Mitchell out in favour of Lloyd.

Mr.Craig

How solid is Cunningham's position?