Main Menu

Essendon ASADA update

Started by Jroo, June 12, 2014, 06:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReverseTorp

Goddard isn't affected personally as he wasn't at the club at the time. Although the team performance will of course affect him

It is a shame, I think the players shouldn't be hit as they were lead along.

Barra13

He could well be affected if all players are issued with a ban. He can't really kick to himself...

ReverseTorp

Quote from: AaronKirk on June 12, 2014, 06:47:47 PM
We have years and years of this bullshower to come.

Plus all the jibes from opposition supporters for many years to come

scumbag

yes he can, 1000 points to himself would be awesome

BB67th

The Brendon Goddard Bombers has a nice ring to it.....

AFEV

Quote from: ReverseTorp on June 12, 2014, 07:24:26 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on June 12, 2014, 06:47:47 PM
We have years and years of this bullshower to come.

Plus all the jibes from opposition supporters for many years to come
Doubt they will end in my lifetime.

Mailman the 2nd

Thats if Essendon even has a team left.

Don't worry Tasmanians, Bomber Thompson is on the way

Ringo

I think there is one part of the report a lot of people are overlooking by stating case can drag on for 3 years.  Whilst that may be the case players involved are suspended immediately if infraction notices issued as per the extracts below.

"Show-cause notices require players and officials to explain, within 10 days, why they should not be handed infraction notices for breaching the WADA drug code.

If ASADA doesn't accept the explanation it then compiles a report on each player who may have breached the code.

This report is then given to an independent group of experts which assesses the evidence and decides whether an infraction notice should be issued by ASADA and the AFL.

If an infraction notice is issued, the player would be suspended immediately until the matter was resolved at a Tribunal."

Delay may be in the issuing of the infraction notices but once issued players suspended immediately.

BratPack

The minute they do (assuming they don't tomorrow) Ringo. Paul Little will be on the Federal court doorstep with a team of lawyers to get an injunction

Capper

Quote from: brad on June 12, 2014, 06:44:51 PM
booooooorrrring
and i thought the dees v pies game was slow and boring on Monday. This will be worse

Ricochet

Quote from: BratPack on June 12, 2014, 10:54:30 PM
The minute they do (assuming they don't tomorrow) Ringo. Paul Little will be on the Federal court doorstep with a team of lawyers to get an injunction
Yeh they'll push this out as long as possible

Purple 77

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 12, 2014, 08:48:42 PM
Thats if Essendon even has a team left.

Don't worry Tasmanians, Bomber Thompson is on the way

:D

But yes, this is going to be on Essendon's agenda for quite some time I believe  :-\

Ricochet

and here we go

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-launches-federal-court-challenge-against-asada-and-afl/story-fni5f22o-1226952296676

ESSENDON has launched a stunning Federal Court counter-attack against ASADA and the AFL.

Bombers chairman Paul Little will announce the court challenge at a press conference at the club

Nige

Whelp, can't wait for this to overshadow just about everything else for God knows how long.