WXV Round 15: Suns Seeking Seventh Sands Surrender

Started by Purple 77, July 10, 2018, 07:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 05:48:32 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 05:43:52 PM
Paul Ahern, back to back 80s and now 50 at half time.  Looks like we have ourselves a solid midfielder.
     Thanks to those who offered nothing for him and especially the coach who said he was a "list clogger".

I'd love to see some of the offers you received for him that you consider "nothing"

Hadn't played a game in years due to injury - I'm sure you would have received fair offers for that but in classic Pacific style you probably expected a 90+ forward or Top 3 pick for him :D
There are a few that keep saying crap like that.  I would like you to show me these trades where we are winning...
    FYI he was available for a pick and I think someone may have offered like #35.

Should I mention that you offered Tyson, then Newnes for Gaff.  Or do you conveniently forget that?
  Or how about we offered Lyons for Hannebery which you considered as low balling.  Of course IIRC you offered Tyson...

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 05:56:07 PM
There are a few that keep saying crap like that. I would like you to show me these trades where we are winning...

Should I mention that you offered Tyson, then Newnes for Gaff.  Or do you conveniently forget that?
  Or how about we offered Lyons for Hannebery which you considered as low balling.  Of course IIRC you offered Tyson...

They don't exist, because nobody agrees to your demands lol

And we never offered just Tyson for Gaff so stop talking shower - it was Tyson + more, and at the time it was certainly reasonable. Obviously in hindsight Gaff has gone to a new level since and Tyson has gone backwards, but we aren't to know that and at the time of discussion our offer was very fair. You didn't have to accept it which is completely fine, but it was definitely fair, unlike your ridiculous demands

And whoever offered Pick 35 was a fair offer for a bloke who hadn't played a game in years due to multiple LTI's so you saying that is "nothing" just backs up my point

Anyway, let's continue this during the off-season and get back to this round

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 06:21:10 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 05:56:07 PM
There are a few that keep saying crap like that. I would like you to show me these trades where we are winning...

They don't exist, because nobody agrees to your demands lol

And we never offered just Tyson for Gaff so stop talking shower - it was Tyson + more, and at the time it was certainly reasonable. Obviously in hindsight Gaff has gone to a new level since and Tyson has gone backwards, but we aren't to know that and at the time of discussion our offer was very fair. You didn't have to accept it which is completely fine, but it was definitely fair, unlike your ridiculous demands

And whoever offered Pick 35 was a fair offer for a bloke who hadn't played a game in years due to multiple LTI's so you saying that is "nothing" just backs up my point

Anyway, let's continue this during the off-season and get back to this round
You can't admit when you're wrong hey?  That's ok, I won't tap the glass.

upthemaidens

Oh that's right you got all hot and bothered because we thought Tex for Stanley was fair.
  How has that worked out? A 90avg R/F vs an older forward who is a roller coaster and hardly plays.

In fact not even completed trades, tell me an offer that was ridiculous?  I think you'll struggle to find any.

RaisyDaisy

Admit I was wrong? About what? I told you exactly what happened

Everyone knows you're the worst to trade talk with, which is why you barely do any trades

You keep bringing up examples in hindsight - well done genius. Stanley was a 70avg hack who wasn't even best 22, but you keep telling yourself you're right now because you look at the trades now in hindsight and not back then when it was actually relevent

Good luck getting that 90+ mid you want for Fasolo. Hasn't happened the last few years, maybe it will this year

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:01:32 PM

Everyone knows you're the worst to trade talk with, which is why you barely do any trades

You keep bringing up examples in hindsight - well done genius. Stanley was a 70avg hack who wasn't even best 22, but you keep telling yourself you're right now because you look at the trades now in hindsight and not back then when it was actually relevent

Good luck getting that 90+ mid you want for Fasolo. Hasn't happened the last few years, maybe it will this year
Keep telling yourself that. 

meow meow

I do the most trades so I must be the best to deal with. Because ripping me off is apparently fair and legal in this competition.

Compo.

meow meow

Hamling and Lamb for Sandilands.

Sandi will be retired and I'd have 2 players who are still playing.

Regret not taking that one so much.

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2018, 07:15:24 PM

35yo and plays half a season, can/could have retired at any time.  Hamling is a 25yo 67avg. Def with good job security.
  Actually he's on 70 at 3 quarter time now.  Not sure what Sandi is on, can't see his name..

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 07:25:16 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2018, 07:15:24 PM

35yo and plays half a season, can/could have retired at any time.  Hamling is a 25yo 67avg. Def with good job security.

I wasn't being sarcastic. 211 gives me the showers with all his injuries and I certainly could use that 67 average defender. He's youngish so I could definitely build my team around him in the future. Jed Lamb on top too... pinch me.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 07:07:32 PM

Yeah great response. Exactly what I'd expect because it's true

And LMAO at actually justifying that Sandi offer

MajorLazer

meow meow

Normally when I give up a player I have to sacrifice a few draft spots too, so actually getting something for one of my players would be bliss.

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:31:43 PM

So that's why your nose is brown.   

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:31:43 PM

When I rejoined WXV you wanted BOTH of Devon Smith and WHE for Bennell. I'm still sickened.

Quote from: MajorLazer on July 15, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
You guys all suck.