Main Menu

Breaking News

Started by kilbluff1985, August 02, 2013, 07:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Sid on August 06, 2013, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: vinny on August 05, 2013, 09:06:41 PM
Tim Watson has said that he believes that the Bombers will be stripped of premiership points come Rd 23. :o

Sorry but I don't have a link but I am sure others too would have heard it on Channel 7 News.
I don't listen to MMM but I gather from what other people have said Tim thinks this will be under the 'bringing the game into disrepute'?

I'll be very upset if we're cleared then we lose points under such an ambiguous 'rule'.

They did bring the game into disrepute. Assuming innocent, they had the most dodgy practices around. Assuming innocent, essendonare very stupid

BB67th

Quote from: ossie85 on August 06, 2013, 06:58:36 AM
Quote from: Sid on August 06, 2013, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: vinny on August 05, 2013, 09:06:41 PM
Tim Watson has said that he believes that the Bombers will be stripped of premiership points come Rd 23. :o

Sorry but I don't have a link but I am sure others too would have heard it on Channel 7 News.
I don't listen to MMM but I gather from what other people have said Tim thinks this will be under the 'bringing the game into disrepute'?

I'll be very upset if we're cleared then we lose points under such an ambiguous 'rule'.

They did bring the game into disrepute. Assuming innocent, they had the most dodgy practices around. Assuming innocent, essendonare very stupid
AFL is always going to charge Essendon under bringing the game into disrepute regardless of what ASADA find. ASADA and WADA still have a big part to play that will take many more months to see if there are suspensions for players and if people at the club are sacked. On top of that the AFL Commission will most likely strip Essendon of its points this year and not allow it to play finals.

anchorman

I think their penalties will go much deeper than just losing popints this year.I think they may have to play next season without poins,as per the Storm.It is bigger than just a one year ban. It will be more than bringing the game into disrepute.Maybe loss of draft picks and no trades to be done.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: anchorman on August 06, 2013, 06:02:12 PM
I think their penalties will go much deeper than just losing popints this year.I think they may have to play next season without poins,as per the Storm.It is bigger than just a one year ban. It will be more than bringing the game into disrepute.Maybe loss of draft picks and no trades to be done.

makes no sense comparing this situation to Storm ::)

Cicjose

if they can prove that any Essendon players are proven drug takers....... worse than salary cap issues imo

but both situations would come under bringing the game into disrepute

kilbluff1985

Have no doubt we will be punished for bringing the game into disrepute

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 06, 2013, 06:07:03 PM
Quote from: anchorman on August 06, 2013, 06:02:12 PM

makes no sense comparing this situation to Storm ::)

Sure it does.

Storm = Cheats

Essendon = Cheats

Ricochet

Not sure how credible but...

Rory Cahill ‏@rmcahill 20m
BREAKING: AFL to confirm Hird bound by Anti Doping Code, ASADA report to confirm hexarelin use. Hird gone. Stories to follow.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on August 07, 2013, 12:29:41 PM

BREAKING: AFL to confirm Hird bound by Anti Doping Code, ASADA report to confirm hexarelin use. Hird gone. Stories to follow.
Richard Ings was on MMM Adelaide this arvo and confirmed coaches are not bound by AFL or WADA anti-doping policy.

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 07, 2013, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 07, 2013, 12:29:41 PM

Richard Ings was on MMM Adelaide this arvo and confirmed coaches are not bound by AFL or WADA anti-doping policy.
Oh ok will be interesting to see if anything comes of it

kilbluff1985

If you want a laugh go onto YouTube and search for Hitler receives ASADA report

Would post link but on phone it's very funny

roo boys!

kilbluff1985

Something happening tonight I'm hearing

Vinny

I walked into the lounge room and saw a headline on the news. Players suspended and I'm like oh shower what do we have here.

Cuts to Fletcher who's been suspended for rough conduct....well played Channel 7 ::)

T Dog